Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic London Police Disrupt Terror Plot (Read 9844 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

London Police Disrupt Terror Plot
Aug 10th, 2006 at 11:56am
Print Post  
This could be interesting...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207682,00.html

Quote:
London Police Disrupt Terrorist Plot to Blow Up Aircraft in Mid-Flight
Thursday, August 10, 2006

LONDON — British authorities said Thursday they disrupted a terrorist plot to simultaneously blow up several aircraft heading to the U.S. using explosives smuggled in hand luggage, averting what police described as "mass murder on an unimaginable scale."

Police arrested 21 people, saying they were confident they captured the main suspects in what U.S. officials said had the earmarks of an Al Qaeda plot.

Officials raised security to its highest level in Britain — suggesting a terrorist attack might be imminent — and banned carry-on luggage on all trans-Atlantic flights. Huge crowds formed at security barriers at London's Heathrow airport as officials searching for explosives barred nearly every form of liquid outside of baby formula.

The extreme measures at a major international aviation hub sent ripples throughout the world. Heathrow was closed to most flights from Europe, and British Airways canceled all its flights between the airport and points in Britain, Europe and Libya. Numerous flights from U.S. cities to Britain were canceled.

British Home Secretary John Reid said the 21 people were arrested in London, its suburbs and Birmingham following a lengthy investigation, including the alleged "main players" in the plot. Searches continued in a number of locations.

The British Broadcasting Corp. said police were evacuating homes in High Wycombe, a town 30 miles northwest of London, near one of the houses being searched. Police refused to confirm the report or to discuss any details of the searches.

The suspects were "homegrown," though it was not immediately clear if they were all British citizens, said a police official who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case. Police were working closely with the South Asian community, the official said.

The official said the plotters intended to simultaneously target multiple planes bound for the United States.

"We think this was an extraordinarily serious plot and we are confident that we've prevented an attempt to commit mass murder on an unimaginable scale," Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Stephenson said.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, vacationing in the Caribbean, briefed President Bush on the situation overnight.

Passengers in Britain faced delays as tighter security was hastily enforced at the country's airports and additional measures were put in place for all flights. Laptop computers, mobile phones, iPods, and remote controls were among the items banned from being carried on board.

Liquids, such as hair care products, were also barred on flights in both Britain and the U.S.

In the mid-1990s, officials foiled a plan by terrorist mastermind Ramzi Youssef to blow up 12 Western jetliners simultaneously over the Pacific. The alleged plot involved improvised bombs using liquid hidden in contact lens solution containers.

Huge lines formed at ticket counters and behind security barriers at Heathrow and other airports in Britain.

Ed Lappen, 55, a businessman from Boston, who was traveling with his wife and daughter to Russia, found himself unable to travel further. "We're safe, we're OK," he said at Heathrow. "Now my daughter is going to get a shopping trip in London."

Hannah Pillinger, 24, seemed less concerned by the announcement. "Eight hours without an iPod, that's the most inconvenient thing," she said, waiting at the Manchester airport.

Most European carriers canceled flights to Heathrow because of the massive delays created after authorities enforced strict new regulations banning most hand baggage.

Tony Douglas, Heathrow's managing director, said the airport hoped to resume normal operations Friday, but passengers would still face delays and a ban on cabin baggage "for the foreseeable future."

"At this point in time it is unclear how long these restrictions will remain in place," he said.

Heathrow's block on incoming traffic applied to flights of three hours or less, affecting most of the incoming traffic from Europe, an airport spokesman said on condition of anonymity in line with airport policy.

Officials at Frankfurt's airport, Europe's second-busiest, Schiphol in Amsterdam and Charles De Gaulle in Paris said Heathrow-bound planes could instead land at their airports if they needed to.

London's Heathrow airport was the departure point for a devastating terrorist attack on a Pan Am airplane on Dec. 21, 1988. The blast over Lockerbie, Scotland, killed all 259 people aboard Pan Am Flight 103 and 11 people on the ground.

The explosive was hidden in a portable radio secreted in checked baggage.

It'll be interesting to see where this story goes...

-b0b
(...hmms.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: London Police Disrupt Terror Plot
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Just as an added "what if" scenario, do you guys think this could have been the big surprise we were expecting from Iran on August 22nd? Of course, these are Pakistani nationals, not Iranian...

Eight were arrested, but 20 planes were involved.  Where are the rest?

-b0b
(...is baffled.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
The Department of Fatherland Homeland Security has raised the terror alert level for air transportation to red for the first time.

-b0b
(...is keeping his eyes peeled.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
This "plot" is such a farce.

Chertoff goes on TV and claims that this plot is "indicitive of Al Qaeda".  How do we know that?!  Couldn't the IRA also be responsible if this thing were true?

This is after a month of deepening covered into alternative theories of 9/11.  If you've seen V For Vendetta this faux plot reminds me of the line "We must show them why they still need us!"  They arrest these guys but I bet they're either retarded or CIA personell like it has been since day one.  Then watch as again we can't bring mouth wash, tooth paste, shaving cream on carry ons.  In fact Briney is traveling today, to Carolina, via air.  He's saying that in D-Town there is increased security and "random checks" and by random checks, he said, "dark skinned" people.  This is the beauty of the American "security" system.  The controlling white populace doesn't want to complain because it doesn't affect them.  They might get bored but they don't have to go into body scanners that can see a person naked (which Briney says were at D-town airport).  This is the subduing of America at its worst.

I know some of you don't like Alex Jones but I'm still going to post this story up.

Quote:
Terror Plot Mirrors Bojinka: Run By US Government Agent

Prison Planet | August 10 2006

Associated Press reports that the dastardly new terror plot is a re-hash of Operation Bojinka - a 1995 plot to blow up 10 Western airliners simultaneously. What they don't report is that its ringleader - Ramzi Youssef - was protected by the US government in 1992.

In September of 1992 Youssef entered the US with Ahmad Ajaj. Ajaj's luggage contained documents on how to make bombs and was stuffed with fake passports and ID's.

Ajaj was arrested - amazingly Youssef was released.

Youssef later masterminded the WTC '93 bombing after FBI agents provided the terrorists with real explosives under cover of a supposed sting operation.

Ramzi Youssef is a US government agent and his Bojinka plot - supposedly foiled by his intelligence agency bosses - is now being used as the latest monster under the bed to scare US and UK citizens into surrendering what's left of their rights.

Isn't it amazing that US government officials claimed ignorance of any Bojinka style plans before 9/11 and yet now they re-hash one for a faux terror alert.

Government enforcers and frightened slaves are all hot and bothered about the latest supposed terror plot targeting UK flights inbound to the US.

Ridiculous restrictions have been slapped on travelers, with mother's having to taste baby milk before they board planes and all hand luggage, including liquid drinks, being banned.

The new alert arrives with the 9/11 truth movement on the cusp of a wave of media exposure.

Evidence of government sponsored terror and how they use the fear of terror to control society is bursting out at the seams as editorials nationwide in the US are uniform in attempting to debunk research that questions the official version of 9/11.

Statistical analysis has proven that every time Blair and Bush sag in approval ratings, a fresh terror alert gives them a bounce back up the charts.

Every single major terror alert issued by either the US, Canadian or UK governments has proven to be either a manufactured facade, an entrapment sting or an outright hoax.

Recently, a supposed plan to hijack planes and fly them into London landmarks was exposed as a concoction of UK government lobbyists and news chiefs.

The July 2005 London bombings were a British intelligence operation. The alleged ringleader, Mohammed Siddique Khan, was working for MI5.

X
(will be traveling today by highway)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2006 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Eric and I flew to NC yesterday, and it was pretty messy. No liquids on the plane or could be brought in the terminal. Secuirity checks werent bad, but it was funny who they were "randomly" selecting to go  in the xray machine dealie. We are both coming back monday, the restrictions will prolly be up still.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2006 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
What took you to North Carolina?  Are you guys rockin' it out in the most boring state in the union?

-b0b
(...is kidding, and would love to go to NC some day.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2006 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
could someone direct me to that long article Briney made about 9-11?  I want to reread it.

Nick
(tank you!)

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #7 - Aug 11th, 2006 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
I have one that's 10X better than Brineys.  No offense, but it took me a month to write it up and involves more than just the physics of 9/11.  You can get a copy at my blog ( http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.listAll&friendID=83781233&star... ) or give me your email address and I'll send it to you.  If you read it off my blog I'd suggest you copy and paste it into word, also you will have to go to the very first post and read up.

X

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2006 at 1:53am
Print Post  
A recent article at CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/08/06/sept11.theories.ap/index.html

*A side note from Pat's article*
The Pentagon was surely not hit by an airplane.  Its crazy with all the media today that those images Pat has are the only ones available of the Pentagon.

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2006 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Next time we have a LAN party you should get all the info I have on 9/11 and conspiracies..."and I'll show you how far down the rabbit hole goes".

X
(has more info than your average sheeple!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2006 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hey comon now Patrick my writeup was good, not everyone needs an essay to read.  Wink

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2006 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Hey now I wasn't dissin your write up, I said it was good.  I was just offering another media that was more in depth.  You don't need to be jealous that I pwned you!!  Boohayyy in yo face luz0r!!!

X

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint