Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 165944 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #345 - Sep 16th, 2006 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
You hit the nail on the head, Bob-o.  We have more oil turned off right now and are in control of more oil than ever before.  Yet someone, gas comes down to the low $2 mark?  This is a two fold approach.  A) The primaries...you liik at the gripes that Americans have with their "pathetic little lives" and gas prices are now out of the top 5.  The philosophy is "See, we CAN work for you".  B) They are conditioning people to accept a far higher price than should even be necessary.  YEAH GAS IS $2.40!!!  But wait, gas was considered expensive at that price when we jumped in 2000 from the $0.85 - $1.50 prices and we hufted and puffed about it going over $2!  People treat gas prices like they treat the weather.  Everyone complains about it but no one does anything about it.  Well you CAN do something about it.  However that would require people to stand for something and work for it, instead of trusting our "superior leaders".....who are in control of those oil prices. LOL.

If you don't believe this a ploy for us to remain sedated look at what the Republicans have done recently.  BOOM!  Dropped the issue of illegal immigration and focused soley on terrorism.  That's a game they can win.  Why?  Because fear is the best motivator of the mob.  Again I would point you to the list of the top 5 concerns of the people.  Terrorism moved from number 5 to number 1.  Isn't that interesting.  When we're conerned less about terrorism we suddenly have a scare and the concerns go back up.  Take for example the days before elections of 2004.  Not only were we talking about this pie in the sky terrorist attack that would halt the elections but Bush's "intelligence" agencies reports some Arabs had crossed the Mexican boarder and were in Boston with dangerous chemicals.  This was played heavily on CNN, FOX, MSNBC threw the entrie election days...then it just disappeared.  What happend?  Well in fact that "intelligence" was 2 BLEEPIN years old!!!  Come on people!!!  How do you expect this nation to stand when we fall for this again and again and again!?  I'm so close to quiting on caring about other people it makes me sick.

In other news...http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/911_gas_station_video_released.htm .

He he...debate this one!  I need to cool off for a while before I take this on.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #346 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I would request that everyone download the movie America From Freedom To Fascism

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/860639/Demonoid_com_AMERICA_Freedom_To_Fascism...

It will make you very angry at what our "perfect government" is doing to us!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #347 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
http://www.ybw.com/ibinews/newsdesk/20060814154923ibinews.html

US federal judge declares boating illegal in all US navigable waters

By IBI Magazine

In a rather bizarre ruling that has marine industry officials worried, Judge Robert G. James of the United States District Court, Western Division of Louisiana, has said that it is criminal trespass for the American boating public to boat, fish, or hunt on the Mississippi River and other navigable waters in the US.

In the case of Normal Parm v. Sheriff Mark Shumate, James ruled that federal law grants exclusive and private control over the waters of the river, outside the main shipping channel, to riparian landowners. The shallows of the navigable waters are no longer open to the public. That, in effect, makes boating illegal across most of the country.

"Even though this action seems like a horrible pre-April fools joke, it is very serious," said Phil Keeter, MRAA president, in a statement. "Because essentially all the waters and waterways of our country are considered navigable in the US law, this ruling declares recreational boating, water skiing, fishing, waterfowl hunting, and fishing tournaments to be illegal and the public subject to jail sentences for recreating with their families."

Last month, James rejected the findings of the Magistrate judge who found earlier that the American public had the right under federal law and Louisiana law to navigate, boat, fish, and hunt on the waters of the Mississippi river up to the normal high water line of the river. Judge James Kirk relied on the long established federal principles of navigation that recognized the public navigational rights "…entitles the public to the reasonable use of navigable waters for all legitimate purposes of travel or transportation, for boating, sailing for pleasure, as well as for carrying persons or property for hire, and in any kind of watercraft the use of which is consistent with others also enjoying the right possessed in common."

"MRAA is working with the Coast Guard, state boating law administrators, and NMMA to fight this onerous ruling," said Glen Mazzella, MRAA chairman, in the statement.

This is easily the stupidest thing I've heard all week.  Of course, it's only Monday, so I don't expect that to last long...

-b0b
(...is dumbfounded.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #348 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
You could only expect such a ruling from a judge named James Kirk...

~BRiney

(...Picard RuL3Z!)

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #349 - Sep 19th, 2006 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
Canadian police errors led to man's torture -probe
18 Sep 2006 22:19:55 GMT
Source: Reuters
Printable view | Email this article | RSS XML [-] Text [+]

(Adds quotes from Arar, government, lawyer. Please note unusual spelling of Marlys Edwardh in second last paragraph)

By David Ljunggren

OTTAWA, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Canadian police wrongly identified an Ottawa software engineer as an Islamic extremist, prompting U.S. agents to deport him to Syria, where he was tortured, an official inquiry concluded on Monday.

Maher Arar, who holds Canadian and Syrian nationality, was arrested in New York in September 2002 and accused of being an al-Qaeda member. In fact, said the judge who led the probe, all the signs point to the fact Arar was innocent.

Arar, 36, says he was repeatedly tortured in the year he spent in Damascus jails, and the inquiry agreed that he had been tortured. He was freed in 2003.

Judge Dennis O'Connor, who was asked by the Canadian government in 2004 to examine what had happened, found the Royal Canadian Mounted Police had wrongly told U.S. authorities that Arar was an Islamic extremist.

"The provision of this inaccurate information ... (was) totally unacceptable" and guaranteed the United States would treat Arar as a serious threat, O'Connor said.

"I am able to say categorically that there is no evidence to indicate that Mr Arar has committed any offense or that his activities constitute a threat to the security of Canada."

Civil rights advocates said the case of Arar and three other Canadians who ended up in Syrian jails raised suspicions that Canada might be outsourcing interrogation to nations where torture was commonplace.

O'Connor said the case of the other three men was troubling and warranted further investigation. But he found no evidence that the Canadian government had played any direct role in the U.S. decision to deport Arar to Syria.

Arar, calling on the government to hold accountable the officials he said were responsible for his ordeal, had tears in his eyes when asked by reporters for his reaction.

"Today Justice O'Connor has cleared my name and restored my reputation," said Arar, who has launched a lawsuit against Ottawa seeking compensation.

O'Connor's three-volume report castigated the Mounties for slipshod work in the wake of the 9/11 suicide attacks.

It said the Mounties exaggerated Arar's importance and later asked U.S. customs agents to put Arar and his wife on a special watch list, calling them "Islamic extremist individuals suspected of being linked to the Al Qaeda terrorist movement".

U.S. agencies declined to be questioned by O'Connor as to why they had deported Arar.

"I do conclude it is very likely that they relied on information received from the RCMP in making the decision to remove Mr Arar to Syria," the judge wrote.

Public Security Minister Stockwell Day, who has overall responsibility for the forces of law and order, said he was satisfied with the finding that Canadian officials had not played a direct role in the U.S. decision to deport Arar to Syria.

"What happened to Mr Arar is very regrettable. We hope ... never to see this happen again," he told reporters.

Arar first came to police attention in October 2001 when he was seen talking to another man already being investigated for possible al-Qaeda links.

O'Connor found that police made a number of serious mistakes in the Arar case.

The unit probing possible terror networks was poorly supervised and was comprised largely of financial fraud experts, who had little experience of national security cases.

Police gave all the files from their probe to the United States without screening the data for inaccuracies or following internal rules that limited what they could hand over.

"It was a breathtakingly incompetent investigation ... a disaster," said Marlys Edwardh, a lawyer for Arar.

O'Connor criticized unnamed Canadian officials, whom he said had leaked confidential and sometimes inaccurate information about Arar both before and after his release in a bid to demonstrate he really was a threat to national security.

See this is why we need the courts...to keep a check and balance on the executive branch.  If I was this guy...I would walk into CNN, FOX news, MSNBC, and any and all TV stations I could get on and tell my story.  Then I would sue the govt for a trillion dollars.  Of course the govt has this nice little law that says that you can only sue them if they let you.  Of course if you try to find the law that requires you to pay income tax...that's another story.

X
(Makes me sick)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #350 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 12:21pm
Print Post  

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060923/D8KAHRNG0.html
Quote:
The French defense ministry on Saturday called for an internal investigation of the leak of an intelligence document that raises the possibility that Osama bin Laden may have died of typhoid in Pakistan a month ago but said the report of the death remained unverified.

hes been dead imo!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #351 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Well gee who hasn't been saying he's dead for years now.  A man who's halfway dead and has to go to an American hospital in Dubi for dialasis isn't going to be hold up in some cave for 5 years.  He served his purpose and now the govt has to say..."Ohh look WE drove him to death...oops here's his new successor."  And of course his new succor will announce after the story is confiremed and no one will question it.  Then we'll just wait for a dirty bomb to go off and within 5 minutes attack Iran, Dick Cheney says he has standby orders all set.

Yea...we're being screwed over by men who think they are our leaders!!!

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #352 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I want to show everyone here why gun control laws are moronic!  This is a story about PA tightening up gun laws.

Quote:
Pennsylvania becomes center of gun-control debate

By Jon Hurdle 2 hours, 21 minutes ago

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (Reuters) - Pennsylvania lawmakers held a special session on Tuesday to discuss 94 initiatives to tighten the state's relatively loose gun controls in an effort to reduce gun crime.

Now here we see that PA lawmakers believe gun crime is high because of loose gun control laws.

Quote:
The two-day meeting was attended by the mayors of New York and Trenton, New Jersey, who believe their cities' crime rates are affected by the laxer rules in Pennsylvania. The state has one of the strongest pro-gun lobbies in the country.

"What happens in Pennsylvania or any other state doesn't stay in Pennsylvania or any other state," New York's Michael Bloomberg told a news conference. "We can't fight illegal guns from behind state lines." He said 85 percent of the guns used by criminals in New York originated outside the city.

And here we see lord Bloomberg blaming PA on NY's gun violence.  HOWEVER he wants to fight "ILLEGAL guns".  This is moronic.  If PA gives gun they are not illegal, they are legal.  If Bloomberg wants to fight illegal guns, he shouldn't be concerned with legal guns out of PA.

Quote:
Pennsylvania, a largely rural state, has an estimated 1 million hunters and 250,000 members of the National Rifle Association, the biggest national gun advocacy group.

The state House of Representatives met in a rare "Committee of the Whole" session to take non-binding votes designed to let legislators debate with less partisan pressure. Bills that pass will be introduced into the statehouse and could become law.

The mayors of eight Pennsylvania cities also attended the meeting. Among the proposals was one to restore the ability of local governments to set their own gun laws. The state took that power away from Philadelphia in 1995.

Hmm how come no one blames the state for taking the power out of the hands of local governments to set their own gun laws?  That is amazing...nope all the gun violence must be those NRA and hunting bastards.

Quote:
Some 285 people have been murdered in Philadelphia so far this year, 86 percent of them with guns, said the city's police commissioner, Sylvester Johnson. There were 274 murders in the same period last year.

It's amazing that this story doesn't site any evidence of the guns being either legal or illegal.  Just that there were 285 people murdered and 222 were committed by guns.  What about those other murders?  Were they done by knives?  Cars? Axes?  Why not crack down on those?  That would still mean 63 people were murdered without guns.  That's still a lot of people.  Also, the story says there were 274 murders last year.  Why no statistics on which of those were gun related?  Is it because they want people to briefly read this without thinking and believe that all those 274 murders were carried out with guns?  Again, my main point is that the story does not specify the legallity or illegality of the guns used in murders.

Quote:
Hundreds of gun-control campaigners from Philadelphia met on the steps of the state capitol demanding stricter controls.

Titus Brown, a prison social worker who came to Harrisburg, said guns were too easily available to young people. Brown's 20-year-old son -- whose picture he carried on his backpack -- was shot dead after an argument on a West Philadelphia street.

"Things used to be settled with fisticuffs," said Brown, 60. "Now these boys are using guns."

Charles Fox, an NRA member who came to Harrisburg to oppose the gun-control proposals, said a proposal limiting purchases to one a month would have no effect on gun crime and would restrict his right to bear arms as enshrined in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

"I resent any infringement on that right," he said. "The way to deal with it is to deal with the criminals."

Proponents say the limit is meant to stop people from buying guns and reselling them illegally.

Another proposal would require owners to report lost or stolen guns within 24 hours.

Again, was the gun used to kill this poor man's son legal?  If not then go after illegal guns and gun shop owners who don't follow the law.  Also, how stupid is it to believe that limiting the purchase of a gun to once a month will decrease crime?  How many murders have thought..."darn, if I only had 6 more guns with me I could do some damage?"  And, also, why doesn't this state already have a law to report lost/stolen guns?  And what if the owner doesn't know it is lost or stolen?

The moral of the story is that 1.3 million crimes per year are prevented due to citizenry being armed.  That means 1.3 million more crimes could have been comitted.  Also, illegal guns are bad and legal guns are good.  There should be some restrictions but an armed citizenry is a good thing.  I would like to know, and I hope the lawmakers are smart enough to ask (ha ha ha ha ha ha) how much crime is comitted with legal guns than with illegal.  Know your numbers people...they'll come in handy right before they take them away from us...just like they did in New Orleans.

X
(*star beams overhead*...The More You Know)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #353 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Yanno, there is one statistic that is blaringly absent - how many crimes were committed in New York City by guns legally purchased in Pennsylvania?

I'm going to abstain from getting into the ridiculous gun control debate lest I wast the entire morning typing a four page thesis that won't be read.

-b0b
(...thinks you guys know his opinion on the matter.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #354 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Awww, I was expecting a thesis from you, bob.

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #355 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 11:56am
Print Post  
I think somewhere on this forums I posted MY thesis that I did for a class entitle "More Gun, Less Crime".  If it's up there THAT'S a thesis.

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #356 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
Judge rejects Ashcroft's immunity claim

By REBECCA BOONE, Associated Press Writer Wed Sep 27, 9:09 PM ET

BOISE, Idaho - Former U.S. Attorney General
John Ashcroft could be called to testify in a lawsuit that claims a student was wrongly imprisoned in a computer terrorism case, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge rejected Ashcroft's argument to toss out the lawsuit because he was entitled to absolute immunity since his position at the
Department of Justice was prosecutorial.

Abdullah al-Kidd, who played football for the University of Idaho, claimed government wrongfully arrested him in the case against a fellow student, Sami Omar Al-Hussayen, in 2003.

They both worked for the Islamic Assembly of North America, a Michigan-based charitable organization that federal investigators said funneled money to activities supporting terrorism and published material advocating suicide attacks on the United States.

A jury acquitted Al-Hussayen of using his computer skills to foster terrorism and of three immigration violations after an eight-week federal trial. But Al-Hussayen — who was only months from finishing his doctorate study at the University of Idaho — was eventually deported to Saudi Arabia.

Al-Kidd was never called to testify, but he spent two weeks in jail as a material witness and was later released to the custody of his wife with strict limitations on where he could travel.

His lawsuit claimed Ashcroft was personally liable for violating his rights because after the terrorist attacks Ashcroft "created a national policy to improperly seek material witness warrants, oversaw the execution of such warrants, and failed to correct the constitutional violations of conducting such actions," according court documents. Al-Kidd said the investigation and detainment not only caused him to lose a scholarship to study in Saudi Arabia, but that it cost him employment opportunities.

The ruling also means U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez and others in the Department of
Homeland Security could be called to testify in the lawsuit.

"We are literally reviewing it at this minute and no, we have not made any decisions at this time," Charles Miller, spokesman for the Justice Department's civil division, said of the ruling.

Al-Kidd's attorney, Lee Gelernt with the ACLU's national headquarters in New York, called the ruling a "vindication" for al-Kidd.

"It will hopefully deter the government from using the material witness statute in the future in the way they did after Sept. 11," Gelernt said.

Al-Kidd is asking the judge to declare that the federal government's actions were unconstitutional, to order the
FBI and other agencies to expunge any records relating to the unlawful detention of al-Kidd and others, and for unspecified damages.

Umm what?  Hey Ashy just because you SAY you have absolute immunity doesn't mean you HAVE absolute immunity.  For example, if a prosecutor were to try a person who he fully knew didn't do the crime that person was charged with, that prosecutor wouldn't only, or at least should, get disbarred, but also could have criminal charges brought against him.  Also, if he's so "prosecutorial" then why did he just throw this innocent, poor guy into a secret CIA prison without any trial?  I think in order for him to claim to be "prosecutorial" you must....ya know....legally proescute someone!  I think this would be more like kidnapping.  However a suit under the Reco law and you could sue him and the govt for illegal actions of conspiracy and organization crime.  That would mean huge fines and the higher up who knew about this and other cases would get their Molec worshiping butts thrown into prison.  Unfortuneatly they couldn't be thrown into the depths of the abyss where they should go...but we'll just have to wait until the Lord comes for that.

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #357 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
[quote]Man forced off plane by fellow passengers

By JESSICA BERNSTEIN-WAX

The Associated Press

MADRID, Spain — A Spanish university professor with a long beard and dark complexion said Thursday he was briefly forced off an airliner during a layover on the Spanish island of Mallorca by passengers who feared he was an Islamic terrorist.

Pablo Gutierrez Vega said he was humiliated when three German passengers on an Air Berlin flight approached him during a layover in Palma de Mallorca on Aug. 30 en route from Seville, Spain, to Dortmund, Germany, and asked to search his carry-on luggage.

The men told him that other passengers were frightened by his appearance, said Gutierrez Vega, 35, a law professor at the University of Seville.

"They treated me like an Islamic terrorist because of my appearance," Gutierrez Vega said, according to an account posted Thursday on the Web site of the newspaper El Pais.

The airline confirmed the incident and called it regrettable.

"I acknowledged that we contributed to this man going through something very unpleasant," said Air Berlin's managing director for Spain and Portugal, Alvaro Middelmann.

After realizing the men were not undercover police officers, Gutierrez Vega refused to hand over his luggage. The pilot then approached the group and led the professor to the runway so they could speak in private.

"The pilot said the passengers believed I was a Muslim," Gutierrez Vega said.

On the runway, the pilot apologized for the incident and said he was willing to expel the passengers who confronted him and continue the flight with Gutierrez Vega on board. The pilot also said he could take Gutierrez Vega's luggage into the cockpit to pacify the other passengers.

Gutierrez Vega said he decided to get back on the plane and store his luggage in the cockpit "because I didn't want to cause any problems."

Thank you Germany for once again making all white people look bad by not knowing the difference between Spanish and Middle Eastern.  And remember children...spying on other people and reporting them is fun...and you'll make money...use it even on your parents!!!  Are they making you eat your vegatable?  Not allowing you to see Jack@$$ 2 on a schoolnight?  Are they not giving you enough video games?  Then report their sorry butts to Operation TIPS c/o the DHS!  Remember that it's only not true if you say so!

X

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #358 - Oct 1st, 2006 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216898,00.html

Officers fired 110 rounds of ammunition at the man suspected of killing a sheriff's deputy, killing the suspect, according to an autopsy released by the sheriff's office.

Angilo Freeland — who was suspected of fatally shooting the deputy after being pulled over for speeding Thursday — was hit 68 times by the SWAT team members' shots, the examination released Saturday showed.

He also was suspected of wounding a deputy and killing a police dog.

What?!

He was suspected!! No word if he was armed! I blame the cops for recklessness, unless more details come out on what happened. Plus 68 out of 110 rounds cant be good for a swat team.

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #359 - Oct 1st, 2006 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Ah but here's where we need to clarrify a few points you've made.

When it says he was a suspect that means he hasn't been tried yet.  A person is always considered a suspect up until the time when he's ruled by a jury and court to be guilty.  Just remember your COPS episodes "All SUSPECTS are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law".  So don't let that fool you, it's just legal mumbojumbo.  For example, if I killed 30 people in front of live TV cameras and in front of 50 people...I would still be a "suspect" yes I am realistically the one who did it...but legally speaking I'm not the person who did it until I'm found guilty.

Also, there is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS more details than what's in the paper.  They don't release everything until they are sure they have the right person and you have to assume the old adage of "if it bleeds it leads" from the newpaper business.  So don't take that to heart too much.

68 our of 110 rounds are excellent for a SWAT team...in a wooded area.  These people aren't snipers with the one shot one kill policy.  If they go in and the suspect doesn't give up.  They are going to keep firing until he/she is D-O-W-N.  They will be, as there always is, a shooting review board to see if everything was justified and since this story got so much press and the guy shot a cop, well 2 of them since a police dog is a sworn officer, it'll be a lot more careful.

I am worried whether or not it was justified to shoot the guy but I'm going to err on the side of caution here and not make up my mind yet.

I would say...give the cops some credit...not all of them are NWO New Yorker cops.

X

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 102
Send TopicPrint