Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Uber-Burger! (Read 4482 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Uber-Burger!
Jun 24th, 2008 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I've been busting my butt renovating the downstairs bathroom for the past two weeks.  Here's today's project...

I'm working on sanding down the wood floor in the bathroom.  This thing was covered by a completely ruined carpet, so Mere pulled up the carpet last week and I've been working on the wood floor beneath it ever since.

Anyway, back to the burger.  I was busy at work and skipped lunch, and I started sanding down this floor as soon as I got home, so I've got an incredible appetite.  I've heard stories about some eastern regional phenomenon known as the "Juicy Lucy."  It's essentially a large burger injected with molten cheese.  It sounded like one of life's guilty pleasures, so I committed myself to giving it a try!

For what its worth, I think the cheese is supposed to be cheddar, but I'm going to use Colby Jack instead.

Every good burger needs bacon.  I threw some bacon on the stove while the charcoal burned down in the grill outside.

I forgot to take pics of the burger preparation or the grilling, so you'll have to accept that on faith.  I used 96/4 ground sirloin straight from the butcher, and mixed in liberal amounts of chili powder and garlic powder before forming the patties.  I threw some Mesquite wood on the charcoal just before I put the burgers on, so I got some of the smoky wood flavor into the meat!

I like plenty of mustard and ketchup on my burgers.  I don't have any mayo at our new house yet, or I'd have some of that on there too.

A good burger needs Vlassic pickles.  It's just not an uber-burger without pickles on top!

Finally, top off the towering stack 'o heartache with as much bacon as you can cram on there.  Throw on a Kaiser hat and call it done!

Just because I can, here's the uber-burger flanked by my XD-40 Service and Kahr P9.  Mmm, Yoohoo!

-b0b
(...dinner time!)

IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Re: Uber-Burger!
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 2:30am
Print Post  
That looks amazing. The Yahoo is a nice touch. =)

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Breaking News! - Bob had 4 concurrent heart attacks last night.  While the paramedics tried to get him into the ambulance to go to the hospital he screamed "Not without my bacon!" and ran for the kitchen.

He is quoted as saying, "It was still worth it."

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:24am
Print Post  
spanky wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:12am: