Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Firefox 2.0 Alt+S Fix (Read 2302 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Firefox 2.0 Alt+S Fix
Nov 16th, 2006 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I don't know about you guys, but I always use Alt+S to submit forum posts.  Firefox 2.0 rerouted Alt+S to the open the History menu, but you can fix it with this simple method...

Quote:
First, open a new tab and type in the address bar: about:config
Second, scroll almost all the way down to the bottom and find: ui.key.chromeAccess. Double click on it, and change the number that pops up from 4 to 5.
Third, the option right below is ui.key.contentAccess. Double-click it, and change the option from 5 to 4.
Finally restart Firefox, and your alt-s posting goodness will have returned! Yay!

The fix came compliments of this forum thread:  http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/337588.html

So far, Firefox 2.0 is pretty sweet.  The tabs now have their own "X" close buttons, which people have been asking for ever since Firefox 1.0.  It also includes a spell check feature which is similar to the Microsoft Office offering.

I'm still having a weird problem with pages printing oddly.  Anything I print from Firefox, regardless of printer, prints in small scale and only used 25-40% of the page.  This developed suddenly with Firefox 1.5.0.8, which prompted my upgrade to 2.0, but still no joy.

-b0b
(...just thought he'd throw this out there.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint