Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Technical Information (Read 4108 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Technical Information
Jan 27th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Connectivity Information
Fantasy Grounds IP:  75.151.2.133
Mumble Address:  WesDownersMom.com

This post will provide an overview of the technical information you need to join our D&D campaign.

We use the Fantasy Grounds software as our virtual tabletop (VTT) to get our game on.  Fantasy Grounds is an excellent tabletop with extensive functionality.  You can use it to do virtually everything necessary in D&D including character creation, exploration, and combat.  Fantasy Grounds has a licensing arrangement with Wizards of the Coast (owners of D&D) and thus the official core rule books, supplements, and adventures are available as DLC for Fantasy Grounds.

Licensing for Fantasy Grounds gets complicated, but the short version is that nobody needs to buy anything to join the campaign.  I have an unlimited license that allows everyone else to connect to me for free.  All you need is a copy of the Fantasy Grounds client, which you can download from Steam (click the "Download Demo" button on the Fantasy Grounds page) or directly from FantasyGrounds.com:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

I've already picked up the DLC for all of the core rule books and the campaign we'll be playing.  Once you connect to my session, you'll be able to access the Player's Handbook (PHB) to create your own character.  I can also send out a PDF copy of the PHB, just PM me on the forum or via Steam and I'll get them to you.

We'll be using Mumble for voice chat connectivity.  Mumble is free.  You can grab it here:

https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

-b0b
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2017 at 7:15pm by b0b »  

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Technical Information
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
02-28-2017 - Updated the instructions to cover the transition from Ventrilo to Mumble.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint