Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 166120 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #1335 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
If someone ended up "hugging" me like that...he or she would find my .45 in their gut.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1336 - Jun 23rd, 2010 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Charges dropped against man arrested after rushing wife to hospitalBy the CNN Wire Staff
June 22, 2010 5:02 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Chattanooga police Tuesday dropped charges against a man arrested for speeding and other violations as he tried to rush his wife to a hospital when it appeared she was having a stroke.

Police spokeswoman Lt. Kim Noorbergen said Hamilton County District Attorney General Bill Cox and Chattanooga Police Chief Mark Rawlston had reviewed the case of Eric "Jessie" Wright "and concluded the necessity for Mr. Wright to reach the hospital with his wife was greater than the offenses he was charged and arrested for."

"We deeply regret this incident has occurred and hope to meet with Mr. and Mrs. Wright at their earliest convenience to discuss the events of June 16," Noorbergen said, adding that an internal affairs investigation would continue and that the police department would also review policy and procedures to determine whether any changes should be made.

The officer involved, James Daves, was placed on paid administrative leave pending the conclusion of the internal affairs investigation, she said Monday.

Wright told CNN that he and his wife, Aline, were at their home Wednesday night when she began showing possible signs of a stroke, with symptoms including numbness in her arms and a facial droop. His wife, who lost a leg to cancer, ran the risk of having a stroke because of the chemotherapy used to fight the cancer, he said.

Wright, a trained emergency medic, said he took his wife's vital signs and decided to take her to the emergency room at nearby Erlanger Medical Center, where they both work. An ambulance would have taken an additional 20 to 30 minutes, he said.

Wright said after carrying his wife to their car, he called the medical center to report that they were on the way, and he drove with his emergency blinkers on, blew his horn and was cautious as he crossed the red lights.

Daves fell in behind Wright at an intersection, with his police car lights and siren on. Wright said he was too close to the hospital to stop, and upon arrival he immediately carried his wife to the emergency room because she did hot have her prosthetic leg.

The police officer confronted Wright and told him that he was going to send him to jail, Wright said. Wright said Daves also referred to him with an obscenity.

Daves could not be reached for comment. In his affidavit, in addition to saying that Wright nearly caused a collision, Daves wrote: "(The) defendant stopped in the ER entrance and jumped out and ran. Police made contact with Defendant at the passenger side of his vehicle and I grabbed the defendant's arm and he pushed me away scraping my arm with his fingernail. Defendant yelled and said it was an emergency.

"Defendant pushed through the crowd and carried a female back into the emergency room and placed her in a room with no permission of the hospital staff," Daves wrote.

He also said Wright's registration was expired.

Wright told CNN that at the hospital, Daves threatened to file felony charges against him. He said that after spending the night with his wife, he went to the jail to turn himself in. Jail personnel told him there were no warrants for his arrest, Wright said

But Friday morning, he was taken into custody by hospital security officers and taken to the Hamilton County jail where he spent the day before he was released on $7,500 bail, charged with seven felonies, Wright said.

All of the charges -- evading arrest, assault on a police officer, reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, registration violation and several traffic violations -- were dropped, Noorbergen said.

Wright said he feels that Daves' actions at the emergency room endangered his wife's health "and that he (Daves) was trumping up charges to get back at me."

CNN affiliate WTVC reported that Aline Wright was out of the hospital by Friday morning and, while she had stroke-like symptoms, she was not diagnosed as having had a stroke.

You will respect my authoritah!  I have no idea how this officer thought this kind of confrontation could possibly end up going well for him?

-b0b
(...dumb dumb dumb dumb!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1337 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 12:48am
Print Post  
This is just getting rediculous!

Quote:
'Don't Taze My Granny!'
By TIM HULL

(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.
     Lonnie Tinsley claims that he called 911 after he went to check on his grandmother, whom he found in her bed, "connected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose." She is "in marginal health, [and] takes several prescribed medications daily," and "was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds," so, Tinsley says, he called 911 "to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment to evaluate her."
     In response, "as many as ten El Reno police" officers "pushed their way through the door," according to the complaint.
The grandma, Lona Varner, "told them to get out of her apartment."
The remarkable complaint continues: "Instead, the apparent leader of the police [defendant Thomas Duran] instructed another policeman to 'Taser her!' He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.
"Lonnie Tinsley told them, 'Don't taze my Granny!' to which they responded that they would Taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor, handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.
"The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.
"The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.
"The police then grabbed Ms. Varner by her forearms and jerked hands together, causing her soft flesh to tear and bleed on her bed; they then handcuffed her.
"The police freed Lonnie Tinsley from his incarceration in the back of the police car and permitted him to accompany the ambulance with his grandmother."
Tinsley says the cops capped it all off by having his grandmother "placed in the psychiatric ward at the direction of the El Reno police; she was held there for six days and released."
"As a result of the wrongful arrest and detention, the plaintiff Lona M. Varner suffered the unlawful restraint of her freedom, bodily injury, assault, battery, the trashing of her apartment, humiliation, loss of personal dignity, infliction of emotional distress and medical bills."
     They seek punitive damages for constitutional violations, from the City of El Reno, Duran, Officers Frank Tinga and Joseph Sandberg, and 10 Officers Does.
     They are represented by Brian Dell of Oklahoma City.

I almost don't believe the story because police showed up to an emergency medical call, so many officers showed up, and just...just everything!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1338 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 11:45am
Print Post  
In the gun rights case McDonald vs. Chicago, McDonald wins!  The second amendment is now recognized as being "incorporated", meaning it applies to state and local governments!  Success!

http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php?option=com_altcaster&task=siteviewaltcast&a...

-b0b
(...cheers!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1339 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Ya but just like DC did, Chi-town is already writing up 95% of the laws back up and making it "near humanly impossible" (Mayor DeLay's words) to get one.  Registering, classes, qualifying, sending in ballistics, fingerprinting...McDonald is already refiling suit against DC because of it all.  Personally, I think this is a state and local issue, but how about putting it to a vote for the people.  Oh that's right, because DeLay loves the mob more than Chicagians and must love all the gangland violence.

X

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #1340 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
There's a lot of debate right now over unemployment benefits. What are your takes on the matter? The Dems are defending it saying that it creates jobs when they pay unemployment checks because people that get that money cannot save it but must spend it.

I don't know if anyone here gets this benefit but I hope I don't offend any of you.

I think there should be tighter restrictions on the unemployment benefits. For those of us that don't need them, we shouldn't get taxed as much, therefore allowing us to save or spend the extra money. Saving the money would build the financial industry back up and allow those who need the money to be better qualified for a loan. Spending the money would have the same effect as the benefits. The only difference is where the money may get spent.

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1341 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 1:19am
Print Post  
The benefits should not be allowed to be extended for years at a time. It is very easy to get complacent in your search. I know someone that got unemployment from a higher paying job and then took a lower paying job, and the unemployment stopped. Some people will just stay on unemployment because the pay is better than some jobs out there.

That is of course, a blanket statement, but from what I've seen as long as the unemployment is extended over and over, people will stay on it because it is calculated from a higher salary from a more prosperous era.

Tough situation we are in... people bought expensive homes and then took out equity loans to live like kings and now its coming back to bite them.

and so Pax Americana comes to a close...

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1342 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 5:21am
Print Post  
I agree with Briney.  I was on unemployement and I could have made more money on it than take this job, but that's not who I am.  It's nice that the money comes from businesses rather than just the government...but to have the government extend it is unnecessary government intrusion, especially federal intrusion.  I'd understand a bit more if the state or local areas had the solo say then that'd be a little bit different.

I can see why unemployement is good esp. in a sucky economy where you just can't automatically find a job...but the abuse of the lazy and the abuse of the government, like in all things, bogs down the advancement of American and the human spirit.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1343 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
Six Months Until the Largest Tax Hike in History
From Ryan Ellis on Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:15 PM

In just six months, the largest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect. They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves on January 1, 2011:

First Wave: Expiration of 2001 and 2003 Tax Relief

In 2001 and 2003, the GOP Congress enacted several tax cuts for investors, small business owners, and families. These will all expire on January 1, 2011:

Personal income tax rates will rise. The top income tax rate will rise from 35 to 39.6 percent (this is also the rate at which two-thirds of small business profits are taxed). The lowest rate will rise from 10 to 15 percent. All the rates in between will also rise. Itemized deductions and personal exemptions will again phase out, which has the same mathematical effect as higher marginal tax rates. The full list of marginal rate hikes is below:

- The 10% bracket rises to an expanded 15% +50%
- The 25% bracket rises to 28% +12%
- The 28% bracket rises to 31% +11.7%
- The 33% bracket rises to 36% +9%
- The 35% bracket rises to 39.6% +11.6%

Higher taxes on marriage and family. The “marriage penalty” (narrower tax brackets for married couples) will return from the first dollar of income. The child tax credit will be cut in half from $1000 to $500 per child. The standard deduction will no longer be doubled for married couples relative to the single level. The dependent care and adoption tax credits will be cut.

The return of the Death Tax. This year, there is no death tax. For those dying on or after January 1 2011, there is a 55 percent top death tax rate on estates over $1 million. A person leaving behind two homes and a retirement account could easily pass along a death tax bill to their loved ones.

Higher tax rates on savers and investors. The capital gains tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 20 percent in 2011. The dividends tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 39.6 percent in 2011. These rates will rise another 3.8 percent in 2013.

Second Wave: Obamacare

There are over twenty new or higher taxes in Obamacare. Several will first go into effect on January 1, 2011. They include:

The “Medicine Cabinet Tax” Thanks to Obamacare, Americans will no longer be able to use health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement (HRA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines (except insulin).

The “Special Needs Kids Tax” This provision of Obamacare imposes a cap on flexible spending accounts (FSAs) of $2500 (Currently, there is no federal government limit). There is one group of FSA owners for whom this new cap will be particularly cruel and onerous: parents of special needs children. There are thousands of families with special needs children in the United States, and many of them use FSAs to pay for special needs education. Tuition rates at one leading school that teaches special needs children in Washington, D.C. (National Child Research Center) can easily exceed $14,000 per year. Under tax rules, FSA dollars can be used to pay for this type of special needs education.

The HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike. This provision of Obamacare increases the additional tax on non-medical early withdrawals from an HSA from 10 to 20 percent, disadvantaging them relative to IRAs and other tax-advantaged accounts, which remain at 10 percent.

Third Wave: The Alternative Minimum Tax and Employer Tax Hikes

When Americans prepare to file their tax returns in January of 2011, they’ll be in for a nasty surprise—the AMT won’t be held harmless, and many tax relief provisions will have expired. The major items include:

The AMT will ensnare over 28 million families, up from 4 million last year. According to the left-leaning Tax Policy Center, Congress’ failure to index the AMT will lead to an explosion of AMT taxpaying families—rising from 4 million last year to 28.5 million. These families will have to calculate their tax burdens twice, and pay taxes at the higher level. The AMT was created in 1969 to ensnare a handful of taxpayers.

Small business expensing will be slashed and 50% expensing will disappear. Small businesses can normally expense (rather than slowly-deduct, or “depreciate”) equipment purchases up to $250,000. This will be cut all the way down to $25,000. Larger businesses can expense half of their purchases of equipment. In January of 2011, all of it will have to be “depreciated.”

Taxes will be raised on all types of businesses. There are literally scores of tax hikes on business that will take place. The biggest is the loss of the “research and experimentation tax credit,” but there are many, many others. Combining high marginal tax rates with the loss of this tax relief will cost jobs.

Tax Benefits for Education and Teaching Reduced. The deduction for tuition and fees will not be available. Tax credits for education will be limited. Teachers will no longer be able to deduct classroom expenses. Coverdell Education Savings Accounts will be cut. Employer-provided educational assistance is curtailed. The student loan interest deduction will be disallowed for hundreds of thousands of families.

Charitable Contributions from IRAs no longer allowed. Under current law, a retired person with an IRA can contribute up to $100,000 per year directly to a charity from their IRA. This contribution also counts toward an annual “required minimum distribution.” This ability will no longer be there.

I hope you guys have stocked up on Vaseline.

-b0b
(...it's going to hurt!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1344 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:35am
Print Post  

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1345 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 12:25am
Print Post  
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/07/if-you-buy-an-imported-watch-do-...

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/07/supreme-court-should-uphold-first-sale-doct...

According to the 9th circuit the following are now banned:

ebay, craig's list, garage/yard sales, used car sales, letting people borrow stuff, giving stuff away, letting people hold stuff for any amount of time.

Copyright has gotten so rediciuolous now because of the DMCA and these stupid rulings without thought.  Where's Tyler Durden for this kind of takedown?!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1346 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Wow, that's patently ridiculous (ha!).  Of course, I'd expect nothing less out of the ninth circuit.  Screw those guys.

-b0b
(...certainly hopes the Supreme Court takes this one.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1347 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
Shorewood Police arrest teen suspected of stealing chicken nuggets

WITI-TV, SHOREWOOD - Sharing or trading food during school lunchtime is not unheard of, but sharing landed one teenager in police handcuffs.

Ava Hernandez got a disturbing voicemail message from the Assistant Principal of Shorewood High School in March. Her 15-year-old brother Adam has been taken into police custody. She says, "It was because his friend had shared a lunch with him and he was accused of stealing was really, I don't know, it was just over the top."

Adam was accused of stealing chicken nuggets from a $2.60 meal. Those are the nuggets his friend, Gakaree Garner, gave to him. Garner says, "Although that month I was fasting so I couldn't eat meat, and we had chicken nuggets that day."

Garner gave the nuggets to Adam, who got in the lunch line to get some sauce for them. According to Garner and the police report the cafeteria cashier told the Assistant Principal Adam stole the chicken nuggets. The Assistant Principal then told the police officer in the school, who called a squad car. Garner says, "They actually put him in handcuffs, and actually tried to force him into the car."

Ava Hernandez says, "They were like, 'Well do you know that friend receives federally free lunch?', and I said, 'I do now.', and they said, 'Well, it's illegal to share a free lunch so either way Adam was breaking the law'."

Adam was issued a municipal citation for theft and a $170.00 fine, which he chose to fight in court to keep his record clean. A youth group Urban Underground trumpets Adam's cause, fighting against young people needlessly being put in the judicial system.

After garnering media attention the Shorewood Police Chief and High School Principal decided to withdraw the theft charges against Adam Hernandez, thus canceling scheduled court proceedings.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100719-chicken-nugget-caper,0,5907552.story

I'm glad to see the Thin Blue Line is putting their best foot forward in fighting crime.  I feel safer already.

-b0b
(...seriously, WTF?)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1348 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Hey you know that whole...slavery thing....ya...someone in Congress wants to bring it back!

Copy of bill - http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-H5741/text

http://www.examiner.com/x-60483-Long-Beach-City-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d26-Slavery...

Quote:
Slavery bill H.R. 5741 is now in debate
July 26, 9:31

H.R. 5741 is now being debated - 2 years of forced labor from everyone between 18 and 42
Google ImagesH.R. 5741 is currently being argued in the house of representatives. If passed, H.R. 5741 will give the president the power to require 2 years of compulsory service from every US resident between ages 18 and 42. That's not a misprint: everyone between ages eighteen and forty-two will be required to serve in any capacity at the president's whim.

This bill will destroy US commerce as citizens are reassigned to service. The bill's sponsor is Charles Rangel, a democrat from New York. The bill does not yet have a co-sponsor. It was introduced on July 15th and is now before the armed services committee.

Prison Planet reports, "Under this new legislation nearly all, able bodied Americans will be sentenced to two years of forced labor. The infrastructure is already in place for those unwilling to participate in mandatory service and now the army is looking to fill it’s ranks with Interment/Resettlement Specialists."

"The slavery bill is currently in debate in the House Committee on Armed Services chaired by Rep Ike Skelton a democrat from Missouri. Those who oppose mandatory slavery should contact Rep. Skelton. Many bills die in committee and this bill should meet the same fate."

The slavery bill H.R. 5741 is now being debated. It will allow the president to require 2 years of service between every US resident between 18 and 42. The Libertarian Examiner says. "The bill HR5741 is government sanctioned slavery. Read it and weep."

Try it...just try it.  I dare you!  Bullet prices will increase overnight and supply will dwindle to nothing but spitballs.  White people have heard for over 250 years how horrible slavery is...we don't want to experience it anytime soon!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1349 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. ranches in Texas
July 24, 11:18 AMSan Diego County Political Buzz ExaminerKimberly Dvorak

In what could be deemed an act of war against the sovereign borders of the United States, Mexican drug cartels have seized control of at least two American ranches inside the U.S. territory near Laredo, Texas.

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Word broke late last night that Laredo police have requested help from the federal government regarding the incursion by the Los Zetas. It appears that the ranch owners have escaped without incident but their ranches remain in the hands of the blood thirsty cartels.

Laredo Border Patrol is conducting aerial surveillance over the ranches to determine the best way to regain control of the U.S. ranches, according to the Laredo Police department.

The approximate location of the U.S. ranches are10 miles northwest of I-35 off Mines Road and Minerales Annex Road. Just off 1472 (Mines road) near Santa Isabel Creek north of the city of Laredo, Texas.

The Los Zetas drug cartel is an offshoot of the elite Mexican military trained in special ops. The mercenary organization is said to include members of corrupt Mexican Federales, politicians as well as drug traffickers. The group was once part of the Gulf cartel, but has since splintered and now directly competes with the Gulf cartel for premium drug smuggling routes in the Texas region.

The new leader of Los Zetas is Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano and is considered the most violent paramilitary group in Mexico by the DEA.

Recently the drug organization has kidnapped tourists, infiltrated local municipalities and continues to smuggle narcotics into a very hungry U.S. market.

The violence south of the border continues to spin out of control and has left Nuevo Laredo, Mexico on virtual lockdown with businesses refusing to open the doors. Last week a particularly violent attack by the Los Zetas included the use of grenades and resulted in a dozen deaths and 21 injuries.

The hostile takeover of the ranches has met with silence with local and national media; however sources say they could be waiting to report the stories once the ranches are back in U.S. control. This journalist questions if this was a Middle Eastern terrorist attack if the media would sit on their hands.

Stay tuned for updates reports throughout the weekend.

The article is obviously a bit biased.  However, if true, this I think it might be time for the US to really put Mexico in its place.  If this isn't sufficient cause for an armed an impenetrable border, nothing is.

-b0b
(...shakes his head in disgust.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 102
Send TopicPrint