Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 165962 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #330 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
Oliver Stone hints at darker 9/11 film in future

Moscow -- U.S. filmmaker Oliver Stone, who surprised many with the patriotic flavour of his new film World Trade Center, hinted in Moscow yesterday that he is considering a more controversial follow-up investigating the "conspiracy" around 9/11.

"There is a great story in a movie, a conspiracy by a group of people in the American administration who have an agenda and who used 9/11 to further that agenda," he told journalists in Russia.

There could be a "fascinating project [on] what happened after Sept. 11," the director said at his packed press conference on the fifth anniversary of the attacks.

Stone accused U.S. President George W. Bush of mishandling the fight against Osama bin Laden's militants and using the crisis to stoke fear and bolster his own power at home in a way that was "right out of George Orwell." AFP

Just think if this were to happen and Stone did it truly on the basis of the facts?  Think of not only the believers we could get but pull to the forefront our gripes and conerns about what really happened!  We would have more credibility to talk about this more.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #331 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Stone might have an "accident' should he really go for such lofty goals.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #332 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I don't know.  They'd have to do a really good job, plant drugs and booze if it's a car wreck or "suicide" him.  Let's see if the Hollywood controllers will give him the green light or if stiffleing him would draw more people in.  BTW if you haven't seen the JFK special edition with the added stuff he wasn't allowed to show...it's excellent, top notch.  Tex Marrs, who's been invastigating the JFK conspiracy for a long time, was the inspiration and technical consultant on the movie.  He's a good guy.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #333 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
I have a feeling that such a movie will never make it into production.  Most likely, Hollywood will kowtow to the opposition.  I don't think you realize how much most Americans hate the entire 9/11 conspiracy movement.  The hatred toward it on mainstream conservative forums is palpable.

-b0b
(...would definitely see such a movie, though.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #334 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Yeah a guy at work got pissed when I started talking about 9/11 Conspiracy.  I thought he was going to punch me in the face.

He even called me unpatriotic.  To which I responded - "I find it unpatriotic to allow my own government to act in such a way sir."

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #335 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I bet he got mad when you said sir.
Grin

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #336 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
You should've just dropkicked him square in the boys.

-b0b
(...would've.)
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006 at 9:18am by b0b »  

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #337 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
That's good your talking about it though.  Don't give up.  The more people we wake up to this lie the more we can fight back against it.  It's almost sad to know that the New World Order will prevail for a short time, but that doesn't mean we have to take it lying down.  It's amazing the strides we've made up to today.  Before we could have only whispered about 9/11 being an inside job.  Me in 2001 would probably attack the me of today for being "unpatriotic".  Yet it is the same when one becomes a Christian.  The old has passed away and a new person in brought forth.  We must keep fighting against evil...or it will win.

X

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #338 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
And with that Patsy I'd like to quote me some Terry Goodkind from the Sword of Truth series.

Wizard's Tenth Rule

""Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self."

Explanation by First Wizard Zeddicus Zu'l Zorrander -

""People for whatever reason who don't want to see the truth can be acutely hostile to it and shrill in their denunciation of it. They frequently turn their venomous antagonism on whoever dares to point out that truth ... To those seeking the truth, its a matter of simple, rational, self interest to always keep reality in view. Truth is rooted in reality, after all, not the imagaination."

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #339 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Quote:

Linky

Guns N Rollers airport terror t-shirt alert
Welcome to the bungle...or appetite for disruption

By Chris Williams
Published Monday 11th September 2006 16:28 GMT

Keen security personnel at Birmingham International Airport ordered a man to turn his t-shirt inside out because it bore a drawing of two crossed guns.

Staffordshire design engineer Dave Osbourne was wearing a Guns N Rollers t-shirt.

Guns N Rollers are a team in "an all-female roller derby league located in Portland Oregon", according to their website. Their logo is a tribute to that of hard rocking, hard drinking, legendarily fractious LA band Guns N Roses.

As he waited to board the flight to Newark, New Jersey, guards told Osbourne the graphic represented a security risk, and could upset other passengers. See here for a chilling picture of the deadly duds.

The 21-year-old said: "I am all for extra security, but this was just plain stupid."

Bosses at the airport apologised, admitting guards "over-reacted".

However, something altogether more sinister could be at work here. New Jersey is, of course, home to card-carrying poodle rockers Bon Jovi. We therefore suspect the airport security men working the passage to said Garden State are in their employ, discharging an old grudge against Axl Rose and Co. for putting the Golden Age of Spandex out of its misery.

It's a good thing they made him turn his shirt inside out, otherwise he might have tried to hijack the plane with it.  "Take this airplane where I tell you or I'll rub fabric softener in your eyes!"

I think I speak for the rest of America when I say I'm glad we have such brave men and women protecting us from drawings.  After he turned it inside out, I'm surprised some other nimrod security guard didn't immediately arrest him for carrying concealed.

We are about to reach the point where the earth implodes because it has reached the collected stupidity of humans has reached critical mass.

-b0b
(...calls for a ban on evil black assault t-shirts!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #340 - Sep 14th, 2006 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Well well well...What do we have here?

Quote:
Media ownership study ordered destroyed
FCC draft suggested fewer owners would hurt local TV coverage

WASHINGTON - The Federal Communications Commission ordered its staff to destroy all copies of a draft study that suggested greater concentration of media ownership would hurt local TV news coverage, a former lawyer at the agency says.

The report, written in 2004, came to light during the Senate confirmation hearing for FCC Chairman Kevin Martin.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif. received a copy of the report "indirectly from someone within the FCC who believed the information should be made public," according to Boxer spokeswoman Natalie Ravitz.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

(Note: In June of 2006, the FCC announced the start of a new review of media ownership, including a "series of public hearings on media ownership issues at diverse locations across the nation".  That review is still ongoing.)

'Every last piece' destroyed
Adam Candeub, now a law professor at Michigan State University, said senior managers at the agency ordered that "every last piece" of the report be destroyed. "The whole project was just stopped - end of discussion," he said. Candeub was a lawyer in the FCC's Media Bureau at the time the report was written and communicated frequently with its authors, he said.

In a letter sent to Martin Wednesday, Boxer said she was "dismayed that this report, which was done at taxpayer expense more than two years ago, and which concluded that localism is beneficial to the public, was shoved in a drawer."

Martin said he was not aware of the existence of the report, nor was his staff. His office indicated it had not received Boxer's letter as of midafternoon Thursday.

Local ownership benefits
In the letter, Boxer asked whether any other commissioners "past or present" knew of the report's existence and why it was never made public. She also asked whether it was "shelved because the outcome was not to the liking of some of the commissioners and/or any outside powerful interests?"

The report, written by two economists in the FCC's Media Bureau, analyzed a database of 4,078 individual news stories broadcast in 1998. The broadcasts were obtained from Danilo Yanich, a professor and researcher at the University of Delaware, and were originally gathered by the Pew Foundation's Project for Excellence in Journalism.

The analysis showed local ownership of television stations adds almost five and one-half minutes of total news to broadcasts and more than three minutes of "on-location" news. The conclusion is at odds with FCC arguments made when it voted in 2003 to increase the number of television stations a company could own in a single market. It was part of a broader decision liberalizing ownership rules.

Community responsiveness
At that time, the agency pointed to evidence that "commonly owned television stations are more likely to carry local news than other stations."

When considering whether to loosen rules on media ownership, the agency is required to examine the impact on localism, competition and diversity. The FCC generally defines localism as the level of responsiveness of a station to the needs of its community.

The 2003 action sparked a backlash among the public and within Congress. In June 2004, a federal appeals court rejected the agency's reasoning on most of the rules and ordered it to try again. The debate has since been reopened, and the FCC has scheduled a public hearing on the matter in Los Angeles on Oct. 3.

The report was begun after then-Chairman Michael Powell ordered the creation of a task force to study localism in broadcasting in August of 2003. Powell stepped down from the commission and was replaced by Martin in March 2005. Powell did not return a call seeking comment.

The authors of the report, Keith Brown and Peter Alexander, both declined to comment. Brown has left public service while Alexander is still at the FCC. Yanich confirmed the two men were the authors. Both have written extensively on media and telecommunications policy.

Yanich said the report was "extremely well done. It should have helped to inform policy."

Boxer's office said if she does not receive adequate answers to her questions, she will push for an investigation by the FCC inspector general.

Ya know, I would ask how they thought they could get away with this.  But then I realized, that no one will do anything about it.  Oh well.  The FCC is our friend...they protect us from naughty words and Janet Jackson's teet.  Well at least one thing is good.  But, come one.  Who here doesn't really believe the stuff we tell you about conspiracies.  This stuff is right in your face and they spit and laugh at you.

It's like a movie scene where there's a bully who's big and stupid and he pushes you down in the mud, makes fun of you in front of everyone, and then makes you eat dirt.  But what he doesn't realize is that you know kung fu and could easily kick his butt, you have the power.  That's like America, we have the power to do something.  Yet not many people realize it and think the government is in control of this country, when you read the Costitution you see that WE are the ones with the power!!!  DO SOMETHING!!!

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #341 - Sep 15th, 2006 at 12:13am
Print Post  
I pledge allegiance to lord Bush....

Quote:
Republicans Sign Along the Dotted Line

By Dana Milbank
Sunday, August 1, 2004; Page A05

I pledge allegiance to the . . . candidate?

Political campaigns are always eager to keep hecklers out of their pep rallies, but the Republican National Committee took that desire to a new level last week, requiring supporters to sign an oath of loyalty before receiving tickets to Saturday's New Mexico rally featuring Vice President Cheney.

The Albuquerque Journal reported on Friday that people seeking tickets to the Cheney event who could not be identified as GOP partisans -- contributors or volunteers -- were told they could not receive tickets unless they signed an endorsement form saying "I, (full name) . . . do herby (sic) endorse George W. Bush for reelection of the United States." The form warns that signers "are consenting to use and release of your name by Bush-Cheney as an endorser of President Bush."

The paper quoted a Republican official saying a "Democrat operative group" was trying to infiltrate the limited-seating event -- although the party apparently turned away uncommitted voters who simply wanted to hear Cheney speak.

RNC communications director Jim Dyke defended the practice on Friday. "Maybe we should start having joint fundraisers with the DNC," he mused. "Please."

John F. Kerry's campaign has charged that the Bush campaign routinely screens attendees of Bush's speeches, and the Democrats say they do not impose loyalty requirements on crowds for their nominee's speeches. This much is certainly true: If the Democrats are trying to keep crowds loyal, they aren't doing a very good job. When Kerry visited New Mexico a few weeks ago, a group of young men in the crowd waved flip-flops in the air during his speech and chanted, "Viva Bush!"

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #342 - Sep 15th, 2006 at 12:18am
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53ky3RIjfU

I don't know what people think about this...but I thought it was pretty f-ed up

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #343 - Sep 15th, 2006 at 8:55am
Print Post  
X wrote on Sep 14th, 2006 at 10:21pm:
That's like America, we have the power to do something.  Yet not many people realize it and think the government is in control of this country, when you read the Costitution you see that WE are the ones with the power!!!  DO SOMETHING!!!

If you think you've got any real power in this country, you're sadly mistaken.  You'll never be able to get a non-partisan candidate into any notable office at any level of government.  The only power we have in this country is the same as any other country - revolt.  We (currently) have the benefit of being armed, but nothing short of a catastrophic event will prod the American populace into armed resistance.  We're a far cry from that, trust me.

-b0b
(...meh.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #344 - Sep 15th, 2006 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Hey Pat, here's a conspiracy theory for you that I've brewed up over the past few days.  Oil prices are still relatively high, having only dropped a couple dollars over the past few weeks.  Mind you, a strategic US oil pipeline is still damaged and offline, thereby keeping 8% of domestic oil deposits inaccessible.

Why is gas so cheap, then?

One word: Primaries.  The mid-term election season is in full swing.

-b0b
(...wonders what Stewie thinks.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 102
Send TopicPrint