Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Muslim Shrine Destroyed in Iraq (Read 18885 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Muslim Shrine Destroyed in Iraq
Feb 23rd, 2006 at 10:52am
Print Post  
One of Islam's holiest shrines was destroyed in Iraq.  Something makes me think all Hell is going to break loose between the Sunnis and Shiites over this.

Before:

After:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4738472.stm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060222/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

-b0b
(...busts out the marshmallows.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: Muslim Shrine Destroyed in Iraq
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Ya it was 1200 years old. Whoever bombed that mosque is just trying to start a bloody civil war.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:06am
Print Post  
This shrine supposedly housed the remains of the 10th and 11th Imams, which is somehow significant to these guys.  I don't see what the big deal is.  After all, it's not like they weren't dead already.

So far, I've seen them say America is partially responsible, Israel is partially responsible, and the president of Iraq is partially responsible, even though they know who bombed the place.  How ridiculous is that?  Maybe they should let the blame fall where it belongs and stop using this as a political catalyst.

Oh well, they'll get over it.

-b0b
(...is already over it.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Here's a side-by-side comparison...

I don't think that will buff out.

-b0b
(...wowzers.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:45am
Print Post  
I would say something of this nature would compare to the Lincoln memorial getting destroyed by a bomb, or even worse. The building  plays a major part of the religion there, and poof, its gone. It amazes me that a religion that is a peaceful one is so quick to riot and kill and maim. Granted, that is not everyone, but they sure have a large minority that is giving the Muslim faith a bad name. They sure make a convenient "bad guy" for the United States. A nice faceless enemy to blame stuff on.

blah.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Why can't this happen at the Dome of the Rock!  Then Antichrist can help the Jews rebuild their temple.  I think it goes to show you how Satan is working through the Muslim religion in having the same spot be a holy place for them too.  But it all works to the glory of God....but still....I WANT THE END OF THE WORLD TO COME SOON!

To comment on this bombing...I smell something fishy.  I really don't see why insurgents would bomb a place they worship in, no matter if they are two different sects.  Anyone else get that feeling?

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:49am
Print Post  
http://home.comcast.net/~wraithtouch/Temple.gif

"Religion of Peace" my butt.  Islam is anything but.  I think Doug Patton summarized things pretty well in his article entitled "I Don't Care."

Quote:
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia.

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that

I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and - you guessed it - I don't care!

Doug Patton, Column of June 6, 2005

-b0b
(...doesn't care.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:58am
Print Post  
X wrote on Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:47am:
Why can't this happen at the Dome of the Rock!

That's a huge +1, over.

Quote:
I really don't see why insurgents would bomb a place they worship in, no matter if they are two different sects.

I don't think you understand the gravity of their differences.  These people kill one another without a thought.

To put your quote in another light, it'd be like saying "I don't really see why the Catholics slaughtered the Waldensians wholesale, no matter if they are two different sects."

People don't need a reason to be stupid, and I'm fresh out of reasons to care.

-b0b
(...couldn't care less.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Ya Patrick I get that feeling too. Dunno who benifits from an Iraqi civil war tho.

And ya its hard to sympathize with pple who suicide bomb civilians

IP Logged

Vendex
GeekCrew n00b

Got r00t?

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Maybe someone over there thinks that if they get a Civil war going and more of our troops would be needed to contain the civil war in that region. Then the protestors here at home would make a louder uproar to pull out all of our troops until the civil unrest is finished (which will never happen).

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Well in regards to the london bombing photos, it is my belief that those were carried out by somone in the british government considering there was a 1,000 person drill running that involved 4 bombs going off at those exact locations at the same time.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
MediaMaster wrote on Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:06pm:
Well in regards to the london bombing photos, it is my belief that those were carried out by somone in the british government considering there was a 1,000 person drill running that involved 4 bombs going off at those exact locations at the same time.

You can parrot conspiracy theories all day long, but the facts are simple - these people are freakin' evil.

People in Western societies need to wake up to the fact that Islam has declared war on everything non-Muslim.  We have tried to bring Western values (namely, democracy and freedom) to a Muslim country.  This is tantamount to mixing oil and water.  Democracy, with all its values of integrity and personal responsibity, is directly contradictory to Islam.

We need to understand this and adopt a foreign policy that puts a proverbial wall around the Middle East.  If we must go to war with them, we need to establish a policy that exploits the sectarian rifts in Islam.  We need to make these idiots wear each other down. The longer we wait before changing tactics, the worse things will become for us.

What can I say?  What goes around comes around.  (Karma, anyone?)

I'm sure the Buddhists want their shrines back, too, but hindsight is always 20/20.

In case you're not aware, most of the violence around the world seems to be tied to Islam. The Balkins, Chechnya, Indonesia, 9/11, Palestine, Afganistan, Nigeria, Sudan, and so on. Even in France, Australia, England, Sweden, Denmark, and other traditionally peaceful places, Muslim violence has become a problem.

If you take one look at the nations under Sharia (Islamic law), you'll instantly get transported back to the dark ages: see Iran and Saudia Arabia as prime examples, as well as Taliban-era Afganistan.

Perhaps most Muslims are neither terrorists nor extremists, but they sure produce a much higher percentage of terrorists and extremists than other cultures and religions.  Actions speak louder than words.

-b0b
(...blargs.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
"We need to understand this and adopt a foreign policy that puts a proverbial wall around the Middle East. "

I know!  How about we give countries, let's pick....ohhhh....the United Arab Emerents....and give them our ports!  Yeah just like how we've given the Chinese the Long Beach Naval Air Base, the only major deep water port that can take large ships on the west coast.  Or how we've put up as collateral, basically given over control, of national forrest parks such as the Grand Canyon to the UN.  This is just another way the globalists are forcing people to come under the control of a one world government.

I know this is a little off target of the subject, but I agree with you bob.  These people, and these events, are evil.  And people will only realize this when they're either dead and in hell, or when their entire world is taken from them.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Little too much hate in this thread for my liking. I have several Muslim friends who are awesome. Like I said before the majority of that faith are peaceful, its the pricks who go out bombing stuff that give it a bad name. Not exactly a good thing, when you go lumping together everyone from a particular place in the world or from a particular religion.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:40pm
Print Post  

Here's my beef with Islam.  The civilized world has bent over backward over the past 40+ years to bring Muslim countries into the modern era.  We've given them political, military, health, and financial assistance that goes way above and beyond the call of duty.  What do we get in return?

We get crapped on, that's what.  Every time you turn on the TV, you see some sect of Islam having blown something up or started some kind of war with an innocent third party.  As I said in my earlier post, nearly every single conflict of any real size has been started and perpetuated by Muslims.  Muslims don't just hate Americans.  No, no.  They hate Christians, they hate Jews, hell - they even hate themselves.

I don't care about their religion, but I do care about their attitude.  If they want to act like a bunch of primeval savages, they can keep their happy butts in the Middle East and we can keep ourselves in America, where we belong.

-b0b
(...fumes.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint