Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic MP3 Players (Read 5063 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

MP3 Players
Oct 18th, 2005 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Can you guys help me.  My MP3 player I think just died on me and I want to get a new one.  What is the best player?  I don't want an I-Pod either. 

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: MP3 Players
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry Patrick, but the I-Pods are superior to any other MP3 player on the market hands down.

Too bad its the only good thing Apple can make.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2005 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Bah!  There are plenty of decent MP3 players on the market made by companies that don't suck.

Creative has several successful lines of MP3 players that have substantially greater storage capacity than anything Apple has offered to date.  They offer up to 40GB of storage, and some have full color screens and built-in cameras.  They've got big ones with all kinds of nifty accessories, and small "nano" ones (that I'd probably lose within five minutes of opening).

If I had money to blow on an MP3 player, it'd be a Creative Zen all the way.

-b0b
(...thinks Apple sux0rs!!!111eleventyone11)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2005 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I must be out of touch with modern sound card technology.  Apparently, Creative jumped the Audigy 3 and went straight to the Audigy 4, and they've now announced the SoundBlaster X-Fi, which is a stupid name if I've ever heard one.

Their new "gaming" sound card sounds freakin' crazy.  64MB of RAM on a soundcard?  That's sheer lunacy!  Of course, for $279.99 you'd expect a pretty decent card.

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=1...

Quote:
Designed to meet the performance demands of the world's best-known professional gamer, Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty™ FPS sound card provides stunning 109dB SNR audio quality, accelerates gaming performance and includes 64MB of on-board X-RAM for high performance gaming. With support for EAX® ADVANCED HD™ 5.0, the latest version of the EAX Environmental Audio standard, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS card utilizes X-Fi CMSS 3D technology for stunning audio realism over headphones in LAN gaming. The Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS features a convenient front-facing internal drive bay for easy connectivity, plus the X-Fi IR remote to easily access and control all digital entertainment, and to control the X-Fi 24-bit Crystalizer, X-Fi CMSS 3D, 3DMIDI and EAX. In addition to providing outstanding gaming performance, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS includes all of the standard features, application software, power and performance capabilities of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum and Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic.

I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like a big fat pile of marketing to me.  As in, "Watch out, don't step in the marketing!"

Have you guys heard anything about these cards?  I'm still running an original Audigy Platinum, so I might have to look into upgrading my soundcard to one of these bad boys sometime early next year.  Thoughts?

-b0b
(...needs some new speakers, too.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2005 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
I got this one ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855125004 ) when it was about $120 now its only $91 +shipping.  I'm not sure if I would recommend it though.  Occassionally it cuts out on me while in mid song.  And when Ii turn it on, it does not leave off where it was when I shut it down.  I hear good things about Creative Muvo players.

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint