Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Middle East Conflict (Read 170272 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Middle East Conflict
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 1:42am
Print Post  
The Israeli's just launched an airstrike on the Palestinian foreign ministry, following their strike on Lebanon after Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers.  Israel has called up the military reserves.

Lebanon and Israel are both referring to one another's actions as "acts of war."  The Palestinians and their Arab backers are on two sides of Israel, with Hezbollah and their Lebanese and Iranian supporters on another.

This could get messy really, really fast.

-b0b
(...get some!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #16 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150885988710&pagename=JPost%2FJPArti...

Quote:
Israel has information that Hizbullah guerrillas who captured two Israeli soldiers are trying to transfer them to Iran, Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said.

Regev did not disclose the source of his information.

Man... This is seriously going to erupt into World War III if someone doesnt step in, or I don't even know what. There is too much escalation, and its only a matter of time before Israel takes on Syria too.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #17 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
The headline news said something about troops being called to Syria but I wasn't paying enough attention to hear who's troops those were.  Honestly, I hope Isreal gets it's ass kicked.  If this many countries are against them, there must be a legitimate reason.

Another option would be to wipe out the entire middle east and then divide it among all countries left standing to make them happy and not attack us for being meanies.  Lips Sealed

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Just wait until Israel and Iran go at it.  That'll be the end of the Middle East as we know it.

-b0b
(...thinks the whole place will get paved.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #19 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I haven't heard of Hezbollah in the past.  If anyone knows about them could you give me a quick background of this group?

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #20 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Its an Islamic militant and political group in Lebanon. It was started in the 80's or so to combat Israel's occuupation. They were backed financially and logistically by Syria and Iran, and grew like crazy. They carried out attacks against Israel, but also funded schools, and other social stuff like that, and became a pretty big political party.

After Israel left Lebanon in 2000, they were called upon to disarm by the world. But when the intifada broke out again, they rearmed and now they are doing their thang in Lebenon. Syria and Iran still back them, which is why these attacks carried out by Israel are going to call some major problems if they continue.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #21 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/738315.html

Iran warns of 'fierce response' should Israel strike at Syria

Quote:
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday an Israeli strike on Syria would be considered an attack on the whole Islamic world that would bring a "fierce response", state television reported.

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #22 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I hope Israel gets its ass kicked too.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but for being the "Land of Peace" they are by far the one country in the world that is not afraid to let the shit hit the fan over the smallest of things.   They have a dangerous temper and they are going to get their country wiped out.

Someone needs to put them in their place and tell them to calm the fuck down.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #23 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 12:12am
Print Post  
my friends and i were just having this discussion this evening.

and when my friends Nassau and Paige (both victims of hippie parents) were yelling about it (and agreeing)--- I just decided I'm sick of the middle-east and their drama. America should just stay out of it---let them fight for long periods of time and then when all sides are weakened---go in, take over and have one sweet ass vacation colony.

no?

Cait
    (....super tired---was forced to watch the first part of "10th Kingdom")

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #24 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
I was watching Hardball with Chris Mathews and the Syrian ambassador to the U.S. was interviewed.  He said that Isreal is making such a big deal about two soldiers when in reality there are 9,000 captured Palastinians in Isreal.  Its remarkable how different each side views these situations and it makes me think twice about who the real "wrong-doer" is.

I remember when Briney did a breakdown of the U.S. budget and it lead me to wonder how much of that budget is donated to Isreal for weapons and other aid... hmmmm

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #25 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Theyve gotten 140 billion from the US since its formationi n 47. And thats reported. So who knows. I saw a similiar interview on CNN. First he interviewed the Israeli ambassador to the US, and he was ever so polite. Then he interviewed the Syrian Ambassador and the interviewer was cutting him off, and putting words in his mouth. It was so nuts. I can only imagine how badly foxnews was spinning it.

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #26 - Jul 15th, 2006 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3275886,00.html

Quote:
London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat says Israel gave Syria 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity, bring about release of kidnapped IDF troops. ‘Israel will not end military activity until new situation created that will prevent Syria, Iran from using terror organizations to threaten its security,’ newspaper quotes Pentagon official as saying
Roee Nahmias

The London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday that “Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.”

Quote:
The report said “a senior Pentagon source warned that should the Arab world and international community fail in the efforts to convince
Syria to pressure Hizbullah into releasing the soldiers and halt the current escalation Israel may attack targets in the country.”

If this article is accurate, then we are in some serious trouble here. Cause if Syria is attacked, Iran will be shortly behind. If Israel gets in a pickle, how long will it be before the US becomes involved. Interesting that the US just send 2 carrier groups to the region a month ago.

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #27 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 12:29am
Print Post  
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19806745-1702,00.html

Quote:
THE UN Security Council has again rejected pleas that it call for an immediate cease-fire between Israel and Lebanon after the United States objected, diplomats said overnight.

Washington argued in closed-door talks that the focus for Middle East diplomacy for now should be on the weekend summit in St Petersburg of the Group of Eight industrialised nations, council diplomats said.

It was the sole member of the 15-nation UN body to oppose any council action at all at this time, they said.

Again the US shows its true colors. Whenever there are civil rights violations or violence, the US is quick to condemn.  You bring in Israel, and the US suddenly vetos any resolution that would ever convict Israel.  They shouldnt be immune. If they are going to wage war, they should be held accountable. They arent even talking about the kidnapped soldiers anymore, Israeli officials are saying they wont stop until Hizbullah is disarmed. And I dont think they are just gonna stop with Lebanon.

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #28 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 4:02am
Print Post  
I was just heading to bed and then this happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/16/mideast/index.html

Hezbollah rockets kill 8 in Haifa

Yep, thats not going to bode well for tomm.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2006 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, as is Hamas.  They're responsible for the deaths of countless foreigners, including peace-time soldier assasinations (Col. Will Higgins and Bill Buckley come to mind), diplomat killings (journalists Terry Anderson and John McCarthy), religious envoys (Terry Waite and Brian Keenan), and others.

Have you forgotten about the 1983 bombing of the US embassy in Beirut?  It killed 63.  How about the truck bombing later that same year that killed 241 sleeping marines?  The next year, they bombed the new US embassy and killed 22.  How about the 1985 hijacking of TWA Flight 847?  How about the Israeli embassy attack in Argentina in '90?  Shall I keep going, or have I made my point?

The US has not and should not stand up for a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.  I don't care how much "good" they've done in their own communities, and I don't care if they call themselves a "political party."  They are cold blooded murderers and Israel has every right to wipe them off the face of the planet.  Personally, I'm glad the United States is backing Israel in destroying Hezbollah.  They're nothing more than a pathetic façade for a group of militant murderers.

-b0b
(...seems to be the lone man out on this one.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Send TopicPrint