Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Fall LAN Party (Read 48262 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Fall LAN Party
Reply #30 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I can bring our old set up too that I've had since the first LAN party at my apt.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #31 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
yea patrick, that would be cool... im light on cables too

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #32 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
X wrote on Oct 8th, 2011 at 9:23am:
I can bring our old set up too that I've had since the first LAN party at my apt.

You've got to be kidding me.  You've got a network engineer coming and your proposing using some half-baked DLink 100MB unmanaged switch?

Donate that crap to Goodwill!

-b0b
(...bam!)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #33 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Goodwill doesn't take antiques.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #34 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Alright, I'm packing up now.  We'll be on the road shortly and should arrive around 6:00pm or so.  See you guys soon!

-b0b
(...is ready to get his game on.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #35 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
I just want to thank everyone that made the trek out. We played a lot of gaming, and some volleyball to boot! Ill post some pics soon, although i did not take any of the lan itself...

did you bob?

~Jason

(...starts a new countdown for pics)

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #36 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Yeah, I've got some pics.  I'll post them the same time you post pics of your guns!

I kid, I kid!  I'll dig out the camera and post the five or six pics I took.  Knowing my luck, none of them turned out.

Thanks for hosting an amazing LAN, Briney.  Your house is amazing!

-b0b
(...next up, New Year's LAN!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #37 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I don't know which one of you is the spy for Netflix, but they must have been listening to us:

Quote:
It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs.

This means no change: one website, one account, one password…in other words, no Qwikster.

While the July price change was necessary, we are now done with price changes.

We're constantly improving our streaming selection. We've recently added hundreds of movies from Paramount, Sony, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax. Plus, in the last couple of weeks alone, we've added over 3,500 TV episodes from ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA, E!, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, TLC, SyFy, A&E, History, and PBS.

We value you as a member, and we are committed to making Netflix the best place to get your movies & TV shows.

Respectfully,

The Netflix Team

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #38 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
I think their shareholders need to fire the entire board of directors and clear out the executive suite.  Their stock was in the $200 range before the pricing fiasco.  It now trades at $111.

-b0b
(...derp.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #39 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
I don't know when VOLLEYBALL OR ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY became part of a LAN....but the Fat Man DOES NOT approve.

(...note the caplocks)

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #40 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:36am
Print Post  
The_Fat_Man wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:20pm:
I don't know when VOLLEYBALL OR ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY became part of a LAN....but the Fat Man DOES NOT approve.

Don't worry, my suckitude at volleyball represented us well.

-b0b
(...had more heart attacks than points scored.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #41 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:53am
Print Post  
I took a whopping ten pictures at the LAN, and two of them were amazing shots of Briney's carpet (ha!).  Anyway, here's what I managed to salvage:

Briney looking as awesome as ever.  Somebody really needs to Photoshop this picture.

Here is the only picture of Briney's firearms that you'll ever see.  I didn't have a chance to take pics of the shotgun, and we all know Briney will never take pics of them!

Here's El Brando with the demon eyes.  This is proof that I really need to buy a digital SLR.

Here's Justin, the new guy.  Make sure you drag him to the New Year's LAN, Briney!

Here's another picture of Spanky, looking like he's going to start something.

...and Meredith, who stayed up hours later than Stewie.  Seriously, Stewie?

Yay, it's me, looking like a dork!

This is the only picture I got of Stewie.  He fell asleep about 15 minutes into our 8-hour game of Empire Earth.  Don't worry, Stewie, Briney and I made you proud!

-b0b
(...had a ton of fun.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #42 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
...and I would be remiss if I didn't post a screenshot of our legendary Empire Earth game.  Stewie fell asleep about 15 minutes into the game (and I took over your base, so I think you're still technically alive).  Spanky lasted a couple hours before he got wiped off the map.  Briney and I held it together against two Hard CPU enemies and pushed the game into an interminable stalemate. 

After eight hours, we managed to eliminated one of the two enemies and had started slowly moving in on the second.  We've got the game saved and Briney has promised me he'll get around to playing it to the bloody end with me, so we'll have to see how the story plays out.

Here's the only screenshot I have from late in the game.  On the minimap in the lower right corner, I'm red and Briney is blue.  I was turtling like crazy and sending out massive numbers of nuclear bombers, and Briney was rolling over the enemy with tanks.  We had a heck of a time keeping any area clear, though.  As soon as Briney and I would steamroll over one area, they'd immediately fill it back in.  It was crazy how fast they were rebuilding.

I built a wonder to see their buildings (they're green), and immediately got pummeled even with heavy defenses.  The second time I built it, I surrounded it with a full wall of towers and a second wall of anti-air.  The surrounding area is also heavily fortified.  They didn't bother attacking this one.

-b0b
(...yet!)
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2011 at 11:50am by b0b »  

IP Logged

pezmasterelite
GeekCrew n00b

The Geek Crew

Reply #43 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
That is ridiculous, I am having a hard time believing you guys are still playing Empire Earth.  Maybe we should have a retro LAN party and play some Counter Strike or SMAC for good time sake, maybe unreal tournament?

If we played anything else, my old box will surely crash.  I will need like 4 weeks or so heads up on the next LAN, so that I can prepare something.  I have been planning on getting a new machine, don't want to spend too much though.

Anyways, good to see you guys finding time for the same ol' stuff.

pez

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #44 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Believe it or not, it's still as much fun today as it was ten years ago.  I'm thinking we should probably break out Earth 2150 for the next LAN, though.  I think I still have the install discs around here somewhere.

The traditional New Year's LAN is usually the first or second weekend in January.  Now that everyone is married, it's gotten difficult to actually hold it on New Year's Eve.  That gives you a solid 10 weeks to put something together!

-b0b
(...w00t!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint