Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Random Stupidity (Read 410776 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #2310 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Glad to hear it.  I'm being lazy and waiting a couple more months to configure Dupliciti + Azure.

Sorry to hear about your transfer woes.  I still think the 5TB limitation is BS, and it sounds like the migration utility is pretty janky.

-b0b
(...bah!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #2311 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:41am
Print Post  
I got antsy and started converting to Duplicati + Azure.  Duplicati has proven to be incredibly easy to set up and has a lot of configurable options under the hood.  It uses 256-bit AES encryption and I've configured strong, unique keys for each system I back up, along with strong keys on the cloud storage itself.  Duplicati also has integrated deduplication (meaning multiple copies of the same file only get backed up once) and compression, similar to CrashPlan, thus minimizing consumption of bandwidth and storage space.

Azure seems decent enough.  The UI is a bit clunky, but once you get everything set up it just works.  I'll provide an update on actual costs once I get everything seeded.  For the file server, sadly, I think I'm going to skip backups on the video content (the Anime, TV Shows, Movies, and Videos folders).  That stuff won't deduplicate or compress to any meaningful degree, and it will be damned expensive to back up to the cloud.

-b0b
(...schwing!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 
Send TopicPrint