Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Seriously, Get Off My Lawn (Read 191430 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Seriously, Get Off My Lawn
Reply #75 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Is your sling a one hinge or two?

I use to think the two was better...but I now have come to view the one as much more tactical.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #76 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Actually, it's a three-point harness.  If one is good and two is better, then three is obviously even more epic!

I've been buying UTG slings from Amazon.  They're dirt cheap and surprisingly high quality.  I've got one on my Bushmaster, a second on the new Doublestar AR, and a third on my Remington 870.  They're a whopping $12.00 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JIJ6Y4/ref=oh_o02_s00_i01_details

I generally try not to "cheap out" on gun accessories, but again, these are incredibly good quality for the price.  I've got a similar three-point harness I picked up at Gander Mountain for $45 and it is much, much lower quality.

Here's a good picture of some random guy wearing a three-point harness:

I find them to be much more comfortable than a one-point or two-point, not to mention a lot more versatile.  You can carry your gun right in front of you and have it up and ready to go in a matter of seconds.  This is a big deal for 3 Gun matches, in which you might have to start with your pistol and quickly transition to your rifle.

-b0b
(...besides, it looks tacticool!)

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2011 at 11:41am by b0b »  

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #77 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 11:34am
Print Post  
http://gma.yahoo.com/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder-911-operators-okay-0911064...

Quote:
A young Oklahoma mother shot and killed an intruder to protect her 3-month-old baby on New Year's Eve, less than a week after the baby's father died of cancer.

Sarah McKinley says that a week earlier a man named Justin Martin dropped by on the day of her husband's funeral, claiming that he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello. The 18-year-old Oklahoma City area woman did not let him into her home that day.

On New Year's Eve Martin returned with another man, Dustin Stewart, and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon began trying to break into McKinley's home.

As one of the men was going from door to door outside her home trying to gain entry, McKinley called 911 and grabbed her 12-gauge shotgun.

McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO that she quickly got her 12 gauge, went into her bedroom and got a pistol, put the bottle in the baby's mouth and called 911.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.

When Martin kicked in the door and came after her with the knife, the teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old. Police are calling the shooting justified.

21 minutes and still no police!!!! wow...

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #78 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I wonder if there are factors that make this ok?

- She's a woman

- She's alone

- She has a baby

Does anyone else think that this may have been different if any of these were the opposite?

And yes, 21 minutes is exactly why I have multiple fire arms in my domicile.  Heck, you can't even make the old joke of "when seconds count, the police are minutes away" anymore...we're going to have to replace minutes with just the ability or want to make it to your place.  I really have to start carrying with me full time.

X
(thanks for the article)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #79 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Oklahoma has castle doctrine.  As soon as the bad guy entered the house, he was fair game.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69782

-b0b
(...yay!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #80 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
More places should have castle doctrine.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #81 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
More gun pr0n!

First up is my collection of AR-15s.  At the top is my new DPMS 16" AR with a flat-top receiver.  In the middle is a Bushmaster AR with an 18", and at the bottom is my mid-ban Olympic Arms AR with a 20" barrel.

Here are the Russian guns.  At top is a bolt-action Mosin Nagant 91/30 chambered in 7.62x54R.  Below that is the paratrooper/tanker model of the same gun, called an M44.  The next two guns are Chinese Army of the SKS semi-automatic rifle, chambered in 7.62x39mm.  Finally, at the bottom is the well-known AK-47, along with a bayonet.

Here are a couple of traditional American guns.  The top gun is a Marlin 336A lever-action rifle, chambered in .30-30 Winchester.  It has a crappy Bushnell scope on it that I need to ditch.  Next up is a Henry Golden Boy lever-action in .22LR.  It is followed by the ubiquitous Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic.  Finally, the first gun I ever bought (on my 18th birthday!), a Savage 954 semi-automatic rifle in .22LR.

Finally, two of my three shotguns.  The one on top was a hand-me-down that originally belonged to my grandfather.  He tried shooting 3 1/2" magnum shells through it and broke the stock, hence the hardcore electrical tape modification.  I don't want to ruin the "character" of the gun, so I haven't replaced the stock.  This one is just a safe queen these days.  Below it is my newish Remington 870 Tactical.  I have another Remington 870 20ga that is currently on loan to my mother-in-law for a home defense gun.

-b0b
(...will have some AR disassembly pics in a couple days.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #82 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
My collection. Some tactical, some hunting.
From the top:
Ruger 10/22
Kimber Pepper Blaster (Wife's)
Remington R-15 .223
Springfield XDm .40
Remington 700 XCR TLR .300 Win Mag
Remington 11-87 12-gauge
Remington 4-10

My next purchase is going to be a nice scope for my 300. The one on there is a Nikkon Buckmaster. Puke!

I also want a small revolver for carry. The XDm is a bit heavy.

All_Small.jpg (Attachment deleted)
R153_Small.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Tac4_Small.jpg (Attachment deleted)
AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #83 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing pics, Stick!  I love the AR.  It looks like Remington was smart enough to include a low-profile gas block with their flat-top receiver, which is something I can't say for Rock River Arms.  What kind of optic do you have on it?

I'm also a big fan of the Remington 700.  I've been drooling over them for some time now, and hope to pick one up later this year.

-b0b
(...guns!)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #84 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
The optic is the Burris XTS 135. I can hit a steel plate about the size of a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper at 180 yards with this red dot while standing up, about 50% of my shots hit. 223 is an amazing round.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/xts135.html

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #85 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Fantastic.  I've been looking at the Burris XTR and the Viper Vortex PST for my AR.  I need a good 1-4x scope for 3 gun.  Generally speaking, we don't have many shots that exceed 150 yards, which is a good thing because I'm getting a bit rusty.

-b0b
(...needs to hit the range!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #86 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:53am
Print Post  
http://www.wwmt.com/shared/newsroom/top-stories/stories/wwmt_vid_437.shtml#.T2tF...

I've been watching this bill kick back and forth in MI.  This would be great for us!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #87 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Same here.  I'm not super-excited about the additional nine-hour training requirement, but I'll take what I can get.

By the way, did you see that dead sexy Springfield Armory XDm in the video?

-b0b
(...drools!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #88 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Offff course!

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #89 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 6:55am
Print Post  
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1591_3503_4654-10941--,00.html

Maybe someone can help.

If I am open carrying, am I legally obligated to show my CPL AND my drivers ID?

If I'm concealed carrying, do I have to always have my driver's ID on me?

I hate how this doesn't have a law associated with it...just a set of rules.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint