Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Middle East Conflict (Read 170125 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Middle East Conflict
Reply #165 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Security Cabinet Decides: End All Rocket Attacks from Gaza
by Hana Levi Julian

The Security Cabinet decided in a longer-than-usual meeting Wednesday to put an end to the rocket and mortar attacks fired by Gaza terrorists at Israel.

The resolution adopted by the cabinet included a decision to destroy the Hamas regime in Gaza, while continuing to negotiate a final status agreement with Palestinian Authority Chairman and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas.

The resolution included a decision to coordinate with Egypt the efforts to topple Hamas. The cabinet also expressed its determination "to avoid a humanitarian crisis in Gaza, to the extent that the matter depends on Israel."

It is the first time that a formal decision has been taken to completely eradicate missile attacks launched from Gaza.

There were no details on how the IDF would carry out the orders or on what the soldiers will and will not be allowed to do.

More than 180 rockets have been fired at southern Israel in the past seven days, including at least 20 long-range 122 mm Iranian "Grad" missiles.

On Wednesday, Israeli authorities discovered chemicals used for making explosives just one hour after Israel opened up Gaza crossings for shipments of humanitarian goods. The chemicals were discovered in a sealed container and were intended for use in Kassam rockets.

Officials have also noted in the past that much of the "humanitarian aid" sent into to Gaza never reached the residents for whom it was donated. On several occasions, IDF soldiers discovered bomb-making ingredients packed in sacks marked "sugar" and other donated food supplies waiting to pass through the border crossings from Israel into Gaza, most recently on Wednesday.

According to sources in Ramallah, the oil-rich Gulf state of Qatar has been donating millions of dollars per month to help relieve the poverty suffered by Gaza residents – but Hamas operatives have stolen much of it to purchase advanced weaponry.

The aid is reportedly meant to strengthen Abbas, who is considered to be a "moderate" force in PA affairs despite the numerous terror attacks carried out by Fatah's Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades terrorist group.

The PA population elected the Hamas terrorist organization to lead the government in a landslide victory two years ago, although Abbas, who is leader of the rival Fatah faction, remained as PA Chairman.

The two factions spent more than a year fighting for control of the PA in a bloody civil war that ended in June 2007 with Hamas taking over Gaza. According to the Foreign Ministry, 1,018 rockets and 937 mortar shells have been fired at Sderot and other communities in the western Negev since Hamas conquered Gaza.

Abbas and his Fatah faction retained control over Judea and Samaria, but have been unable, or unwilling, to restrain terrorists in the region from initiating attacks on Israeli civilians.

What was that sound?  Was that the sound of a can of whoop-ass being opened?  Yes, I think it was!

This is going to leave a mark.

-b0b
(...bets it won't buff right out.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #166 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ventura: Will he or won’t he?
March 14, 12:53 AM

To hear Jesse Ventura tell it, he’s either out to become president or an expatriate.

In the opening to his fourth book, due out April 1, the former wrestler and governor of Minnesota writes: “As I begin to write this book, I’m facing probably the most monumental decision of my 56 years on this planet. Will I run for president of the United States, as an independent, in 2008? Or will I stay as far away from the fray as possible, in a place with no electricity, on a remote beach in Mexico?”

Throughout the book, called “Don’t Start the Revolution Without Me!,” Ventura seems to go back and forth on the question, pro and con:

Pro: “My outrage knows few bounds. … I can’t live with this apathy. I can’t tell myself it’s not happening.”

Con: “Psychologically, I need to break away from the United States. I also felt it was time in my life to go on an adventure. … And I found that, even in the 21st century, you can still be something of a Kit Carson,” the renowned 19th-century frontiersman.

Pro: He details a conversation he had in Mexico with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. about running together on an independent, third-party ticket.

Con: His wife, Terry, says she refuses to be first lady of anything again.

Pro: WWE Wrestling Chairman Vince McMahon told Ventura he’d back his bid “100 percent, with everything I’ve got.”

Con: The epilogue of the book imagines eight months of 2008 headlines, as Ventura decides to run on a “WWE independent ticket.” Ventura envisions “shoving McMahon off to the side” and announcing his candidacy before 70,000 fans at the 24th annual WrestleMania. Which must mean he can’t be serious.

Wow, this guy is threatening to turn the 2008 presidential elections into the 2003 California gubernatorial elections.  What's next, a pr0n-star announcing their candidacy?

-b0b
(...wonders if Arianna Huffington will jump back into the fray?)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #167 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L17532514.htm

Source: Reuters
MITROVICA, Kosovo, March 17 (Reuters) - Serbs attacked a U.N. convoy carrying Serb detainees from a raid in Kosovo on Monday, enabling several detainees to escape, a Reuters witness said.

The attack occurred after U.N. police stormed the main U.N. court in northern Kosovo, retaking it from Serbs who had forcibly occupied the building three days earlier. Dozens of Serbs were arrested in the raid.

Wow, I wonder how the UN will respond to this?  Maybe if they really get whipped up in a fury, they'll send the Serbs a harshly worded letter.

-b0b
(...oh noes!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #168 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Woa now...let's not get out of hand here.  For the UN to send a harshly worded letter they'd have to come into work, park illegally, find out what the heck has happened in the world, then they would have to appoint people to become a choosing committee, then they would have to filibuster until Kosovo becomes the supreme power of the world.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #169 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
ALESSANDRA RIZZO, Associated Press Writer

VATICAN CITY - Islam has surpassed Roman Catholicism as the world's largest religion, the Vatican newspaper said Sunday.

For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us," Monsignor Vittorio Formenti said in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano. Formenti compiles the Vatican's yearbook.

He said that Catholics accounted for 17.4 percent of the world population — a stable percentage — while Muslims were at 19.2 percent.

"It is true that while Muslim families, as is well known, continue to make a lot of children, Christian ones on the contrary tend to have fewer and fewer," the monsignor said.

Formenti said that the data refer to 2006. The figures on Muslims were put together by Muslim countries and then provided to the United Nations, he said, adding that the Vatican could only vouch for its own data.

When considering all Christians and not just Catholics, Christians make up 33 percent of the world population, Formenti said.

Spokesmen for the Vatican and the United Nations did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment Sunday.

It's interesting that Catholicism, a single sect of Christianity, is comparing itself to the totality of Islam.  You'd think they would just break down Islam into it's varying factions (Sunni, Shiite, etc.) and still claim they were the biggest bad-asses on the street.

-b0b
(...never understood the Catholic church.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #170 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
When considering all Christians and not just Catholics, Christians make up 33 percent of the world population, Formenti said.

Seems like the other Christians don't count to him. Ha!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #171 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Well this Pope has redeclared that if you aren't Catholic then you aren't a Christian and therefore aren't saved.  Also, I don't know how you would even count these numbers accurately.  Also, no one can know another's hearth, how do you know that these people weren't raised Catholic and just identify themselves as such.  When really all they are are "well if you're good you'll get in" type of fake Christians?

X

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #172 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well this Pope has redeclared that if you aren't Catholic then you aren't a Christian and therefore aren't saved.

Whaaat now?

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #173 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
THE POPE HAS REDECLARED THAT IF YOU AREN'T CATHOLIC THEN YOU AREN'T SAVED!

X
(Wow...open your ears!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #174 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Here - I found ya the links:

http://www.zimbio.com/The+Roman+Catholic+Church/articles/40/Pope+Declares+Other+...

This is his first statement

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288841,00.html

This is him trying to back peddle just a bit.

X

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #175 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
You should know by now that my "what now?" is shorthand for LINK ME!

wank.

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #176 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
"Christ 'established here on earth' only one church," the document said. The other communities "cannot be called 'churches' in the proper sense" because they do not have apostolic succession - the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles.

Quote:
The document said Orthodox churches were indeed "churches" because they have apostolic succession and that they enjoyed "many elements of sanctification and of truth." But it said they lack something because they do not recognize the primacy of the pope - a defect, or a "wound" that harmed them, it said.

Theres nothing in my Bible that says we need a pope. Thanks catholicism for adding to the inspired Word of God.

Thanks for trying to add to what Jesus did on the cross for remission of sins, thereby saying theres more needed that what Jesus did.

Thanks for moving the sabbath to Sunday, in honor of the sun god apollo. Real nice Emperor Constantine... real nice.

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #177 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
That's why, back in the day, you had people like Martin Luther and he Thesises.  Today we get morons like Hagee just saying random anti-Catholic things.  Luther didn't nail his manuscript to the door as most people think, because he wasn't trying to tear down the church or split it up.  His movement did bring us to the Solo Scriptura (only Scripture) that was present after the death of the apostles and before the rise of Roman Catholicism.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #178 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
MediaMaster wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 1:10pm:
Theres nothing in my Bible that says we need a pope. Thanks catholicism for adding to the inspired Word of God.

Buuuuut he's infallible!  How dare you impugn his self-righteous declarations!

-b0b
(...at leas he gets a cool hat.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #179 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I thought that the person who had the magical pope hat was God?

This religion stuff is all confusing...if only someone would write it down in a book for me to read.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:52pm by spanky »  
AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint