Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Forum Network Upgrades - (Now With Pictures!) (Read 91641 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Forum Network Upgrades
Reply #60 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
I got the PDU installed on Wednesday evening.  Unfortunately, I can't configure it until I get a "smart" serial cable from APC.  Hopefully, that'll show up sometime early next week!

I've got to make a ton of new network cables, but that's a lot of work and I'm kinda lazy.  I'll take lots of pictures as soon as I get started on that part of the project!

-b0b
(...loves it!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Forum Network Upgrades - (Now With Pictures!)
Reply #61 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
After a week and a half of work, I'm finally (mostly) finished installing the new rack and networking equipment!  I'm not completely done, but the majority of the project has been completed!

Drum roll please!

Here it is!  Isn't she beautiful?

Here's a closeup image.  It should match the Visio schematic perfectly!  I'll overlay this image with some labels later this week.

Here's the spot where all of my network equipment used to lay.  It's looking a bit desolate these days.  The only thing left down here are my two Cisco wireless access points, and I'll be moving them shortly.

This is what the rack looked like right after I moved everything in.  I temporarily reused all of the old cables just to get everything up and running.  This just goes to show how important cable management is!

I finished up the last of the cabling tonight.  My fingers are numb from cutting and crimping all of the network cables by hand, but I think it looks pretty good.

I'm still waiting for the APC PDU management cable to come so I haven't finished setting that up yet, but it seems to run fine at the moment.  I also need to buy some RG6 (TV cable) so I can move the cable modem into the rack.  Once that's done, I should be pretty much set!

-b0b
(...couldn't wait to show off his new toy!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #62 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Wow thats professional looking!  Very cool, Bob! I didn't think the rack would have a glass door like that

Got a pic of all your cables all tied up? I know you prolly went crazy there!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #63 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
I've got a milk crate overflowing with cables, plus an extra ~900' of uncut cable to make more.  I don't know what I'm going to do with them all!

-b0b
(...could probably wire the entirety of New Jersey.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint