Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic In Memory of Mom (Read 7730 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

In Memory of Mom
Sep 28th, 2008 at 4:05pm
Print Post  

Because I feel that, in the Heavens above,
The angels, whispering to one another,
Can find, among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother."

I want to thank each of you for your prayers over the past week.  It is with great regret and a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of my mother, Hazel Rogers.

Those of you that had an opportunity to meet her know what an amazing woman she was.  She persevered through the best of times and the worst of times, and she never let this world pin her down.  I take great solace in the fact that my mother knew her Creator, and that I'll see again one day.

I encourage each and every one of you to take a moment tonight to call your parents and tell them how much you love them.  You won't regret it.

-James

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: In Memory of Mom
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Jim,

My heart cries with yours over your loss.  You and your family will continue to be in my prayers and if there is anything you need don't be afraid to call on any one of us.  I only met your mother a few times and whenever I did she was either bragging about you or being really nice to me and the people I was with.  Take hold of God and His Will and know all your friends are right behind you.

Patrick

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

Keledin
GeekCrew n00b

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:37am
Print Post  
I had the opportunity to meet your mom and speak with her on a couple of different occasions, she was a wonderful person and I am incredibly saddened to hear of your loss.  You will be in my prayers and if there is anything that I can do please let me know.

-Corey

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 8:21am
Print Post  
I only met her a few times but each time she was upbeat and she seemed like a very nice person.  I am very sorry for your loss. 

Again, if there is anything we can do b0b just let us know.

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I am very saddened by your loss Jim, I can't even imagine. My heart and prayers (and Susies) are with you and your family. Stay strong brother, you have a peace in knowing that you will see her again in a place of glory and perfection. She is home with the Lord, and we can't ask for anything better. I pray the hand of the Lord is on you and your family, comforting you and giving you rest.

Your friends are with you,

Jason

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 9:14am
Print Post  
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  I don't know much about your childhood but I'm pretty sure that she was your adopting mother right?  Could you give us/ me a brief description of your past, growing up?  Were those your biological parents out there in the southwest side of TR?

This post got messed up because i put us / me
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2008 at 3:12pm by Stick »  
AIM  
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 11:23am
Print Post  
I'm sorry to hear that James.  I only met your mother once, and she was a very sweet lady.  I didn't know her, but I think one can judge a person by the friends and family they keep around them.  With that in mind, I know to have raised a person as good hearted as you bob (And you are whether you like to admit it or not) she must have been a very special person indeed.

I'll say a prayer for her tonight.  And thats not something I do very often anymore.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint