b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

New Toy!
Dec 19th, 2006 at 9:43am
Print Post  
My beloved Meredith bought me a new toy for my birthday - an AK-47!  Nothing says lovin' like a communist assault rifle!

Here's my new baby!  I can't wait to put a few rounds down range with it!

I bought a bayonet for it last night while doing some Christmas shopping.

Here's another view sitting in the case Mere bought for me.

This is the complete set with all of the bayonet and some of the accessories that came with the gun.

Extra toys, including a spare magazine, a leather sling (that will be replaced) and a grease bottle.

The new bayonet I picked up last night.

Ooh, pokey!

The gun came with a "free" bayonet, but it doesn't actually fit the AK it came with.  It belongs on a CETME, but Century Arms apparently just throws them in with all their guns as a gimmick.  You wouldn't believe how badly this thing has been beaten!

I'll post a few more pictures later this week when I can get Meredith to pose with it!

-b0b
(...wants to shoot it soooo badly!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: New Toy!
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
!

Thats the coolest gift EVARRR!

Amazing gun, if your headed to the range in the next few days and you wouldnt mind someone taggint along let me know.

Whew, thats just hot.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Ya but nothing says love on the holidays like a 30 Cal Sniper Rifle!  Ya know...if you have 30K to spend.  Would love just to look down that massive scope once. Shivers...

X
(very nice though)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Wow, that is sweet.  Do you know about how much ammo for it runs?  I was thinking a while back that if I wanted any gun, I would probably go with a modern .223 assault rifle(expensive), WWII thompson SMG, or an AK-47.  Any idea about what the average AK-47 alone costs?

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 12:36am
Print Post  
You can get a decent AK clone for $349, or closer to $449 for a really nice import. 

I bought ammo for my SKS (7.62x39mm, same as the AK-47) last year in a 500-round case for ~$60 from a gun store.  That's a little of a dime per round, which is rather cheap, especially considering it came from a gun store that is notoriously high-priced on ammo.

Briney, I haven't made any plans to go the range yet (which really sucks because I want to shoot this thing!) but I'll try to find some time in my schedule within the next week or so.

-b0b
(...w00t!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint