Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 158550 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Cry freedom!
Nov 8th, 2005 at 10:18am
Print Post  
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/07/antiwar.sermon.ap/

This is why churches really need to learn tax codes.

Filling for a 401(c)3 are only for those orginizations which are not churches or clearly defined by the laws which are already exempted.

It's easier to look at it this way:  As an American citizen you are exempt from following the laws of Mexico since they don't apply to you.  However if you were to sign a contract with Mexico and they put stipulations in that contract that says you must follow certain rules in order for you not to break your contract then you must follow those rules.

This is the same for churches, at least already signified Chrisitan churches as well as other faiths.  However by signing the 4019c)3, that they don't need because the are already exempt, they put themselves under the rule of the state.  And if the government puts pressure on a newly formed church because they didn't file the 401(c)3 then usually the church thinks they have to because they don't read the law.  They just do what trustworthy Uncle Sam tells them is correct.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2005 at 11:09am
Print Post  
You're absolutely right about the 401(c)3 status.  Churches are exceptions, not exemptions.

That church sounds downright retarded, but their views are their own business.  If they were accepting campaign donations, the IRS might have a point, but this is downright stupid.

-b0b
(...hates the IRS.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2005 at 8:29am
Print Post  

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,635160132,00.html

Well well well looks like we have one smart Mormon here

X

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Nice, we need more mainstream scientists to get to analyzing this... What really happened on 9/11 should not fall out of the  spotlight as it has.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Supposedly, this guy's findings will be published in a peer-reviewed paper, which should definitely generate some textual criticism on his work.  It'd be nice if they'd label the peer-reviewed journal that will be publishing his work.  Hopefully it's something sizeable and flashy...

-b0b
(...thinks America needs a good political cleansing.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
This should make you smile, Stewie...

http://www.bigbrotherawards.org/

-b0b
(...laughed.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 11:33pm
Print Post  

made this baby in photoshop today, thought it sums it up quite nicely. I think I'm going to make 10,000 of them and hang them around Detroit.

Viva la Revolution!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Wow, Briney, that is hawt.

Almost as hawt as Earth 2160.

-b0b
(...thinks the gubmint gave him Earth 2160 to take his mind off conspiracy.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 12:55am
Print Post  
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashmav.htm

What?  Big Brother?  You're crazy.  You're so crazy.  Yes you.  Yes, you're...you're...you're so crazy.  Oh my ...oh my...so crazy you are.  You think they would watch you...you...oh you're so...and you think they're going to put frones over your cities.  Oh my yes you are so crazy...you crazy nut you...so crazy.

X
(Crazy)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 1:00am
Print Post  
They wouldnt do that!!

No!

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Ok guys I have the interview on the Alex Jones Radio Show with Steven E. Jones

Would you want me to post it on here....if I can, or if anyone wants me to send it to them just IM me.

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 10:24am
Print Post  
http://www.kcbs.com/pages/kcbs/news/news_story.nsp?story_id=85369425&ID=kcbs&sca...

Alrighty you remember this guy.  He lost the pledge of alligence case because........he didn't have legal custody of his daughter.  Ha ha ha moron!  Now he wants to take "In God We Trust" off money....I for one agree with him.  I don't need God on money of a country who constantly disobey and spit in His face.  It seems the more you see "In God We Trust" on our money the less likely you're going to listen to Him.

X
(Any thoughts)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
The Supreme Court just shot down a similar case today by rejecting a plea to hear a case.  Apparently, a court building in Lexington, North Carolina has "In God We Trust" inscribed across the exterior of the building.  Some pansy liberals decided they didn't like it, so they sued.

Ridiculous.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/13164636.htm

-b0b
(...heard it on the radio, so it must be true.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
In my opinion, there need not be any references to God in our government. The founding fathers never said anything specific about the seperation of church and state, but pushing God on people through a governing body is never the way to go. It's what turns people off to God in the first place. look at how the Catholic church operated in the Middle ages. Explain to me how 60,000 christians took to the road and marched for 3,000 miles burning and raping their way to Jerusalem. All in the name of God. Good going.

The United States needs to be careful in the coming years on how it conducts itself in the world arena. Many nations view the US's war on terror as a Christian jihad on Muslims. Even Condelleza Rice has said the road to democracy in the Middle East will be long. What the crap is that, who says they need democracy. I am reminded of the Roman empire conquering nations and then leaving magistrates to rule over the new territory. Think of Afghanistan and Iraq. After we went in, we put in leaders that are obviously sympathetic to the US, and we install a system of government almost the same as ours. The oil in Iraq was privatized almost instantly and 100% of the industry is now run by independant companies, which of course were bought by American oil giants. We also gave a bunch of contracts to American companies to rebuild and basically convert Iraqis to the American Way of Life.

Conquerers, thats all we are. Next is Iran or Syria, the US is already building a case against Iran in the United Nations, cause we know that we cannot do another illegal war. Maybe a "terrorist" attack would help convince Americans and others around the world that Iran should be stopped.

Whoops. Got off track.

~BRiney

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 102
Send TopicPrint