Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 163264 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #1515 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 9:38am
Print Post  

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1516 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I sent a couple letters to my congressmen today to oppose the rapidly growing threat to the second amendment and to encourage the reintroduction of a couple of bills from the last congress.  I encourage you guys to do the same!

Quote:
Anti-Gun Legislation

http://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

I understand you're seeing a flood of support for the "Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence" bill from a very specific niche of the political spectrum.  Please stand strong in your opposition toward this bill.  I've been a firearm owner for many years and I use my firearms for sport, recreation, hunting and other activities.  At no point in time have my firearms been used in a violent manner, and it is unacceptable that my second amendment rights would be curtailed because of a single psychotic individual with whom I have no relation.

Thank you for your time.

Quote:
Repeal of ObamaCare

http://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr6079

I understand you're seeing a flood of support for the "Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence" bill from a very specific niche of the political spectrum.  Please stand strong in your opposition toward this bill.  I've been a firearm owner for many years and I use my firearms for sport, recreation, hunting and other activities.  At no point in time have my firearms been used in a violent manner, and it is unacceptable that my second amendment rights would be curtailed because of a single psychotic individual with whom I have no relation.

Thank you for your time.

Quote:
National CCW Reciprocity

http://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr822

I have held a concealed weapons permit for eight years and I enjoy the freedom to choose when and where I can carry a firearm in my home state.  Fortunately, Michigan enjoys reciprocity with 39 other states, but eleven states either do not share reciprocity or have no CCW laws on the books.

Traveling to other states with a concealed firearm is always a painful process.  Even if the state does share reciprocity, their specific laws regarding disclosure, "pistol-free zones", and other matters can vary greatly.  By passing a successor to the national reciprocity act, we would enjoy reciprocity with every state that permits "shall issue" CCW laws and a singular list of non-permissible carry locations.  In addition to making the lives of CCW-holder easier, it would also eliminate unintentional infractions that can ruin the lives of CCW holder without improving anybody's safety or security.

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1517 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Too Big to Fail has become Too Big for Trial

Short, but the point is made

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1518 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Republican Gov. Rick Snyder will reportedly announce a state takeover of Detroit on Friday, according to a breaking report from ABC affiliate WXYZ.

“[Detroit Mayor Dave] Bing says the governor told him his decision during a phone conversation this morning,” the station reports.

It'd be cheaper to just close up shop.  Let Detroit become one giant urban exploration theme park.

-b0b
(...although it pretty much already is.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #1519 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Pretty amazing that the state can scrap elected officials. I guess it's better than doing nothing and watching the city fall as it has been. I voted no on the proposal in the latest election because the power could be so easily abused. In this case, it seems warranted. And if he saves Detroit, it will be legendary! One for the books.

AIM  
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #1520 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Nothing can save Detroit....

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1521 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
The_Fat_Man wrote on Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:08pm:
Nothing can save Detroit....

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #1522 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
lol

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1523 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Stick wrote on Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:18am:
Pretty amazing that the state can scrap elected officials. I guess it's better than doing nothing and watching the city fall as it has been. I voted no on the proposal in the latest election because the power could be so easily abused. In this case, it seems warranted. And if he saves Detroit, it will be legendary! One for the books.

Even if it works, I will never support EMs.  Just like how I never support federal usurping of state law/money/etc. Each city, like each state, should be a product of testing of liberty and capitalism and reform.  Let Detroit fail and let the people elect a new brand of leadership/rules and start over.  When your 8 billion in the hole for a single city...it's time to take your F and retake the class.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1524 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
I think people are forgetting that bankruptcy is there for a reason. Clear the debt, resulting in a trashed credit. As X said, they screwed up, its time to start over. You can't accumulate debt forever, no matter what the Federal Government says/does.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1525 - Mar 4th, 2013 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/obama-dhs-purchases-2700-light-armored-t...

The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1526 - Mar 4th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I feel safer already!

-b0b
(...no, really!)