Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Random Stupidity (Read 271908 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #165 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
That's the one!

-b0b
(...giggles like a school girl.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #166 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.

Passers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.

The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.

A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say.

"They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."

Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.

While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing a dog to death was "absurd".

"If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.

Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.

A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year.

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he added.

-b0b
(...is too sexy for his tie.)

IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #167 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
College Student Accused In Barcode Switch
CU Freshman Begs Police To Let Him Go

BOULDER, Colo. -- A 19-year-old freshman at the University of Colorado faces criminal charges after police said he made a fake bar code label to buy an iPod for $4.99. The actual price of the MP3 player was $149.99.

Jonathan Baldino was arrested Wednesday at a Target store and police said the electrical-engineering student admitted making phony bar codes using a program he downloaded off the Internet.

Police said he downloaded a program called "Barcode Magic" and used it to generate low-priced codes that could placed over actual, more expensive, bar codes.

Baldino wrote a statement for police that begged them not to prosecute him, according to The Denver Post.

"I will NEVER EVER DO THIS EVER AGAIN and I am once more terribly sorry," Baldino wrote. "Please let me go for I am terribly sorry!!! I'm only a kid! Help me out. I just want to go home. I did this not knowing of the serious penalty that lies behind it. Please! Please! Please!"

Baldino faces a felony charge of forgery and two misdemeanor counts of theft.

According to its Web site, the Barcode Magic program allows users to "generate bar codes for home, hobby and retail with our easy to use bar-code software. Simply select a bar-code style and font, enter desired text and numbers, and a bar code is automatically created."

Police said that Baldino didn't even pay for the software program. He used barcodes generated during the 15-day trial period.

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Sethelarian
GeekCrew n00b

Level 14 Paladin of DOOOOOOOOM!

Reply #168 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharg!

That's as messed up as a football bat!
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #169 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Your "h" key appears to be stuck.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #170 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Somebody's been hitting the eggnog.

-b0b
(...spiked it.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #171 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 10:44am
Print Post  
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2005/301105videogame.htm

Video games where you help the NWO take over America?

Also a follow up on the story about the camera in the bathroom and the kid taking it down thus getting him suspended for 5 days...

http://infowars.net/articles/december2005/011205Kidsconditioned.htm

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #172 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I want that game, that is hot!

Pure awesome.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #173 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Hawt Torrent linkage.

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=6451920

It's a direct link, so the download will start immediately.  This game is mostly a sleeper title, so don't expect many seeders.  I'll seed for a couple days.

-b0b
(...luscious linkin' goodness.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #174 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
I know this is a l4m3r n00b question but...how do you install a game that's broken up into 50 different files?  Do I unzip the first one and then that's one installer or what?

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #175 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Pat, you are officially banned from the cool kids club.

Use a RAR extractor, like WinRar.  The files are "linked," so when you unzip one they are all automatically extracted.

-b0b
(...is smooth like that.)

IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #176 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Did anyone else read that they're making a Final Fantasy-based beverage called Potion in Japan?

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #177 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
I'm so being the Texan group first (who are portrayed as drunk, gun-tottin rednecks) and the California (man I wonder what kinda hippy stuff they have?)

Also this is just pathetic...right up there with Canada classifying the Bible casue it's hate speach.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9.htm

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #178 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Just in case Drudge takes this off his Flash sectoin

"UK: GIRL SENT HOME FROM SCHOOL FOR WEARING A CRUCIFIX
Mon Dec 05 2005 19:45:41 ET

A school today defended its decision to exclude a pupil after she refused to take off her crucifix necklace.

Sam Morris, 16, was told to remove her cross and chain on Thursday by deputy head teacher Howard Jones at Sinfin Community School in Derby.

When the year-11 student refused she was told not to return until today and without the item of jewellery.

The 1,070-student comprehensive has a strict policy which bans most jewellery being worn.

Items can be worn out of view or if they are part of religious beliefs, such as the Kara, a bracelet worn by Sikh males.

But the policy has been described as "unfair" by Sam's mother, Debra Saunders.

Sinfin Community School deputy head teacher Howard Jones said her daughter's one-day exclusion had been a "last resort" after a 30-minute conversation failed to persuade her to take it off.

He said: "There was a long period of persuasion with her and she was given time. It was only at the end of that that I reluctantly had to exclude her for a day.

"I met with her mother today and readmitted her daughter."

Mr Jones said the strict jewellery policy, which bans large earrings or items worn on the outside of clothing - was to avoid accidents and to remove temptation from thieves.

However, Sikh male pupils are allowed to wear the Kara, one of five physical symbols worn by followers of the faith.

Mr Jones said: "As a Christian I don't have to wear a crucifix but Sikhs don't have that option and we have to be understanding. We live in a multi-faith society."

Mrs Saunders, of Thackeray Street, Sinfin, told the Derby Evening Telegraph: "Sam has worn this necklace for more than three years and it is of great sentimental value to her.

"No-one has told her to take it off before and she doesn't want to.

"She thinks it is very unfair when other people are allowed to wear religious symbols and it just ends up creating a divide between the pupils when everyone is told they should be living in unity."

Developing..."

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #179 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
That's absolute and total BS.  How is it okay for Sikh's to get away with wearing jewelry because their religion mandates it, but Christians can't do the same thing because it's "optional?"

Talk about a double standard.

-b0b
(...grumble cakes.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Send TopicPrint