Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wacky Tabacy (Read 3273 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Wacky Tabacy
Nov 28th, 2006 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
A petition is going around that needs 300,000 signatures to get on the next ballet.  It would legalize the growth and use of marijuana in private residence for people 18 and over.  It would be a $50 civil infraction fine for use and consumption outside of private residence.

Now I'm not one who wants to use or has ever used any type of drug.  However I do believe that the decriminalization of marijuana would greatly benefit the prison system as well as our legal system.  Would anyone disagree with me?  I think this would be a good topic to debate, seeing as we haven't had one in a while.  However we would need a con to my pro.  Any takers?

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: Wacky Tabacy
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I'm a pro, sorry. Definitely should legalize this drug. Too much law enforcement is wasted on this one. Who cares what people do with it, if they want to sit around and smoke pot all day, meh.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I generally lean in the pro-legalization direction.  This would shut down the vast majority of foreign narcotics trafficking and would save millions of dollars annually wasted on law enforcement, advertising, and bureaucratic garbage.

Of course, this is a lose-lose argument no matter which side of the fence you sit on.  People are stupid, and legislation (or the lack thereof) isn't going to fix that.

-b0b
(...shrugs.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 12:02am
Print Post  
I've always been pro legalization.

Marijuana isn't THAT bad of a thing.  We let people drink alcohol, and smoke cigarettes.  Both of these substances are far more dangerous and harmful than Marijuana has ever been.

When's the last time you heard someone commiting a crime in a frenzy of weed smoking? lol....Never.  But you hear about people doing dumb shit while drunk all the time.

Stop wasting my tax money trying to enforce ridiculous rules about what people can and cannot do with their bodies.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint