Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Presidential Candidates (Read 102200 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Presidential Candidates
Reply #120 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I've got to say, I think McCain definitely picked the better Vice Presidential candidate.  Obama chose a worn-out political hack that nobody really cares about, and McCain chose a conservative, pro-gun, pro-life, pro-drilling hotty.  He may have renewed my faith in his campaign ever-so-slightly.

Honestly, this is a frickin' brilliant political move.  The acceptance speech she gave was absolutely incredible.  Go listen to it on YouTube if you've got the time!

-b0b
(...niiiice.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #121 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

I read the wiki on her and she covers a lot of ground in terms of experiencing the life of most average families and the lives of very unique situations.  She has a down syndrome son, a son getting ready to deploy to Iraq.  Mother of 5, her husband is a commercial fisherman and snomobile enthusiast.

I think this running mate was a great choice.

AIM  
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #122 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Here ya go bob.  Sarah Palin with black rifle...

pp185x_390911a.jpg (Attachment deleted)
AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #123 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush
· Biden says criminal violations will be pursued
· Democrats have issued subpoenas to Bush aides
· 3 staffers have been held in contempt of Congress

* Elana Schor in Washington
    * guardian.co.uk,
    * Wednesday September 03 2008 19:32 BST
    * Article history

Democratic vice-presidential nominee Joe Biden said yesterday that he and running mate Barack Obama could pursue criminal charges against the Bush administration if they are elected in November.

Biden's comments, first reported by ABC news, attracted little notice on a day dominated by the drama surrounding his Republican counterpart, Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

But his statements represent the Democrats' strongest vow so far this year to investigate alleged misdeeds committed during the Bush years.

"If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued," Biden said during a campaign event in Deerfield Beach, Florida, according to ABC.

"[N]ot out of vengeance, not out of retribution," he added, "out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president -- no one is above the law."

Obama sounded a similar note in April, vowing that if elected, he would ask his attorney general to initiate a prompt review of Bush-era actions to distinguish between possible "genuine crimes" and "really bad policies".

"[I]f crimes have been committed, they should be investigated," Obama told the Philadelphia Daily News. "You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve."

Congressional Democrats have issued a flurry of subpoenas this year to senior Bush administration aides as part of a broad inquiry into the authorisation of torturous interrogation tactics used at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

Three veterans of the Bush White House have been held in criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to respond to subpoenas: former counsel Harriet Miers, former political adviser Karl Rove, and current chief of staff Josh Bolten. The contempt battle is currently before a federal court.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Do them Dems really think that promising the same thing they did in '04 will get them elected in '08.  Pelosi has failed at this same mantra.  She was going to go after Bush but she said that impeachment was off the table.  She said the Dems would get us out of Iraq, she voted to refinance the troops.  She claimed to have a simple and effective plan to lower gas prices, all she does is blame Bush.

Now I'm the first to admit Bush has taken a lot more power than he should have; but even he has his limitations.  P'Diddy wants the President to lower gas prices too, so does everyone else.  Let's see, drill in Alaska - nope you might hurt the thriving caribou who don't even live in the area were they plan on drilling.  Drill in the ocean - nope you might have an accident even though the Chinese hold land offshore the Florida Keys.  Build more nuclear power plants so we don't have to use oil to power our other sources of power - nope nuclear power plants explode all the time, even though they are really the most safe and almost over regulated businesses around.

Dems, you so crazy.  Think of something different to lie to us about.  Or at least wait longer to reuse an old lie.

X
(Trixs are for kids)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #124 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Doesn't Obama (et al) realize this is not going to help his campaign?  Seriously, the only people that would applaud Biden's announcement are radical lefties, and they are already voting for him anyway.  WTF is Biden thinking?

-b0b
(...that assumes, of course, that he is capable of thinking.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #125 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Now that Ron Paul is no longer a "threat" to people FOX News has him on...and he is amazing.  This is one of the best interviews I've seen him in in a while because they let him talk instead of attacking him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFeWXSx3W8

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #126 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
That really was a fantastic interview.  Unfortunately, Ron Paul really did get his butt handed to him this year, and I think any hope of him ever being President is a lost cause.  That's an unfortunate reality.

Hopefully, we'll get a real candidate to run in 2012 and have a chance to get a true conservative in office.

-b0b
(...can only hope.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #127 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 8:24pm
Print Post  

Bahaha, great pic from Drudge Report!

-b0b
(...if you look closely enough, you can see the BS dribbling from his mouth!)

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #128 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
wtf Nader is running again?

I really don't like any of the candidates (and I've skimmed all their pages, etc).

Cait
(...disappears occassionally.)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #129 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Cait, you should drive up here in a couple weeks and LAN it up with us.  If your friend Nassau is still at Kalamazoo College, you could visit her, too.

-b0b
(...will be at K College with Mere next weekend.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #130 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I know this will make Stewie's day...

Quote:
Black belt patriot Norris tells We the People Fest to improve U.S.
Posted by Laura Johnson/Plain Dealer Reporter September 29, 2008 08:39AM

KENT -- If Chuck Norris were granted one wish, he would walk through Congress with Ron Paul and watch as Paul, the Republican representative from Texas, pointed out corrupt politicians.

One by one, Norris would grab each crooked congressman and choke him unconscious.

"I keep sticking them in a pile, piling them up," said the martial arts star, who, at 68, looks as young and buff as in his "Walker, Texas Ranger" glory days. "The ones that are honest, they stay."

This is black belt patriotism, the kind of roundhouse-kick, to-the-point political philosophy Norris explains in his new book of the same title.

He's a big fan of Paul, and also former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee. He endorses Sen. John McCain for president, since he figures McCain will bring Paul into the administration.

But Norris wasn't at Kent State University Sunday to stump for the Republican ticket -- or even to recite his favorites from the pantheon of Internet-phenomenon "Chuck Norris Facts." (Though he is partial to the one that goes, "They wanted to put Chuck Norris on Mount Rushmore, but the granite wasn't tough enough for his beard.") Rather, as part of We the People Fest, Norris preached integrity and honesty, urged college students to persevere past obstacles and pressed them to improve the United States.

The three-day, first-ever festival, which included voter registration, political speakers, panel discussions, film screenings, a concert and a debate-watching party, aimed to underscore the importance of voting and to foster discussion, said co-organizer Christina Grozik, a KSU grad who heads the Ohio Film Office.

While pitching her own movie, "And the Winner Is ..." in Los Angeles last summer, everyone kept asking Grozik, "What's going on in Ohio? How's it going to play out in this election?" So she decided to plan a nonpartisan, multimedia, election-themed festival here.

U.S. Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and Cleveland Councilwoman Fannie Lewis, both of whom died recently, supported the event, Grozik said. It drew thousands, from undecided college kids to conservative retired couples.

Matt Riddle, 44, of Tallmadge, came wearing a Chuck Norris T-shirt that said, "Chuck Norris doesn't need a weapon. He is one."

"I really like the idea of choking out all the corrupt politicians," said Riddle, a musician who studies tai kwon do. "If he were to run for president himself and use that as his platform, I think he'd win. No matter what your politics, we're all against corruption."

Next in line to buy Norris' book, KSU student Lee Helton, 18, agreed. But instead of choking out the corruption -- "a roundhouse kick would be better."

-b0b
(...thinks Chuck should run for President.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #131 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
HOLY CRAP THE MAN IS 65?!?!?!

I wonder if I take up martial arts and grow a beard I can turn back time like Superman did.

X

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint