Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Middle East Conflict (Read 170243 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Middle East Conflict
Reply #180 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I prefer simple, easy-to-understand instructional videos.

-b0b
(...small words, please!)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #181 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Woot, books on tape!

Hmm, now who still has a tape player...

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #182 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
They're also called audio books...so you can get them on CD now...wait...who still has a CD player?

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #183 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
My car does you lamer!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #184 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Yeah, he just upgraded his 8-track deck last week.

-b0b
(...get both!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #185 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
That was after he replaced the phonograph player...it'd always skip when he hit a bump...or making out with his b/f.

X

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #186 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
...or making out with his b/f.

Why talk about yourself in the third person?

...hmm, call myself gay just to make fun of pat.  Was it worth it?   Yes, yes it was.

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #187 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Fun - and oh so true.

-b0b
(...backs out of this thread slowly.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #188 - May 20th, 2008 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
'Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term'
www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1210668683139&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FS...

JPost.com Staff , THE JERUSALEM POST May. 20, 2008

US President George W. Bush intends to attack Iran in the upcoming months, before the end of his term, Army Radio quoted a senior official in Jerusalem as saying Tuesday.

The official claimed that a senior member of the president's entourage, which concluded a trip to Israel last week, said during a closed meeting that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were of the opinion that military action was called for.

However, the official continued, "the hesitancy of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice" was preventing the administration from deciding to launch such an attack on the Islamic Republic, for the time being.

The report stated that according to assessments in Israel, recent turmoil in Lebanon, where Hizbullah de facto established control of the country, was advancing an American attack.

Bush, the officials said, opined that Hizbullah's show of strength was evidence of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's growing influence. They said that according to Bush, "the disease must be treated - not its symptoms."

In an address to the Knesset during his visit here last week, Bush said that "the president of Iran dreams of returning the Middle East to the Middle Ages."

"America stands with you in firmly opposing Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions," Bush said. "Permitting the world's leading sponsor of terror to possess the world's deadliest weapon would be an unforgivable betrayal of future generations. For the sake of peace, the world must not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon."

I call BS, but nonetheless, there it is.

-b0b
(...thinks congress would tell him to shove it.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #189 - May 20th, 2008 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Army Radio quoted a senior official in Jerusalem as saying Tuesday.

Great not only is the administration threatening Iran from time to time, but so are all Presidential candidates (except Ron Paul), but now Israel is speaking for us now.  Just peachy.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #190 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
Robert Mugabe's militia burn opponent’s wife alive
The Times
June 12, 2008

Jan Raath in Mhondoro

The men who pulled up in three white pickup trucks were looking for Patson Chipiro, head of the Zimbabwean opposition party in Mhondoro district. His wife, Dadirai, told them he was in Harare but would be back later in the day, and the men departed.

An hour later they were back. They grabbed Mrs Chipiro and chopped off one of her hands and both her feet. Then they threw her into her hut, locked the door and threw a petrol bomb through the window.

The killing last Friday – one of the most grotesque atrocities committed by Robert Mugabe’s regime since independence in 1980 – was carried out on a wave of worsening brutality before the run-off presidential elections in just over two weeks. It echoed the activities of Foday Sankoh, the rebel leader in the Sierra Leone civil war that ended in 2002, whose trade-mark was to chop off hands and feet.

Mrs Chipiro, 45, a former pre-school teacher, was the second wife of a junior official of the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) burnt alive last Friday by Zanu (PF) militiamen. Pamela Pasvani, the 21-year-old pregnant wife of a local councillor in Harare, did not suffer mutilation but died later of her burns; his six-year-old son perished in the flames.

Yesterday about 70 local MDC supporters gathered in Mr Chipiro’s small yard in Mhondoro, 90 miles south of Harare, to protect him. Inside the hut where his wife of 29 years died, women sang softly to a subdued drum beat next to the cheap wooden coffin. The thatched roof had been destroyed in the fire so they sat under the open sky. The lid could not be closed because Mrs Chipiro’s outstretched arm had burnt rigid. Her charred hand was found as women swept the hut.

Mr Chipiro, 51, a small, determined man, arrived from Harare on Friday afternoon to find his three brick huts ablaze. “I was trying to put the fire out,” he said. “I thought my wife was hiding in the bushes.”

His four-year-old nephew, Admire, heard him calling her. “He ran to me. He said, ‘Auntie has been beaten and they threw her in the fire’.”

Bright Matonga, the Deputy Information Minister and the MP for the area, lives just over a mile away. There is also a Zanu (PF) youth militia camp near by. Mr Matonga routinely blames the violence – in which nearly 70 people have died and 25,000 have been left homeless since the elections on March 29 – on Britain and the United States. He claims that they pay the MDC to put on Zanu party regalia and attack Mr Mugabe’s opponents.

When Mr Chipiro went to the police, they refused to give him an official crime incident report. They fetched the body at about 10pm, he said. A post-mortem examination was carried out at St Michael’s Catholic mission hospital. At first police gave Mr Chipiro a report that left out the causes of death. An officer intervened and produced an authentic report.

The report said that seven men assaulted Mrs Chipiro “before dragging her in one of the houses and set all three houses on fire”. It said that the body showed “signs of assault since all hands and legs were broken”. The doctor who carried out the post-mortem described the cause of death as haemorrhaging and severe burns. “These youths are taught cruelty,” Mr Chipiro said. “They get used to murdering. They enjoy murdering. They are doing it for money.”

He said that thugs returned for him two nights ago but fled when they saw his supporters. “I am very frightened,” he said. “They want to kill me. But I have no alternative. My presence here as a leader is very important. If I leave, everyone else will leave. I intend to fight the battle, from here.”

Alright, so Rhodesia Zimbabwe isn't in the Middle East, but it's close enough.  Same crap, different name.

Hopefully, one of Mugabe's guards will just put a bullet in his skull while he's on the crapper or something.  Of course, I'm guessing Mugabe is really just a figurehead for the military junta, but I could be wrong.

-b0b
(...free elections my butt.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #191 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
Rockets hit Israel

JERUSALEM - Police say three Palestinian rockets have hit southern Israel and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office says the cease-fire that took effect last week has been broken.

Islamic Jihad militants in the Gaza Strip says they carried out the attack to avenge an Israeli military raid that killed one of their fighters in the West Bank early Tuesday.

Israel's national rescue service says two people were lightly wounded in the rocket barrage.

The West Bank is not formally part of the truce. But Islamic Jihad says it "cannot keep its hands tied" when its "brothers" in the West Bank are being targeted.

However, the Gaza Strip's ruling Hamas group says it remains committed to the truce.

Israeli troops killed two Palestinians in the West Bank raid.

Wow, this agreement lasted a whole week!  That might be a new record!

They may as well just give up on the whole peace thing and wait for that "special someone" to come along and do it for them.

-b0b
(...is being moderately facetious.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #192 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Why stop fighting when others are still fighting...

Who can argue with that logic!  It is bound to end when they all die off...right?!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #193 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Not less guns, more guns! 

If we can get those bastards to be a bit more accurate, their death rate will overtake their birth rate, and the problem will solve itself!

-b0b
(...smells a Nobel Peace Prize coming his way!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #194 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Code
Select All
TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's Revolutionary Guards have begun a military exercise and issued a warning that Israel and U.S. naval forces in the Persian Gulf would be prime targets if Iran is attacked.

The Web site of the elite Iranian force posted a statement late Monday announcing the military drill, which it said involved "missile squads," but did not say where it was taking place. Iran's guards and national army hold regular exercises two or three times a year, but the statement did not say whether this drill was one of them or if it was a special exercise.

Israel's military sent warplanes over the eastern Mediterranean for a large military exercise in June that U.S. officials described as a possible rehearsal for a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, which the West fears are aimed at producing atomic weapons.

The Iranian Web Site quoted guard official Ali Shirazi as saying that Israel's coastal metropolis of Tel Aviv and U.S. warships in the Gulf would be among the first targets if Iran comes under attack.

"The Zionist regime is pushing the White House to prepare for a military strike on Iran," Shirazi was quoted as saying. "If such a stupidity is done by them, Tel Aviv and the U.S. naval fleet in the Persian Gulf will be the first targets which will be set on fire in Iran's crushing response." 

I think I just heard gas prices go up a few cents.

-b0b
(...groans.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Send TopicPrint