Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Superbowl. (Read 33404 times)
MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Superbowl.
Feb 3rd, 2006 at 11:40am
Print Post  
There has been alot of commotion already here in Detroit. The military has done a few drills, with lots of low flying jets. The Coast guard is running drills of intercepting planes midflight, and boarding boats on the Detroit River. Shawn and I are going downtown tonight to take some pics. The Ren Cen has huge spotlights on top of the building that change colors and move around in the night. Floodlights illuminate a 15 story mural painted at the top of the Ren Cen's tallest building. Apparently they took all the homeless off of the streets and moved them to an old hotel. We are going to go downtown and check things out for ourselves and try not to get nabbed by homeland security for taking pictures. Cause thats just not cool anymore.

~BRiney

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Superbowl.
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2006 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
You're not staying in Detroit for the Super Bowl, are you?  That's sheer craaaaaziness!  Be sure to post your pictures!

-b0b
(...wonders how a Coast Guard ship intercepts an airplane?)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2006 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Coast guard helicopter... sorry. They actually have a LED display on  the side of the helicoptor that says YOUVE JUST BEEN INTERCEPTED.

haha.

but yea apparently the downtown is insanely bad to drive in, so we are just gonna walk.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

computerjuvenile
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2006 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't mind being in Detriot this weekend. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.  Just the atmosphere would be worth the trip.  I heard they have a lot of events this week.  Dog Sled races, the auto show, etc.   Detriot is going all the way this time.  (Making up for the fact that our local team sucks)

I should try to get Superbowl tickets.  What year do you think they have available tickets.   Knowing my luck it will be Superbowl L.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2006 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
HELLZ YEAH STILLLRRRRSSSS!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Todays the day!

Detroit is alive with massive spotlights and thick crowds. We walked to downtown, and it was like being in a different city. Everything was done up so nicely, and downtown was basically a giant festival, so beer was allowed on the streets. That was odd looking. And steelers fans are crazy. I took some pics but cant upload em yet, so maybe in a couple days.

Anyway cheers to you all, and enjoy the commercials!

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Can't upload?  Why the heck not?  We demand pictures, and our appetites must be satiated!

-b0b
(...and stuff.)

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 9:56am
Print Post  
you think the stillers (thats how we say it) fans are crazy there? try BEING in pittsburgh today. They have a lot of the roads closed. 

Stillers fanz are crazy and the best.

Grin YAY STILLLLERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cait
                                     (...is one of those fans)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Grinwe won!

we won !

ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE THE STILLRS!

STILLRS FOR LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OOOOOOOOoo

Cait
    (not under the influence....yet)

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
May I be the first to say...

"Whoop-dee-doo."

-b0b
(...snores.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 12:08am
Print Post  
All i have to say to that is the Seahawks deserved to win, there were too many rediculous calls against them, and they deserved a couple more touchdowns if they had challenged the call.

...gay

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 8:37am
Print Post  
the seacocks? pfff. briney. fuck that! the steelers won!

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 8:44am
Print Post  
oh, and by the way---the Steelers WON.

as a last pick wild card.

The Seacraps did not play a good game, by the way, had you paid attention in the last quarter when their QB wasn't even throwing to....uh, anyone. Yeah, that one touchdown by Roethisberger *was* a little bit iffy, but if you looked at it, he was already in the end zone when he scooted up. ....And just out of curiousity---Does Michigan even have an NFL team?

Did anyone else think that the Seahawks' coach look like an angry, fat version of the quaker oats guy?

I'm assuming whoever of you lives in Detroit (I have no idea which of you boys do) is pissy because of lack of sleep since Steelers fans are hellza crazy. I walked out of work last night and you could hear yelling from across the city. It was amazing.

Do not try to put me down on this one, boys. The Steelers kicked ASS (75 yard touchdown by Willie Parker? uh, AMAZING!)

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Wow, you people are nuts. Michigan has an NFL team, the Detroit Lions. They suck, but who cares. I don't think having an NFL team or not determines if your state is cool. No, there was no ruckus downtown from the steelers fans. No I was not kept up by the noise, and I really didn't care who won at all, I was just saying the seahawks got ho'ed by the refs. I personally think that people take sports way to seriously and should maybe go do something else with their lives than follow a game played by guys with overinflated salaries and egos.

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Wow just think Cait if you put that kind of energy and feeling into fighting for your rights that are slowly being taken over.  Or even how your government is working for you.  With the collective power of the agresstion and knowledge that some people can have for a team, the government would be so much less corrupt.  They would be held accountable.  How can you say, "It doesn affect me" when it comes to politics and that's your rationale for not voting, not writing member of Congress, the President, the State, etc. yet when it comes to a team that you don't even play for it somehow is the most precious thing in the world?

One day I will look down from Heaven or across the great plains of America and laugh at the cry of anguished souls crying for freedom...crying that they didn't know their rights were being taken away.  What's that you're going to an internment camp without a trial or representation?  I told you...but you were too worried about routing for 12 guys beating the crap out of 12 other guys for a simple football.

X
(Repent!  Repent!  For the end is at hand!)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

computerjuvenile
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
I didn't get to see a single minute of the game  (bob!!!!)   As I was walking in the door coming home from Bob's house, the game ended.  I ended up watching Grey's Anatomy.  I would have rather watched the SuperBowl. 

(really wants to hit bob)  "Your have plenty of time Nathan.  Just come to my house." 

Remind me to never listen to Bob

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
What did Bob do?

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #17 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Note:

I wasn't meaning to insult the great state o' michigan by asking if you guys had a team. I actually didnt know if you did or not......I dont pay attention.

Secondly, Pittsburgh was an energy field last night of happiness. You kids would've been buzzing too had you been here. You know it was the only actually semi-happy thing to happen to me this school year, so if you boys wouldn't shit on it, me and my depression would appreciate that.

X, you dont know who the fuck you are talking to. I pour my damned soul into things I care about. Yes, I spent energy on football last night because HEY! I can enjoy myself too. The larger other portion of my life is spent towards 1: my family/friends/faith 2: education and so on. Don't lecture to me about my priorities. Alright? You think you have every right to tell me I don't fight for women's rights or my rights in general? are you kidding? I go to an all women's liberal school and everyday is a fight for my rights. Alito just got nominated into Supreme Court and you think I'm sitting on my ass about it? I count down the days until the next election because I cannot stand the bitches the Bush administration are. You think I dont care about hearing that I have friends being shipped off to Iraq as if they are fucking toys? You think that I dont care about hearing about girls getting refused their birth control because the government gave stores the okay on saying no to giving girls the pill? You think that I dont care about my rights just because I was really into having a good time last night about the fact that my home team won the superbowl?  Did I ever say that I didn't care or that it didn't effect me how the government worked?

How dare you try and place words in my mouth and talk shit about me when you have never even fucking started a conversation or tried to talk to me!  I think that was bullshit of you to post such a shitty ass comment about who I am when you dont even know what the hell I've been through and what the hell I do in my life. It was nice of you to try and be poetic, but all you seem like is a little ass fart. 

cait
                        (....of fiery anger and rage, now)

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #18 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Aww I think she likes me!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #19 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
:middle finger: Cheesy

Cait
   (...is a sarcastic bitch stuck in a chair)

nassau_chair_me_sunkist.jpg (Attachment deleted)

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

computerjuvenile
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #20 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I love it when people post like that on fourms.  It makes me laugh.

He wanted me to pick up a computer after chuch that I'm fixing, because he doesn't feel like it.  He insisted that I come last night.  He said that I had plenty of time to see at least an hour of the game.  I walk in the door from picking up the computer, and my sister announces that the game ended just a second ago.

I think he just did it because he knows I like football.

blahhhhhhh....

WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #21 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
For Funsies

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #22 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
seizures arent cool

my friend amie has been in and out of the hospital for them recently

in fact, she had one out in the quad today around noon and was shipped off in an ambulance. 

that post made me not want to have a seizure, but made me want to vomit.

I think I have the flu.

what are the symptoms?

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #23 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
computerjuvenile wrote on Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:01pm:
He wanted me to pick up a computer after chuch that I'm fixing, because he doesn't feel like it.

Congratulations, you've just won the "Understatement of the Century™" award.

Quote:
He insisted that I come last night.  He said that I had plenty of time to see at least an hour of the game.

Was I even part of this conversation?  I never said anything about when the game would end.  I have no clue when it started, nor do I have any clue when it ended.

Quote:
I think he just did it because he knows I like football.

Well, football is pretty brokeback.

-b0b
(...heard that Brokeback got nominated for a bunch of awards.  WTF?)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #24 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
(...heard that Brokeback got nominated for a bunch of awards.  WTF?)

It's ok. Some of the Oscar members aren't even watching the film anyway, so it's got less of a chance of winning.

IP Logged

pangulo
GeekCrew n00b

Reply #25 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
^You watched it?   Huh

Well, if your Dad's not wondering now...

I kid.

Lucky 13
AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #26 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Blah! I won't take this abuse. I have NOT seen the movie.

IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #27 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Why all this talk about Brokeback?  Why is becoming an adjective now?  I don't even know what the movie is about.  Sure, I can IMDB it, but I have other things to do.

I didn't watch a single minute of the Superbowl either.  The only reason I know who won (and who was playing, for that matter) was that I was on the forums.

There's more to life than football...

(Could you guys send some prayers/happy vibes my way?  I've been struggling with some medication-related symptoms that are causing me to struggle in classes this week.  I'm feeling a big melancholy.  Thanks guys.  Being on here is like having a bunch of younger brothers.)

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

pangulo
GeekCrew n00b

Reply #28 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I've seen it.  It's not an excellent movie but it's not horrible either.  I don't know what all the fuss is about from either end of the sexuality spectrum.  I guess, it's just not my type of movie.

Best wishes musiciannary.

Lucky 13
AIM  
IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #29 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 7:28pm
Print Post  

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #30 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Brokeback, although I have not seen it, I've heard has some great cinematography and writing. Everyone I know whose watched it (alot of people, since my campus is a little heavy on the "happy" side) has loved it and said it was worth watching.

I can't bring myself to watch a sex scene between Heath Ledger and another man. Stick to the romantic teen flicks, Heath.....jeez o man.

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #31 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Brokeback Mtn is about two gay cowboys who leave normal lives as straight guys and go into the mountains to have gay sex or some shit.

While the movie was done quiete nicely I hear, the story is not something I'm really interested in watching.

That won't stop me from making fun of it, nothing ever does.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #32 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 9:04am
Print Post  
The_Fat_Man wrote on Feb 6th, 2006 at 11:12pm:
While the movie was done quiete nicely I hear, the story is not something I'm really interested in watching.

It may very well be a "quite nicely done" movie, but it's still gay.

-b0b
(...agrees with Wes for once.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #33 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
I just went back and read the Cait-X drama bit (yeah I skip over anything that looks serious or inteligent).

And does anyone else think Cait looks kinda like Corey Spade?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #34 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 8:22am
Print Post  
uhm.......and corey spade would be who?

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #35 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 9:13am
Print Post  
I'm not touching that one with a thousand foot pole.

-b0b
(...runs away.)

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #36 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 10:26am
Print Post  
who in the hell is corey spade? if thats a guy, I'm going to drive up to michigan and kick your ass, Wes.

FYI: picture of me in chair is from 2 or 3 years ago

But no, really, who is corey spade?

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #37 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Wes doesn't live in Michigan.

-b0b
(...shuriken STRIKE!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #38 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Some guy we know...

Wes is in Colorado Springs.

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #39 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
That's SO Corey Spade.

And Briney stop giving away the location of my Batcave!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #40 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
no, really guys, who is corey spade?

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #41 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
I'd post a picture, but I fear for my life.

-b0b
(...thinks Briney should do it.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #42 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 12:05am
Print Post  
*Doesn't think any of you should do it*

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #43 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Do it, Briney!  You know you want to!

-b0b
(...cheers.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #44 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 9:21am
Print Post  
I've been "asked" kindly not to.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #45 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Suxor!

-b0b
(...mehs.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #46 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Meh indeed. I wonder what Corey is up to these days anyway.

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #47 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 9:51am
Print Post  
just by him saying I look like Corey Spade, what does this imply?

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #48 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 11:48am
Print Post  
He's probably playing D&D and eating cheetohs.

And I meant you have similar facial features and skin coloring. Smiley

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #49 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
his skin tone might be like that becauase of his, and I'm assuming this, tendency to stay in a basement and play D&D.

i am this pale because i am usually 1: sick  and 2: heritage.

facial features have changed since that picture was taken a few years back.

Cait
             (....doesnt like being compared to a boy)

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #50 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
his skin tone might be like that becauase of his, and I'm assuming this, tendency to stay in a basement and play D&D.

You know him better than you think.

-b0b
(...played countless sessions of D&D in the basement `back in the day.')

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #51 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
joy.

― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #52 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
I compare people to the other sex all the time.

b0b looks like Star Jones.

Pat looks like Mellisa Ethridge.

Briney looks like that guy from Will and Grace (the hyper one).  Ok so that ones not the opposite sex, but close enough.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #53 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
The_Fat_Man wrote on Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:53pm:
b0b looks like Star Jones.

On a treadmill.

-b0b
(...right.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #54 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
I like to think I'm similar to JD from scrubs.

...if only

~BRiney

(...roffles)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint