Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Silly kid stories thread (Read 4573 times)
Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Silly kid stories thread
Jun 25th, 2006 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
I've been working with the kids' ministry at my church here in the Lansing area for about two weeks now.  I'm still pretty new, and most of the kids don't know me very well yet but are starting to warm up to me.  One in particular, though, rendered me speechless.

He walked right up to me, looked up at me, and said straight out,
"How old are you?  How come I'm almost as tall as you?"

After a blank stare in exasperation and a moment of silence, all I could get out was
"That's right, you are..."

The same kid also stole my lesson plans, ran away from me and crumpled them up, forcing me to tickle him.  He didn't let up until the other teacher, who is taller, more assertive, more attractive and knows the kids better, intercepted the documents and returned them to me with a smile.

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Re: Silly kid stories thread
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Oh I got one...I do work at a childrens park.

So I'm sitting at my ride one day just chilling, drinking some arizona iced tea, when I hear a clink behind me.

I turn around to see a little blonde girl, maybe 6 playing with my "Closed for Severe Weather" sign that I had hanging on the fence behind me.

I ignored it and turned back around to watch the ride....when I hear a LOUDER clank, only to turn around to see the little girl holding the sign.

I'm like - "Hey I need that sign, can you put it back for me?".  What does the little hellspawn do? Smile and take off like a bat out of hell down the hill.  I stop the ride, let everyone off and end up chasing her half way across the park before I caught here and took it back.

She thought it was a rather fun game.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Man I can imagine Wes running after this lil girl...I think it'd look something like this:

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Rofl X wins!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2006 at 12:24am
Print Post  
i have two.

One (from last year when I worked in a nursery):

there was a morning at church when a granddaughter of one of our members came up to the nursery. she had a diesease (i cant think of what its called right now) where she couldnt walk, speak or really do anything. So, her parents took to the nursery where they told me she could just watch and chill there. Where she couldnt communicate back---she did understand what was going on around her and would respond via facial gestures (smile/frown)---so I asked her if she was having fun. All she did was smile. One of my little boys who was always in the nursery, Cabot, looked at me and said "She's not talking to anyone....I guess she's just havin' a shy day!"

Two (happened when babysitting my 3 year old neice, Cassi):
    My neice started to take off her shoes and socks. When I asked her why she was doing that, she said "horsies dont wear shoes or socks!" and i said "but you arent a horse, silly!" and she looked at me with HUGE eyes and says "YES I AMMMMM!!!!"

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2006 at 11:26am
Print Post  
FatMan chasing down a little girl?  That must've been a sight to see!

-b0b
("...GET IN MY BELLY!")

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint