Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 165979 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #1140 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
I agree wholeheartedly.  Let's put together some whips and get to it!

-b0b
(...yeah!)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #1141 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 10:02am
Print Post  
What is all this requesting cash from the government crap.  Now every company thinks they can get money from the gov.  American Express?  Give me a break, they hand out credit cards like candy and expect not to run out of money?  Have they seen the statistics of credit card debt lately? wtf.

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1142 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Netflix streaming takes a serious hit, Columbia Pictures not watchable on 360
Conrad Zimmerman on NXE

Netflix streaming takes a serious hit, Columbia Pictures not watchable on 360 screenshot

I fired up my 360 and installed the New Xbox Experience last night.. After making my avatar and fiddling with the menus, I sunk my teeth into the feature I was most looking forward to, Netflix streaming, and watched a couple episodes of a short-lived, Jay Mohr TV show.

This afternoon, I went back to watch some more, only to discover that the show was no longer listed in my Instant Watch Queue on the 360. A quick trip to the Netflix website revealed that, yes, it was still in my queue but, no, it was not available for Xbox.

Apparently, a lot of movies and TV shows have dropped off the face of the service over the last twenty-four hours. Joystiq did a little bit of matlocking and found the thing that they all have in common: Columbia Pictures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment. What an amazing coincidence!

There is, at present, no way of knowing if a movie you want to watch is on the 360 blacklist until it's in your queue, where Netflix lists what videos cannot be watched on the console. So, if you were planning on curling up on the couch to watch The Freshman (as I had wanted to do later this evening), you're out of luck.

I think this is a fairly sophomoric move for Sony, but I also find it somewhat funny.  We'll see how long this lasts, and whether or not Sony will stick to their guns.

-b0b
(...should have seen this coming!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1143 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 10:27am
Print Post  
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/20/africa/20nuke.php

Quote:
Iran has now produced roughly enough nuclear material to make, with added purification, a single atom bomb, according to nuclear experts analyzing the latest report from global atomic inspectors.

The figures detailing Iran's progress were contained in a routine update on Wednesday from the International Atomic Energy Agency, which has been conducting inspections of the country's main nuclear plant at Natanz. The report concluded that as of early this month, Iran had made 630 kilograms, or about 1,390 pounds, of low-enriched uranium.

Quote:
Several experts said that was enough for a bomb, but they cautioned that the milestone was mostly symbolic, because Iran would have to take additional steps. Not only would it have to breach its international agreements and kick out the inspectors, but it would also have to further purify the fuel and put it into a warhead design — a technical advance that Western experts are unsure Iran has yet achieved.

I'm sure alarmists will jump all over this one. Iran's enriched uranium is about 3-5% enrichment. you need 90% to make a bomb.  But hey lets just go into panic mode.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1144 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Details, shemales!

-b0b
(...!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1145 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 11:56am
Print Post  
shemales?!    Shocked

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1146 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 10:52am
Print Post  
http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/11/chinese-automakers-may-buy-gm-and-chrysler/

Quote:
Chinese carmakers SAIC and Dongfeng have plans to acquire GM and Chrysler, China’s 21st Century Business Herald reports today… The paper cites a senior official of China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology– the state regulator of China’s auto industry– who dropped the hint that “the auto manufacturing giants in China, such as Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) and Dongfeng Motor Corporation, have the capability and intention to buy some assets of the two crisis-plagued American automakers.”

hope its not legit, considering no reporting on this in the US.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1147 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 11:45am
Print Post  
I highly doubt GM or Ford would get bought wholesale by SAIC or Dongfeng (heh, I said dong).  Even Chrysler is somewhat iffy.

Now, purchasing some of their assets (namely factories) on Chinese soil I could definitely see.  I read an article a couple months back saying those factories were the only profitable assets GM owned, and I'm sure Ford/Chrysler are much the same.

Without a doubt, this would be very, very bad for America.  We don't have a whole lot of manufacturing capacity left, and manufacturing + capital = wealth.  We don't want to lose that, and surely not to those filthy commies.

-b0b
(...is just making this up as he goes.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1148 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
bob what was the thing you were telling me about at the lan where companies take out insurance on another companies' failure?

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1149 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Credit Default Swaps.

A CDS covers not only the total failure of another company, but their inability to cover a loan (defaulting).

-b0b
(...can provide other links as desired.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1150 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 12:32am
Print Post  
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1089966/Minority-Report-style-CCT...

Quote:
CCTV cameras which can 'predict' if a crime is about to take place are being introduced on Britain's streets.

The cameras can alert operators to suspicious behaviour, such as loitering and unusually slow walking. Anyone spotted could then have to explain their behaviour to a police officer.

The move has been compared to the Tom Cruise science-fiction film Minority Report, in which people are arrested before they commit planned offences.

...wow.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1151 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Although that sounds like some really cool technology, it is definitely being used for the wrong reason.  I could see this being useful for detecting traffic problems the require reengineering, or other handy and civically responsible things, but this is definitely a bad, bad idea.

-b0b
(...wonders how many false positives this system generates?)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1152 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/3530607/Lawyers-call-...

Taxes for all!!!

Quote:
Stephen Hockman QC is proposing a body similar to the International Court of Justice in The Hague to be the supreme legal authority on issues regarding the environment.

The first role of the new body would be to enforce international agreements on cutting greenhouse gas emissions set to be agreed next year.

But the court would also fine countries or companies that fail to protect endangered species or degrade the natural environment and enforce the "right to a healthy environment".

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1153 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
This just gives me a reason to pollute.  I don't now, but if this would come about...oh man...watch your drinking water moose!

X
(And yes, that's the plural kind too!)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1154 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 6:13am
Print Post