Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Session #20 - 10/18/2016 - Halloween Hootenanny Part 2 (Read 4348 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Session #20 - 10/18/2016 - Halloween Hootenanny Part 2
Oct 18th, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
We'll be playing tonight at 7:00pm ET.  Hope to see you all there!
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2016 at 8:55am by b0b »  

IP Logged

X
GeekCrew Moderator
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Session #20 - 10/18/2016 - Halloween Special Part 2
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:05am
Print Post  
I completely mucked up my calendar and when I said I could play on the 1st what I meant to say was...there is no way I can play on the 1st.

So enjoy, but I won't be there.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
That sucks!  Tonight's session will probably be pretty short, so you won't miss too much.  Are you available next Tuesday 11/8?

IP Logged

X
GeekCrew Moderator
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Yes I am.  Thanks.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 8:04am
Print Post  
After spending an evening resting and gathering their strength, the party set out in mid-morning to track down the beast that has been terrorizing the hamlet of Whitwick.  Before they could leave the inn and tavern, however, a older woman by the name of Emeline Kramer beseeched the party to help her find her missing son.  Emeline told the party her adult son, Gregory, failed to show up for breakfast that morning.  When she went to his home, she found his bedroom in a state of disarray with copious amounts of blood covering virtually every surface.  Muriel claims she heard nothing from her home next door.

The party followed Emeline to Gregory's house.  Upon investigation, the group noticed the bedroom window was shattered with the majority of the glass fragments laying inside of the bedroom.  Moreover, deep parallel slash marks were cut into the bed by something quite sharp.  Moving outside, the party discovered clumps of grass ripped form the ground alongside drag marks the appear to made by dragging fingers.  The path disappeared into a dense forest that lays a mere 30 feet away from the house.

The party jumped right into action, plunging straight into the heart of the forest.  Shortly thereafter, the menace of Whitwick made his presence known when a party member spotted him out of the corner of their eye.  The man was seemingly following the group about thirty feet back with a knife glinting in the last rays of sunlight.  As soon as the group became aware of his presence, he dropped down on all fours and broke into a sprint in their direction.  He quickly gained on the party who, much to their credit, stood their ground against the crazed man.  As he was nearly on them, the party could clearly see blood on his face.  A single thought ran through Exees' mind, "My God, there's blood everywhere!"  The man launched forward with incredible, impossible speed and just before he collided with Oni, he blurred into the shadows and disappeared.

It was now dark and the party had lost their prey.  Despite Exees' excellent tracking skills, the group was hopeless lost themselves.  Seemingly sensing the party's desperation, a pack of wolves seized upon the opportunity to ambush the group.  Two wolves and a hell hound worked closely together to select and take out one target at a time, dealing grievous damage to several party members.  The hell hound's fire breath attack resulted in massive damage and more than one person will have a permanent reminder of the encounter in the form of scarred flesh. 

The party crept silently through the underbrush, trying to pinpoint their own location while looking for any hint of the depraved attacker.  Aha!  In the distance, the party could see a small cottage with a light on.  The party felt the first drops of optimism all day, which was quickly dashed when Oni found his leg caught in a bear trap.  Oni managed to stifle the scream, but gained a noticeable limp once Emma freed him from his captivity.

In the moonlight ahead, the party saw a ramshackle cottage.  Sergi pushed forward, sneaking stealthily toward the dimly lit window on the western side of the cottage.  Near the front door hung a dilapidated sign reading "Shylo's House."  Sergi could see the distinct silhouette of a man sitting in a rocking chair sharpening an axe.  The party moved into position to attempt an ambush, but Temmie's lack of grace alerted the creature to their presence.  The man in the cottage instantly disappeared from his rocking chair and Oni found cold metal pressed against his head.  There was a gun to Oni's head and death in the man's eyes.  Before pulling the trigger, the man shouted, "SHYLO SURPRISE!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint