Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Presidential Candidates (Read 102572 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Presidential Candidates
Reply #90 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
At his news conference, he voiced support for the District of Columbia's ban on handguns

Yes...because almost all social scientists who study the DC gun ban shows that it has been a complete failure.  I really don't understand the thinking.  Ban guns.  Law a bidding people follow the rules...criminals don't.  Normal people are without guns...criminals don't care about the laws and get them anyways.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #91 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hillary Clinton shot a duck once

In an amazing coincidence just days before another crucial Democratic primary, Sen. Hillary Clinton, campaigning in Wisconsin -- where thousands build their annual vacations around deer-hunting season -- has let it slip that she went hunting once.

"I know you don't believe it," she told an enthusiastic audience at Kenosha's Brat Stop over the weekend, "but it's actually true. My father taught me to shoot 100 years ago."

According to The Times' Nicholas Riccardi, who was there, she then launched into an explanation of how school shootings can be stopped without infringing on gun owners' rights. She declined to elaborate on her hunting career later except to say that she had nailed a duck.

But then today, on the eve of voting in the Badger State, the New York senator recalled more details about going hunting once in Arkansas with male colleagues and standing in chilly water early one morning.

"They said, 'We won't shoot. You shoot,' " Clinton told reporters. "They wanted to embarrass me. So, OK, the pressure was on. So I shot, and I shot a banded duck. And I was as surprised as they were."

Not to mention how the unarmed duck felt.

Rumor has it she's a pretty good shot in the Washington parks, too.

Article here.

Duck hunter?  Who gives a damn?  Is she in favor of patriots arming themselves with "assault weapons" to oppose tyranny were it ever to be inflicted upon them?  That's what the second amendment is all about.

-b0b
(...hopes she decides to hunt her tonsils with a shotgun.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #92 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
Police concerned about order to stop screening
By JACK DOUGLAS Jr.

DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.

The order to put down the metal detectors and stop checking purses and laptop bags came as a surprise to several Dallas police officers who said they believed it was a lapse in security.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.

"Sure," said Lawrence, when asked if he was concerned by the great number of people who had gotten into the building without being checked. But, he added, the turnout of more than 17,000 people seemed to be a "friendly crowd."

The Secret Service did not return a call from the Star-Telegram seeking comment.

Doors opened to the public at 10 a.m., and for the first hour security officers scanned each person who came in and checked their belongings in a process that kept movement of the long lines at a crawl. Then, about 11 a.m., an order came down to allow the people in without being checked.

Several Dallas police officers said it worried them that the arena was packed with people who got in without even a cursory inspection.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because, they said, the order was made by federal officials who were in charge of security at the event.

"How can you not be concerned in this day and age," said one policeman.

Conspiracy theory?  I've got your conspiracy theory right here!

If a gunman attempted to shoot a presidential candidate, we would all be screwed.  My bet is on a "disgruntled white male" just so they can play the race card.

I find it ironic that it was in Dallas, Texas.  Nothing bad ever happens to presidential types there, right?

-b0b
(...oh, wait!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #93 - Mar 2nd, 2008 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Cause you want to be scared:

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #94 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Thanks, Stewie.  That's exactly what I needed to see at 8:00am on Monday morning.

-b0b
(...not.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #95 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 3:21pm
Print Post  

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080306/ap_on_el_pr/primary_scramble

WASHINGTON - Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean urged Florida and Michigan party officials to come up with plans to repeat their presidential nominating contests so that their delegates can be counted.
ADVERTISEMENT

"All they have to do is come before us with rules that fit into what they agreed to a year and a half ago, and then they'll be seated," Dean said during a round of interviews Thursday on network and cable TV news programs.

The two state parties will have to find the funds to pay for new contests without help from the national party, Dean said.

"We can't afford to do that. That's not our problem. We need our money to win the presidential race," he said.

Officials in Michigan and Florida are showing renewed interest in holding repeat presidential nominating contests so that their votes will count in the epic Democratic campaign.

The Michigan governor, top officials in Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign, and Florida's state party chair all are now saying they would consider holding a sort of do-over contest by June. That's a change from the previous insistence from officials in both states that the primaries they held in January should determine how their delegates are allocated.

Clinton won both contests, but the results were meaningless because the elections violated national party rules.

The Democratic National Committee stripped both states of all delegates for holding the primaries too early, and all Democratic candidates — including Clinton and rival Barack Obama — agreed not to campaign in either state. Obama's name wasn't even on the Michigan ballot.

Florida and Michigan moved up their dates to protest the party's decision to allow Iowa and New Hampshire to go first, followed by South Carolina and Nevada, giving them a disproportionate influence on the presidential selection process.

But no one predicted the race would still be very close at this point in the year.

"The rules were set a year and a half ago," Dean said. "Florida and Michigan voted for them, then decided that they didn't need to abide by the rules. Well, when you are in a contest you do need to abide by the rules. Everybody has to play by the rules out of respect for both campaigns and the other 48 states."

All of this Democrat in-fighting makes me happy in my pants.  I hope Hillary and Obama really get into a knock-down, drag-out bout.  We haven't had this much entertainment from the DNC since 1960!

-b0b
(...should invest in popcorn.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #96 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Okay, he's not a presidential candidate, but there is a good likelihood he would've been in 2012.

Quote:
Spitzer resigns
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
March 12, 2008 - 10:43AM

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Governor Eliot Spitzer has resigned. The first-term Democrat says he will leave office on Monday, clearing the way for Lieutenant Governor David Paterson to take over.

Spitzer said he's "deeply sorry" that he didn't live up to what was expected of him and that he "sincerely" apologizes to every New Yorker.

He told reporters, "I cannot allow my private failings to disrupt the people's work."

The governor spoke for about a minute, his wife Silda at his side, during the Manhattan news conference.

The scandal that led to Spitzer's downfall erupted Monday amid allegations that he was involved in a prostitution ring. Sources close to the investigation say Spitzer spent tens of thousands of dollars with the call-girl service.

Political rivals have been demanding he resign or face impeachment.

Patterson is set to become the first African American governor of New York. Unlike Spitzer, known for his abrasive style, Patterson has been praised as a conciliator by politicians from both political parties.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not this has any implications on the Democrats in the 2008 elections.  Most likely, it'll be shoved under the rug rather quickly.

-b0b
(...suck it, Spitzer!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #97 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VKLH0O0&show_article=1

Clinton Says She Erred on Bosnia Story

GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton says she made a mistake in claiming that she came under hostile fire when landing in Bosnia as first lady 12 years ago.

In several recent interviews, the New York senator had described a harrowing scene in Bosnia in which she and her daughter, Chelsea, had to run for cover as soon as they landed for a visit in 1996. But video footage of the day showed a peaceful reception in which Clinton greeted a young child on the tarmac.

Clinton told reporters in Pennsylvania on Tuesday: "So I made a mistake. That happens. It shows I'm human, which for some people is a revelation."

Yeah, I know how that is.   On my way to work this morning, I came under heavy mortar attack.

No, wait, I was just daydreaming.  I'm only human, you know.

Quote:
"It shows I'm human, which for some people is a revelation."

How many things is she going to go on the record and lie about?   Grin

-b0b
(...rolls his eyes.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #98 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Here's an update on the story in the last post, kindly added by an AR15.com member:

Quote:
I dunno she might be telling the truth.  Look at these pictures I doctored analyzed.

Picture one,  A picture of a "human" that happens to be Hillary boarding Air Force One.

Quote:
Hmm,  there seems to be something out of place in that tree line....Lets blow it up larger to see what it is.  Hmmm,  Nothing..Just a bush holding a rifle...Wait a minute!!

Quote:
OMFG! A SNIPER!

I couldn't resist.  This was just too funny not to post!

-b0b
(...if nothing else, McCain can yell "Watch out, Bosnian SNIPER" at the debates.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #99 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 11:58am
Print Post  
There's a story out, and I'm too lazy to find it, where the offspring of the Clinton's was at a college and asked about the sniper incident.  Chelsea stood up for her mother's version of what happened and said that since her mother was on record with it, basically, she was going to stand by what her mother said.

This shows you the depravity of the Clintons.   If Hillary said the Earth was a triangle, the sky was orange, and birds flew backwards underwater...her family would support the lie.

I think this family belongs on Springer or Dr. Phil than in the White House again.

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #100 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 1:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #101 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
MSNBC
Saturday, April 05, 2008 3:46 PM
From NBC/NJ's Carrie Dann and Adam Aigner-Treworgy

NBC and National Journal have learned that former presidential candidate Fred Thompson is visiting GOP nominee John McCain at McCain's Arizona cabin in Sedona this weekend.

No word of what's been discussed, although a source with knowledge of the visit says that the purpose may be more of a relaxing weekend getaway than a business meeting. (The two men have been longtime personal friends, even during their overlapping presidential bids.)

Thompson endorsed McCain after ending his own run for the GOP nomination.

I smell a conspiracy brewing!

-b0b
(...FDT '08?)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #102 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Damn bob.  Two men can't go off to some cabin in arizona holding hands and singing coom-by-ya (how the hell do you spell that?  wait, not a real word, doesn't matter...I win before bob even posts, woot!) without you thinking they are in some gay conspiracy!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #103 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
It's spelled Kumbaya, although Kum Ba Yah is also acceptable.

Sadly enough, it's a Gullah abomination of "Come By Here."

-b0b
(...even spelling it right is wrong.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #104 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Hmm, learn something new everyda...aww wait, lost it.

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint