Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 165838 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #690 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 11:16am
Print Post  
I absolutely agree, Stewie.  I understand the importance of protecting trade secrets and intellectual property, but a line must be drawn somewhere.

Without a doubt, the importance of protecting the integrity of the election process far outweighs the importance of protecting the intellectual property of a ballot device manufacturer.  This problem is extremely simple to fix.  The Fed.Gov can easily pass a law requiring all ballot devices used in federal, state, and municipal elections to be open source (and provide paper ballot receipts).  I fail to see the problem with this.

-b0b
(...boggles at the stupidity.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #691 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Another thing is what stops the federal government into saying that all documents it comes up with are "trade secrets" as well?  They could claim that they are developing things to improve their business they are in and keep everything form the American people.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #692 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bradenton man arrested for pointing finger

Posted on Tuesday May 01, 2007 by Amanda Stanzilis

BRADENTON -

A Bradenton man is facing assault charges after police say he pointed his finger and yelled at an off-duty sheriff’s deputy

Two things ray miller says you should know about him. One, he hates Muscovy Ducks.

“Our parking garage is littered with their feces. It’s like little bombs through there,” and two, he's a law-abiding citizen.

He has no criminal record at least until now.

Miller says it started when he and his wife saw someone feeding the ducks. They asked the woman to stop, but she ignored them. When she finally replied, miller says she told him "I’m a police officer, I can do what I want.”

The woman was Manatee County Sheriff's Deputy Kym Bennett. Bennett and Miller argued for a few minutes about the ducks, and about whether deputy Bennett was trespassing on the property since she didn't live in the condos there.

Miller says his wife decided to call the Bradenton Police department to ask them for a legal opinion on what they could do about the situation. But when police arrived, miller was in for a surprise.

deputy Bennett told police that miller had been aggressive, and had pointed his finger at her. Bennet pressed assault charges. Miller was arrested and taken to jail.

ABC 7 spoke with an attorney about this case. Mark Lipinski told us "I've never seen a case like this, don't know anybody who's seen a case like this. I've asked all the attorneys in the area, they've never heard of anything like this."

Lipinski says he understands why miller is crying foul. He says, "next time you want to shake your finger at somebody, you better think twice."

Miller thinks the whole thing is absurd. He will be arraigned in May 29th.

I hope this guy takes the PD to the cleaners.  Since when is NOT touching someone consider assault?  If what this guy says she said is true...that's scary.  I think it might be ever scarier that this was over some ducks.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #693 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Pointing your finger?  For crying out loud, that's absolutely ridiculous!

-b0b
(...agrees with Stewie's assessment.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #694 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 8:14am
Print Post  
If thats true, then looking at someone (angry eyes) could be considered assault.  Quick everyone gouge out your eyes so you don't go to jail!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #695 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 9:26am
Print Post  
What if your scary non-eyes frightened some random child?  Assault!

-b0b
(...yeah!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #696 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Well you could counter sue if that child screams...as we saw in the news story about the parents who could spend a few days in jail because their kid was having too much fun playing in their pool and those stupid neighbors called the cops.

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #697 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 11:08am
Print Post  
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1182914724179260.x...

Ya...because RIAA is such a nice organization that is supported by all the artists and is needed today to use these unconstitutional practices without any legal ramifications.   If RIAA survives this...I'll be surprised.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #698 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Meh, the world will never notice.

-b0b
(...sighs.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #699 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 12:12am
Print Post  
http://www.wired.com/politics/onlinerights/news/2007/06/ron_paul

Ok read this article...then ask yourself...what would happen if they were talking about Rudy or McCaine or Obama, etc.

This article makes it sound like people should not support a candidate they want and if you read further it makes it sound like "getting out there and supporting a candidate" is something we should frown upon.  Becaues, God forbid, that more than half the country should vote!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #700 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:44am
Print Post  
YEEEEEEEEEAH!  Amnesty is dead!  Suck it, libtards!

Quote:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q1T8CO0&show_article=1

Senate Blocks Immigration Bill       
Jun 28 11:29 AM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Senate drove a stake Thursday through President Bush's plan to legalize millions of unlawful immigrants, likely postponing major action on immigration until after the 2008 elections.

This is a breaking news update. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP)—The Senate voted Thursday on an effort by opponents to stop a bill supported by President Bush to legalize millions of unlawful immigrants while also tightening the border against future immigrants.

The critical vote determining the bill's fate began shortly after 11 a.m. EDT.

Bush, seeking to salvage the biggest domestic initiative of his final two years in office, called senators earlier in the morning seeking help.

However, supporters needed 60 votes in the 100-member Senate to keep the bill alive. Aligned against it were conservatives who derided the legislation as a grant of amnesty for illegal behavior and some Democrats who said it would leave a new group of temporary workers vulnerable to exploitation.

Supporters pointed to the bill's tougher border security and workplace enforcement measures, along with an immediate infusion of $4.4 billion to pay for them, as reasons to keep the bill alive for a final vote Friday.

The carefully crafted compromise was left for dead after a similar vote three weeks ago but was revived by Bush and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, who gave opponents more chances to change it.

It's time to celebrate!

-b0b
(...busts out the roofies.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #701 - Jul 1st, 2007 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/01/lieberman-domestic-spying

Ya know I'd probably buy Liberman's comments more if it wasn't for the fact that the authorities "stopped" these "attacks" so it sounds like the current system is working ya faux concerned representative!

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #702 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 9:52am
Print Post  
I remember someone posting a link to a story or video about the police officer choking a bunch of skateboarders. 
Here's a follow-up to that article.

Quote:
Cop Cleared of Wrongdoing in Skateboarder Choking Incident
Tuesday, July 03, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — A police officer who appeared to choke a skateboarder in a video posted online has been cleared of any wrongdoing by an internal review board.

The Hot Springs Police Department Internal Affairs Board found the use of force was within the police department's policy on non-deadly force and recommended "no changes to this policy." The decision was released Monday.

Officer Joey Williams stopped a group of skateboarders June 21 on a downtown city sidewalk. Skateboarding is banned in the area.

The video shows Williams apparently choking one of the skateboarders after forcing him to the ground, then later chasing and wrestling two others while holding them in a headlock.

"This was a minimal force issue," Police Chief Bobby Southard told The Sentinel-Record. "He didn't resort to anything above hand control techniques and handcuffing."

Southard said Williams, who had been put on administrative leave, will return to bike patrol downtown Thursday. Six skateboarders — two adults and four juveniles — have court dates pending.

-b0b
(...waits for the inevitable civil suit.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #703 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Now I haven't gone through any academy training and I don't have any experience first hand.  However, the video clearly shows the officer chocking the kid after he's got him down.  Not to mention he arrests the kids with him for filming the incident.  I do have to say that the cop can run, esp after that first kid.  I thought for sure that the first kid was going to run with the handcuffs.  I can understand if a city doesn't want skateboarders downtown...but making it an arrestable offense?  That's just too much.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #704 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
I found a video today that contains an insanely powerful collection of images of our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Sometimes you just have to cut through the politics and remember that we've got real men and women fighting over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervaMPt4Ha0

Surprisingly, it was assembled by a 16-year old.

-b0b
(...needed to get his head straight again.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 102
Send TopicPrint