b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Japan!
May 10th, 2010 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
I promised I'd post pictures, and I've got a ton.  I finally got around to downloading all of our pictures, but I'm too lazy to sort, touch-up, resize, and upload them in bulk.  The photography sucks because our camera sucks and we had to take a bunch of pictures on the run.  If you stop in the middle of a walkway in Japan, you get run over.  Anyway, here are a couple of teasers for you guys...

Why yes, that is a throne made out of Famicom (Nintendo) cartridges!  Everybody in our party had to get their picture taken in this bad boy...

Japan has the craziest advertising in the world.  I took a bunch of pictures of billboards and posters, including this one for "Gatsby" cologne.  Sorry about the flash...

Some random character in Harajuku (the fashion district).  Notice the creepy padlock on his butt...

This is a building shaped like an owl.  That would be odd enough by itself, but this building just happens to be the police station (and also Mecha-Godzilla's sidekick).

I also picked up a game or two.  I found Final Fantasy I through V, Mystic Quest, and Front Mission in their original cases.  I also picked up three copies of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII and Tactics, both N64 Zelda titles (in boxes!), the Sega CD (Mega CD) Lunar titles, and the three SNES Romancing Saga games, plus a bunch more random stuff.

-b0b
(...will sort through the remaining pics eventually.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Japan!
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2010 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Here are a couple pictures of the Gatsby posters that I stole from the Interwebs.  They are a bit clearer than the picture we snapped while running across the train station...

-b0b
(...wanted to show just how cool Gatsby really is.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Japan!
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2010 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Those are pretty cool...I would love to go to Japan some day, Rachael and I have talked about it from time to time.  I'm assuming Mere prob. knows Japanese and you couldn't just go without someone knowing the language?

It must be nice to be able to pick up those games and know they'll be compatible with your system...just like Xbox games are with Xbox 360, or Playstation 2 games with Playstation 3, or N64 with the Wii....oh wait!

Psh, I don't know what's so GREAT about Gatsby!  (*tomato is thrown along with booing and a might Duck!)

X
(The movement, not the bird)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint