Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Session #02 - 02/09/2016 - And so it begins... (Read 5356 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Session #02 - 02/09/2016 - And so it begins...
Feb 6th, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Our first formal play session will start Tuesday evening at 7:00pm EST.  If you haven't finished creating your own character, I'll have a handful of characters available that you can use in the interim.

I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday!

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Session #02 - 02/09/2016 - And so it begins...
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 5:14am
Print Post  
It may be possible I have a friend at work willing to join, or are there too many already?

I also finished up my character "Notes" section if you want to take a look at em.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
X wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 5:14am:
I also finished up my character "Notes" section if you want to take a look at em.

Sorry Stewie, totally overlooked your post.  Your background looks great, thanks for putting some effort into it!  As players get their backgrounds fleshed out, I'll make an effort to integrate them into the campaign.  I hope you guys find it rewarding!

-b0b
(...puts on his robe and wizard hat.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Session Recap

Players: Craig L., Craig P., Emma, Jerod, Meredith, Mike, Pat

The campaign kicked off last night when the characters met up in Waterdeep at the offices of Peace 4 Purchase (P4P).  P4P is a somewhat shady company that is best described as a mixture of an adventurer's guild and a temporary staffing agency.  The party was introduced to Benoit Lutece, a consummate businessman that described the assignment they were being sent on.

The party would be meeting up with a merchant caravan within the hour.  They were responsible for guarding the caravan from Waterdeep to Red Larch, a small town in the heart of the Dessarin Valley.  The trip would take 6-7 days.

Their real mission would start once they arrived in Red Larch.  The Dessarin Valley is an important resource for Waterdeep and neighboring Sword Coast cities, as it is the source of much of the food they consume.  It is also a vital source of horses, oxen, and building materials.  Over the past several months, several seemingly-unrelated issues have sprung up and gradually worsened. 

• The major trade routes are being plagued by violent bandit attacks.  Merchant caravans are being looted and destroyed at an alarming rate, causing shortages and driving up prices in many industries.
  • Piracy is having a similar impact on shipping along the vital Dessarin River.  Pirates are also raiding towns and homesteads along the banks of the river.
  • A wide assortment of monsters have appeared in the Valley, attacking towns, homesteads, and caravans all across the valley.  Bugbears, orcs, gnolls, ghouls, and merrow are among those mentioned.
  • Unusual weather and natural disasters have been occurring throughout the valley.  Reports include blizzards popping up in mid-summer, disturbingly accurate lightning out of a clear blue sky, and earthquakes in an area that has never experienced them previously in recorded history.

After asking a few questions, the party met up with the caravan and set out for Red Larch.  After three days of uneventful travel, the caravan was faced with a nasty storm on the horizon just as dusk was falling.  One of the caravan's drivers caught sight of a doorway carved into the mountainside near the road.  The caravan master then asked the party to check it out and see if it was a safe place for the caravaneers to hole up for the night.

The party quickly determined the cave was a long-abandoned temple to the dead god Helm, once concealed behind a massive pile of boulders that were disturbed during a recent earthquake.  While exploring the ruins, the party encountered fierce resistance from an assembly of undead creatures including skeletons, ghouls, and animated armor.

After three rounds of fierce combat, the party decided to bring the caravaneers into a room and barricade it for the night.  This would allow them to rest and heal up before completing their exploration of the ruins.  The party earned a total of 725 XP (104 XP per player) and found approximately 70 GP, along with a set of chain mail and a +1 shield bearing Helm's insignia.

-b0b
(...hope you guys had fun!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Good fun.  Thanks for doing a quick write up summary.  I had taken a few notes but there were some items you listed that I missed.

Thanks.
X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint