Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Possible IED's Discovered in Boston (Read 22213 times)
MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: Possible IED's Discovered in Boston
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
The artist who made them has been arrested! Holy crap! What kind of country do we live in where people get arrested for using some batteries and wires. Good God, I am done.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

Ironman
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Holy crap, what a bunch of baloney.  It's even worse if you read some of the comments on the that bostonchannel site...

Quote:
I agree that Turner Broadcasting should be fined to the fullest estent of the Law and pay for what the city, state etc had to expend for this travesty. In this day and age the reaction was not one a paranoia but protective of our situation in the world. Thank God we live in an area where the people who need to be are on their toes and protecting us!

Regards,Jinny

Quote:
In the post 9/11 era this is just plain nuts! You cannot just leave packages of any kind around in any city without explanation and permission. It ois just luck that no one was hurt in the evacuations and closures. What were they thinking? As one of my co-workers frequently points out, operative word here...........thinking! As in not!

jan

Quote:
M. Shake, your post infuriates me! I work in Emergency Preparedness, and I can't begin to tell you the kind of day local, state, and federal officials had dealing with this. You need to understand that after 9/11, false school bomb threats and unattended/suspicious packages are taken *very* seriously by those who respond to the incident-it's not a harmless prank any more.

Let me ask you this: If one of those packages, just one, had been the real deal and killed people, would you still be laughing at Boston? Walk a mile in our shoes, and only then, give me your answer.

To answer the question posed, yes, hit Turner hard in the pocketbook, impose jail time, and demand reimbursement for the superb response today

jeez...

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I would say these people need to blame themselves.

These were not "packages" of wires ticking and small unpatterned lights flashing in a hidden spot on a bridge.

These were very visible, very bright LED lights on a PIECE of metal with small wires in the design of a CARTOON CHARACTER.

The artist shouldn't be held responsible for the cost, nor should the emergency crews that responded be ridiculed.  The people responsible for THINKING that these signs were dangerous should be held accountable.  Someone needs to be fired.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Ironman, your post made me want to puke. I wonder how many of the bloody comments supporting the city gov, etc started with "In a post 9/11 world..."

Ugh, stop reading the cue cards.

Fatman: Quote:
The artist shouldn't be held responsible for the cost, nor should the emergency crews that responded be ridiculed.  The people responsible for THINKING that these signs were dangerous should be held accountable.  Someone needs to be fired.

So true! Part of their job is to RECOGNIZE the bloody real threats!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Let me ask you this: If one of those packages, just one, had been the real deal and killed people, would you still be laughing at Boston? Walk a mile in our shoes, and only then, give me your answer.

Oh absolutely Fran.  I'm sure we'd all be laughing how a Light Bright would blow up and kill thousands of people.  Also...I can't walk a mile in your shoes in Boston...I'm not a homosexual!  Oh no...I said it!  What would I do if that word would to be read by a KKK member and he goes out and kills thousands of gays because of my joke.  Would I still find it funny?

This is all rhetoric people!  This is exactly what the globalists want from us!  This moronic thinking and being scared.  Ya know I thought that maybe I was part of a silent majority who didn't like the direction this country was taking.  But reading the few posts that you made on what the people in Boston said...ya I agree with Briney...I'm done!

Because of 9/11 I need the govt to watch over my shoulder.  Because of 9/11 I need all my banking looked at and don't forget my medical too!  The government knows best!  Because of 9/11 and all those kidnappings I need to be chipped!  I need my whole family chipped!  Shoot I need to be chipped 500 times in case they find the chip and take it out!  Oh save me govt and I will bow down and go into your camps just save me from the evil Lightbright!!! 

X
(spits on the American flag because it's being used as toilet paper now)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 8:52am
Print Post  
I hope the people of Boston can see this, because I'm doing it as hard as I can.  They should just be thankful that we didn't use the Phillips Head Death Driver!

The artist was arrested for stealing and drinking and smoking in a non-smoking area.  He was just a nerd anyway, and nerds get their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks!

-b0b
(.../Mooninite.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
Arrest Made In Boston's Hoax Device Incident
"Devices" Were Part Of A Marketing Campaign
Menino Wants Turner To Reimburse Cities

(WBZ) BOSTON Boston police say they have made in arrest in connection to the suspicious device scare that turned out to be a marketing ploy for a television cartoon. The Peter Berdvosky was arrested in Arlington Wednesday night and charged under a recently enacted statute making it a crime to place a hoax device that results in panic.

The scare forced bomb units to scramble across Boston all day. The "devices" were actually magnetic lights which resemble a character on the show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", on Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network.

WBZ spoke with the Berdvosky's lawyer and legal guardian Michael Rich, who said the Mass. College of Art student did cooperate with police. Rich also tells us the suspect is an exchange student from Belarus.

"It's very disturbing," said Rich, "that what was just (an) employment for a struggling artist turned into some major misunderstanding."

Berdvosky was apparently working for InterferenceInc.com, which was the company hired by Cartoon Network to carry out the ad campaign. He will be arraigned at Charlestown District Court on Thursday morning.

The suspicious device reports forced the temporary shutdowns of Interstate 93 out of the city, a key inbound roadway, a bridge between Boston and Cambridge, and a portion of the Charles River but were quickly determined not to be explosive.

"It's a hoax -- and it's not funny," Gov. Deval Patrick said.

"We apologize to the citizens of Boston that part of a marketing campaign was mistaken for a public danger....We deeply regret the hardships experienced as a result of this incident," said Turner Broadcasting Chair and CEO Phil Kent in a writen statement.

More Than ten devices were found in Boston, Cambridge and Somerville. Attorney General Martha Coakley believes 38 of the light up boards were planted throughout the city.

The first device was found at an MBTA subway and bus station located under Interstate 93 on Wednesday morning. The device was detonated and determined to be harmless, but as a precaution the station and the interstate shut down temporarily.

Then, around 1 p.m., four calls came into Boston Police reporting suspicious devices at the Boston University Bridge and the Longfellow Bridge, which both span the Charles River, and the corner of Stuart and Columbus Streets and at the Tufts-New England Medical Center.

Another device was found in Somerville under the McGrath Highway Bridge. The latest package was found outside Fenway Park around 5:30 p.m.

Mayor Menino said the hoax cost the state and cities about $750,000. He wants Turner Broadcasting to pay for it all.

“It is outrageous, in a post 9/11 world, that a company would use this type of marketing scheme. I am prepared to take any and all legal action against Turner Broadcasting and its affiliates for any and all expenses incurred during the response to today’s incidents. Boston will look to coordinate our efforts going forward with Cambridge, Somerville and any other affected agencies.”

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force" is a cartoon with a cultish following that airs as part of the Adult Swim late-night block of programs for adults on the Cartoon Network. A feature length film based on the show is slated for release March 23.

The surreal series centers on a talking milkshake (Master Shake), fries (Frylock) and a meatball (Meatwad).

The cartoon also includes two trouble-making, 1980s-graphic-like characters called "mooninites," named Ignignokt and Err -- who were pictured on the suspicious devices. They are known for making the obscene hand gesture depicted on the devices.

It said the devices have been in place for two to three weeks in 10 cities: Boston; New York; Los Angeles; Chicago; Atlanta; Seattle; Portland, Ore.; Austin, Texas; San Francisco; and Philadelphia.

This wasn't a freakin' "hoax."  It was an artistic project done as part of an advertising campaign.  For the love of cookies, what is wrong with these people?

-b0b
(...doesn't get it.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
"They have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. Parent company Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal law enforcement on the exact locations of the billboards. We regret that they were mistakenly thought to pose any danger."

Wow, great job on keeping your eyes open for "suspicious packages."  Way to go, guys!

I have to say, this has been absolutely hysterical.  On my list of retardedly funny things, this ranks up there with the Middle Easterners in that AP photo that had printed an Osama photo from the "Bert is Evil" website.

I hope there is an Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode about this soon.  For what it's worth, I bet Cartoon Network will see a huge upswing in ATHF viewership.  They definitely got what they paid for in terms of advertising.

"Some would say that the Earth is our moon. But that would belittle the name of our Moon, which is `The Moon.'"

-b0b
(...finds it humorous that DHS was pimpaslapped by Cartoon Network.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Here are some better pictures of "the devices."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderlin/358766067/

I would also recommend checking out some of the comments on the individual pictures, wherein people commented two weeks ago about seeing them on bridges, rail lines, etc.  They all knew what was going on, so why couldn't the .gov figure it out?  Here are some great comments...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderlin/358766067/

-b0b
(...feels stupider just for living in the same hemisphere as Boston.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #24 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Who wants a new avatar?

-b0b
(...w00t!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #25 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Here's a smaller version that won't squish.

-b0b
(...notes that avatars are limited to 80x80.)

Ignignokt_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #26 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 10:59am
Print Post  
We should pull a "V for Vendetta" and put tens of thousands of these things up everywhere.

-b0b
(...you can stop one of us, but you can't stop us all.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #27 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4

YOU GUYS HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!!

It's an interview with the 2 guys charged making fun of the whole situation!!!

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #28 - Feb 1st, 2007 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Thats not a hair-related post.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #29 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
It's official:  The terrorist have won.

Seriously.

-b0b