Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Verizon/Frontier Scam (Read 63875 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Verizon/Frontier Scam
Jan 30th, 2011 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Since we all live vaguely in the same area, I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.  My NC Frontier (formerly Verizon) bill for my home phone nearly doubled this month.  When I checked it out, I saw two fraudulent transactions from Payment One, who was billing on behalf of "Internet Commerce Co".  Of course, I've never heard of Payment One or Internet Commerce Co., and I certainly haven't received any benefits from my supposed subscription.

I called NC Frontier who basically told me "tough cookies."  Every bad thing I've heard about their customer service is absolutely true.  They told me I had to call the fraudulent company and nicely ask for a refund.  Mind you, this is a company that is scamming me, so my expectation of them doing the Right Thing™ is slim to nil.

Supposedly, I signed up for this service in December using my 409 Thomas Street address (we moved in 05/2008) and an e-mail address of DouglasAKline@Yahoo.com.  That makes sense, right?

-b0b
(...grrr!)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Re: Verizon/Frontier Scam
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Call and cancel that bitch.  Who uses home phones anyways? This is 2011.  Also, that doesn't seem right, if the charges appeared on a NC Frontier bill, then they should be held responsible for it.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Yeah, wish there was a company out there that wouldn't pull that.  (was really hoping for verizon as I am looking to get fios when it is available here.)

Att has upped my bill by $5 for the last three months.  (one of those was an introductory offer.  Another was a HD tax for MI now?  And the last was tough, just pay what we tell you.)

AIM  
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Yeah I signed up for ATT DSL service and their promotional wording was so complicated that I had to call them and ask how much I would be paying total after 12 months of service. They couldn't even answer that question. I was having two credit cards billed every month. One for $20 and one for $45. Then I get credited for the next few months and my amount owed is -$35. I've never been to a goat rodeo...

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint