Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Seriously, Get Off My Lawn (Read 191423 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Seriously, Get Off My Lawn
Reply #105 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Wow, that really was a one in a bajillion chance.  I wonder how he figured out CMP had it?

-b0b
(...they go through M1's like nobody's business.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #106 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Growing number of firearm companies refuse to do business with New York, other states over unconstitutional gun laws
Written By: Bob - Feb• 13•13
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo attempted to make a name for himself to further his 2016 Democratic Presidential nomination hopes in the wake of the Sandy Hook school shooting, and forced a blatantly unconstitutional NY SAFE Act through the NY Legislature to promote his aspirations. The law—which violates different provisions of the New York State and U.S. Constitutions—was met with promises of mass civil disobedience by gun owners who will not register their firearms, and by derision by New York State law enforcement agencies. Similar laws have been proposed in Illinois, California, Maryland, and Colorado, among others.

In response to the law, a number of firearms industry companies have taken steps to ensure that the State of New York and other states have to live by the same standards it would impose upon it’s own citizens. Larue Tactical, Olympic Arms, Templar Custom and Extreme Firepower have all created policies that exclude New York State government agencies, including law enforcement, from purchasing firearms or firearm accessories not available to  NY citizens due to this draconian law.

These are largely symbolic protests at this moment, but if major manufactures such as Glock, Sig Sauer, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson join in taking a stand, and refuse to provide firearms and magazines that vengeful states would deny their citizens equal rights under the law, then New York and other states attacking the Constitution could find themselves in difficult situation.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #107 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
http://fourthamendment.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=the_fourth_circuit_takes_...

An interesting story that is an offshoot of Terry v. OH (provided police with reasonable suspicious).  It is now not legal for police to stop open carry gun owners to be stopped and questions just because they are open carrying (in OC states).

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #108 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
X wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:54pm:
http://fourthamendment.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=the_fourth_circuit_takes_...

An interesting story that is an offshoot of Terry v. OH (provided police with reasonable suspicious).  It is now not legal for police to stop open carry gun owners to be stopped and questions just because they are open carrying (in OC states).

X

That was a very interesting read.  It's nice to see a court uphold the fourth amendment, which is seemingly less and less relevant with every passing day.

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #109 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:24am
Print Post  
The only time I've seen(not in person) someone stopped while open carrying was when the firearm is a common fully auto weapon. Is the stop merited at that point for reasonable suspicion of being fully auto? The person submitted to the officer that it was a reasonable suspicion and let the officer inspect the weapon.

I would think no. Similarly to when an officer thinks you might have a dead body in the trunk of your car because that's where most people put dead bodies. Unless there is some reason to suspect other than stereotyping, no.

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #110 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
It doesn't matter whether it appears to be fully auto, because being fully automatic does not mean it's illegal.  Based on the fourth circuit's opinion above, the mere possibility of something being illegal doesn't constitute reasonable suspicion.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not this winds up in the Supreme Court.

-b0b
(...and everybody knows how predictable they are.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #111 - Mar 4th, 2013 at 10:43am
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9wahCTz08

Here is that video. Near the end the officer claims that the citizen admitted that his suspicion warranted the inspection. What a joke.

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #112 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Looks like we'll start having to do this more as we get older:

http://www.threeriversnews.com/obituaries/alexander-flynn-baker

If you remember him, he hung out with Walley and talked about wrestling all the time.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #113 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
We were in the same boy scout troop when we were kids.  His mother was one of the troop leaders.

35 is too young.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint