Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 155 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Random Stupidity (Read 402710 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #60 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 9:53am
Print Post  
These doughnuts taste like poo...

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/irresistible/5189706/detail.html

-b0b
(...sighs.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #61 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Some law makers are even asking the oil companies to low prices since they've made so much money.

"Calls for New Refineries

On Tuesday House Speaker Dennis Hastert urged U.S. oil companies to invest in building more refineries and better communicate their efforts at bringing down oil and natural gas costs. It has been 30 years, he noted, since a new refinery has been built in the United States, and extra refining capacity could prevent the shortages and price spikes that follow natural disasters.

But Parry said that, although new refineries have not opened, many companies have made improvements and expansions to their existing infrastructure and refining capacity.

"Total refining capacity has been increased by 10 percent in the past decade — that's the equivalent of adding seven to eight new refineries," he said.

At least one lawmaker is even demanding reimbursement for consumers. Earlier this fall, Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., proposed a temporary windfall tax on big oil companies — a 50-percent excise tax on oil company profits when the price of domestic oil is above $40 per barrel. The annual revenues collected from the tax would be returned to individual taxpayers as rebates."

Sounds a little fishy to me about there hasn't been a new refinery built in 30 years.  It's like keeping the supply at the bare minimum so you have a high demand.

Also this story has some of it too http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051027/D8DGL2502.html

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #62 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Inflation of demand via artificial interruption of supply.  Ingenius.

-b0b
(...thinks the 50% "excise tax" will never happen.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #63 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 1:02pm
Print Post  

Bushisms

#10: "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me." -Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

#9: "Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." -Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

#8: "Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat." -Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

#7: "I want to thank the astronauts who are with us, the courageous spacial entrepreneurs who set such a wonderful example for the young of our country." -Washington, D.C. Jan. 14, 2004

#6: "We will make sure our troops have all that is necessary to complete their missions. That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental - supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel." -Erie, Pa., Sept. 4, 2004

#5: "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week - we will have an all-volunteer army!" -Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004

#4: "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a - you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

#3: "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." -second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

#2: "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." -Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

#1: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I remember some of these lol. My favorite is the sovereign entity response. I have that on video hehe.

~BRiney

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #64 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
I thought the ObGyn comment was the best.  Here's some random violence from "back in the day."  I remember when this stuff was popular back in our early high school years.

http://www.sfdt.com/flash/movie-pages/movies/15005.html

-b0b
(...is disappointed that doctors aren't able to practice their love.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #65 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 3:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #66 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 4:46pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #67 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
UBAH expansion, im excited!

~BRiney

(...fires up the wow account...well, soon)

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #68 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 10:12am
Print Post  
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/10/28/science.debate.reut/index.html

Talk about bias and stupidity all at once.  I guess that if you have an opposing idea to the main theory at the time you HATE science!  That's like say... I HATE AMERICA! when I say..."But isn't the Patriot Act designed to be used on mostly domestic Americans?

I'm sure we all remember when Galileo ticked off the Catholic church and they threw him in house arrest for HATING God AND science.  Well here god = time and science = whatever we want it to mean as long as we don't use commen sense enough to end the debate by allowing some theories to use God as an explination.  Even if mainstream science allowed this...you can have 70 different scientists use 70 different theories to explain one thing naturally...what's another one attempting to use God?  Is it because people are sooo scared that there might be physical/scientific proof of a Creator that they will fight to the death to stop "Fundamentalist Christian science haters" from coming in their circle?  Sounds narrow minded to be...shouldn't they be open to any "truth" *tounge in cheek*

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #69 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A boy was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess".

He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."

The boy took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me an turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want."

Again, the boy took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything that you want.  Why won't you kiss me?"

The boy said, "Look, I'm a network engineer.  I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."

-b0b
(...thought it was funny.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #70 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
I've seen that joke like 12 times with 12 different jobs put in....

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #71 - Oct 30th, 2005 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
http://www.brewsterjennings.com/

A fun google map game, reminiscient of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.
I'm currently ranked 8 on the high score list... ubah!

~BRiney

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #72 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 8:22am
Print Post  
For all those Floridians...

Quote:
Will full juice be back for all by . . . Easter?
DAVE BARRY

Q. When am I going to get my electricity back?

A. The latest statement from Florida Power & Light is that ``we expect to have all power in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties fully restored by, at the very latest, Easter.''

Q. Why is it taking so long to restore power?

A. Wilma's unexpectedly strong winds caused major damage to three of FP&L's five longest extension cords.

Q. Is my water safe to drink?

A. Your water is perfectly safe, although the South Florida Water Authority does recommend that before drinking any water or touching it with your bare hands, you should boil it ``until the worms stop moving.''

Q. How are the levees holding up?

A. We spoke to a spokesperson for the South Florida Levee Authority (SFLA), who assured us that South Florida does not have any levees, but if we did, they would definitely be in bad shape.

Q. I keep hearing that, since the traffic lights are out, I should treat a stoplight intersection as if it were a ''four-way stop.'' What does this mean?

A. It means that, when you reach the intersection, you should do what you normally do at a stop sign here in South Florida.

Q. You mean, ignore it?

A. That is the South Florida way.

Q. Where can I buy gasoline?

A. Vermont.

Q. How will the hurricanes affect the schools?

A. The school year started earlier than ever this year, smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. Incredibly, the school schedule has been severely disrupted by -- you are going to be very surprised -- hurricanes! Who could have predicted such a thing? In any event, our kids have missed a LOT of school. Many 10th-graders no longer remember the alphabet. This could really hurt our standardized-test scores. So the Broward and Miami-Dade school boards have decided to lengthen the school year by adding a new month, to be inserted between November and December. It will be called ``FCATember.''

Q. You're kidding, right?

A. I don't know any more.

Q. Why are we getting so many hurricanes lately?

A. Climate experts, after studying changes in ocean-water temperatures over the past 50 years, now believe that the recent increase in hurricane activity is being caused by a cracked mirror in the kitchen of my mother-in-law, Celia Kaufman. It cracked a few weeks ago, and since then not only have we been nailed by roughly a dozen hurricanes, but also Celia had a car accident, my brother in-law Steve hurt his back, the Dolphins offensive line has been penalized for 4,752 false starts, and President Bush, apparently without even realizing it, nominated a former Texas State Lotto executive to the U.S. Supreme Court. ''This can't all be coincidence,'' state the climate experts. ``Somebody needs to FIX THAT WOMAN'S MIRROR.''

Q. So is the mirror being fixed?

A. FEMA is working on it.

Q. So we are doomed.

A. Correct.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #73 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A sea mammal research group captured a rather odd porpoise on one of its expeditions. Its peculiarity was that it had feet. After they had photographed and measured the poor thing, they prepared to set it free.

"Wait a minute," said one of the researchers, "Wouldn't it be a kindness if our ship's doctor were to amputate the feet so that it would be like other porpoises?"

"Not on your life," exclaimed the doctor, "That would be defeeting the porpoise."

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #74 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Here's one for Wes and Briney...and the rest of you

http://mercola.com/blog/2005/oct/28/finally_medical_journal_admits_the_truth

Seems like we can get some truh after all.

X

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 155
Send TopicPrint