Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Troubled Times (Read 5731 times)
Keledin
GeekCrew n00b

Troubled Times
Apr 13th, 2009 at 9:32am
Print Post  
I mentioned in a post last week that things in my life were fairly chaotic.  They culminated last night with the passing of my mother. She has been fighting cancer for the better part of two years now and earlier this year she stopped responding to chemotherapy. She spent the last few months in a nursing home receiving excellent care.  Near the end she was made as comfortable as possible and passed quietly earlier this morning.

Those of you that knew her knew what kind of a person she was and I ask that you remember her that way.

Sincerely,
Corey

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Troubled Times
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Corey,

I'm incredibly sorry to hear of your loss.  There are no words that can assuage the anguish of losing a loved one, and that is doubly true for your mother.  That said, please know that I'm praying for you and your family, and I'm available night or day should you need someone to talk to.

We're thinking about you, we're praying for you, and we've got your back.  If we can do anything to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

-James
(269) 832-1423

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Very sorry to hear that Corey.  Like bob said, we've got your back.  If you need anything just let me know and don't be such a stranger around here.

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Corey,

My heartfelt sorrow and prayers go out to you and your family.  It may sound like an echo of what people have said before but if you do need any of us, at any time, feel free to call.  We may not have all the answers for you, but we all have two hears to your one mouth.  May you and yours be comforted by the Great Comforter, Jesus Christ.  Be strong but not too strong and know that feeling such loss is a good thing because it shows you how much those people meant to you.

With love,

Patrick
269-377-5059

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry to hear that Corey.  Your mother was a very sweet lady the few times I met her, it's a terrible day when the world has to lose someone like that.

If you need anything let me know Corey.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint