Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 102 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Cry freedom! (Read 165878 times)
spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Re: Cry freedom!
Reply #825 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Last time I got a vaccine the CIA put a chip in my head that is stealing my brain waves.

But totally for serial, vaccines help far more people than they hurt.  I feel a "quit your bitchin!" coming on.

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #826 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
vaccines help far more people than they hurt

Really?  And you can prove this?  Or do you just say they're good because the nice men in lab coats tell you?

I can prove just the opposite if you'd like.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #827 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
X wrote on Oct 5th, 2007 at 4:16pm:
I can prove just the opposite if you'd like.

Please do.

-b0b
(...polio, anyone?)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #828 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Ok just give me this weekend and I'll give you a great write up with videos, documents, links, and all around good stuff.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #829 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
We await your post with bated breath.

-b0b
(...nods.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #830 - Oct 8th, 2007 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bush, Texas clash over death sentence

By Mark Sherman, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Texas wants President Bush to get out of the way of the state's plan to execute a Mexican for the brutal killing of two teenage girls.

Bush, who presided over 152 executions as governor of Texas, wants to halt the execution of Jose Ernesto Medellin in what has become a confusing test of presidential power that the Supreme Court ultimately will sort out.

The president wants to enforce a decision by the International Court of Justice that found the convictions of Medellin and 50 other Mexican-born prisoners violated their rights to legal help as outlined in the 1963 Vienna Convention.

That is the same court Bush has since said he plans to ignore if it makes similar decisions affecting state criminal laws.

"The president does not agree with the ICJ's interpretation of the Vienna Convention," the administration said in arguments filed with the court. This time, though, the U.S. agreed to abide by the international court's decision because ignoring it would harm American interests abroad, the government said.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: George W Bush | Supreme Court | Texas | Mexican | Medellin | International Court of Justice | Jose Ernesto Medellin | Jennifer Ertman

Texas argues strenuously that neither the international court nor Bush, his Texas ties notwithstanding, has any say in Medellin's case.

Ted Cruz, the Texas solicitor general, said the administration's position would "allow the president to set aside any state law the president believes is inconvenient to international comity."

The Supreme Court will hear arguments in the case Wednesday.

Medellin was born in Mexico but spent much of his childhood in the United States. He was 18 in June 1993, when he and other members of the Black and Whites gang in Houston encountered Jennifer Ertman and Elizabeth Pena on a railroad trestle as the girls were taking a shortcut home.

Ertman, 14, and Pena, 16, were gang-raped and strangled. Their bodies were found four days later.

Medellin was arrested a few days after the killings. He was told he had a right to remain silent and have a lawyer present, but the police did not tell him that he could request assistance from the Mexican consulate under the 1963 treaty.

Medellin gave a written confession. He was convicted of murder in the course of a sexual assault, a capital offense in Texas. A judge sentenced him to death in October 1994.

Medellin did not raise the lack of assistance from Mexican diplomats during his trial or sentencing. When he did claim his rights had been violated, Texas and federal courts turned him down because he had not objected at his trial.

Then, in 2003, Mexico sued the United States in the International Court of Justice in The Hague on behalf of Medellin and 50 other Mexicans on death row in the U.S. who also had been denied access to their country's diplomats following their arrests.

Mexico has no death penalty. Mexico and other opponents of capital punishment have sought to use the court, also known as the World Court, to fight for foreigners facing execution in the U.S.

The international court ruled for Mexico in 2004, saying the sentences and convictions should be reviewed by U.S. courts.

Medellin's case was rejected by the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. The Supreme Court agreed to hear his appeal. While it was pending in Washington, Bush issued a memo to his attorney general declaring that state courts must enforce the international court's ruling.

Two weeks after the memo, Bush said the U.S. was withdrawing from an international accord that lets the world court have the final say when citizens claim they were illegally denied access to their diplomats when they are jailed abroad.

The treaty had been used by the United States in its lawsuit against Iran for taking Americans hostages in 1979.

The Supreme Court weighed in next, dismissing Medellin's case while state courts reviewed Bush's order. Texas courts again ruled against Medellin, saying Bush overstepped his authority by intruding into the affairs of the independent judiciary.

In April, the Surpeme Court stepped in for a second time, putting Bush and the state he governed on opposite sides and setting up an unusual alliance of interests.

Foreign inmates on death rows in California, Florida, Texas and up to a dozen other states could be affected by the outcome.

Four of Medellin's fellow gang members also received the death penalty and one, Sean O'Brien, was executed last year. Two others had their death sentences commuted to life in prison in 2005 when the Supreme Court barred executions for those who were age 17 at the time of their crimes. Another defendant does not have an execution date.

A sixth participant, Medellin's brother, Vernancio, was 14 at the time. He was tried as a juvenile and is serving 40 years in prison.

Ertman's parents said they want to see the older Medellin brother put to death, pointing out in court papers that his case has been going on longer than their daughter lived.

The case is Medellin v. Texas, 06-984.

So much for state's rights.  Considering what this guy did, I wouldn't be opposed to having him marched out behind the prison and beat to death with a two-by-four.

-b0b
(...shrugs.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #831 - Oct 11th, 2007 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
Man cited for burning Mexican flag
KENS 5 Eyewitness News
10/09/2007
Joe Conger
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA100907.Mexflagburn.KENS_.155c...
It caused some controversy, but it was supposed to. Now, one man is headed to municipal court for burning a Mexican flag in protest in front of the Alamo.

The city is charging 46-year old David Bohmfalk with burning without a permit, even though no one gives permits to burn a flag.

"I was raised to respect my country," Bohmfalk said.

All the rallies and talk of amnesty for undocumented immigrants in May 2006 lit the fires of patriotism for Bohmfalk, he said.

"I just got angry," he said. "I decided I had to do something, make my statement, and that's what I did."

More coverage KENS video: Watch the broadcast

Bohmfalk had his own protest in front of a building known for revolution, where Davy Crockett and James Bowie made a stand. So did Bohmfalk but he used a lighter instead of gunfighter. Park police cited Bohmfalk for illegal burning of rubbish, even it was a Mexican flag he set ablaze.

"Because of what it's made out of, it took a little while to burn it. It took me two minutes, but I got it lit," Bohmfalk

Authorities say his actions left some of the Mexican nationals in the Alamo crowd feeling burned. However, Bohmfalk's attorney, Jason Jakob, says, freedom of speech is Bohmfalk's constitutional right.

"My client felt so strongly, and exercised protest, by burning that flag," Jakob said.

Bohmfalk says while he was detained by police, he was harassed, his life was threatened, and he was even assaulted by some tourists who spit on him. Ironically, all these offenses are punishable by law. Jakob says flag burning is not.

"In America, every day we see people burning the American flag and it's become desensitized," Jakob said. "If we can allow that, we can certainly say that the Mexican flag can be burned."

As a former Texas police chief and military veteran, Bohmfalk says he knows his rights, and is fighting for them.

"Why should a foreign flag get any better protection than the American flag?" he said.

The city has not returned calls for comment. As for Bohmfalk's right to a speedy trial, that's been delayed as well. His trial has been reset three times.

This reeks of pure hypocrisy.  When is the last time you saw a hippy get busted for burning an American flag?  Screw Mexico, and screw their flag, too.

-b0b
(...can see why the rangers thought the flag was "rubbish.")

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #832 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Smile -- You're on Social Security!

By Dana Milbank
Tuesday, October 16, 2007; Page A02

When it comes to the nation's finances, Kathleen Casey-Kirschling is Public Enemy No. 1.

Her offense: being born.

Specifically, being born on Jan. 1, 1946, just a tick after midnight. That made her the first member of the 80 million-strong baby-boom generation, which, starting next year, will begin to bankrupt the nation by crashing the Medicare and Social Security systems. To tout this happy "milestone," the Social Security Administration called a news conference yesterday and invited cameras to film Casey-Kirschling signing up for benefits.

"I think I'm just lucky to be at the top of the boom," said the retired schoolteacher. "I'm blessed to be able to take my Social Security now."

No kidding. As the boomers retire, Social Security will go into the red in 2017 and become insolvent 24 years later, according to the system's trustees. Medicare, meanwhile, starts bleeding in 2013 and goes under in 2019.

Fixing the two would require Medicare and Social Security benefits to be cut immediately by 51 percent and 13 percent, respectively, perhaps by raising retirement ages. And that's a nonstarter for Casey-Kirschling's generation. "Why should boomers who have earned it and who may need that extra support in their retirement -- for medicine, for food, for whatever -- why should they wait if they really don't have to?" she asked.

"That's exactly right," concurred Social Security Commissioner Michael Astrue, standing at Casey-Kirschling's side. "And I think we ought to cut Kathy a little bit of a break here."

Yes, let's. It's not her fault that, ever since a writer for Money magazine found her on the eve of her 40th birthday in 1985, she has been a symbol of her generation. If anything, the ones to blame for the entitlement problems are the boomer presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, and all the boomers in Congress who have put off the painful changes everybody knows will be needed.

Commissioner Astrue, also a boomer, spent much of the news conference whistling past the graveyard of entitlement insolvency.

"There's no reason to have any immediate panic," he announced. "This president, everybody running for president, pretty much everybody in Congress, all accept that there's an issue."

Astrue said he expects Social Security to be fixed before his term as commissioner ends in 2013. And even if not, he added: "It's not catastrophic. . . . Some of the nuclear-winter scenarios that you hear people talking about, really there isn't a factual basis for that."

"What makes you confident?" asked Bloomberg News's Brian Faler.

I spent a fair amount of time talking to senior people in the White House, talking to people in Congress," Astrue explained. "There is an acknowledgment that they have to step up and do it."

Oh? "We're not seeing that," WJLA's Rebecca Cooper advised the commissioner. "What did they tell you?"

"When you're behind closed doors," the commissioner asserted, "there's a real expectation that it's going to happen."

Cooper tried again. "You as the leader on this -- what are you backing?"

"Well, uh, I -- I'm flattered by the assumption of your question," the commissioner said, but "Secretary Paulson has the lead." (That would be Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.)

"What do you recommend?"

"Well, I'm recommending what Secretary Paulson knows I'm recommending to him, but I'm not going to share that now."

So, the Social Security commissioner has secret ideas for fixing the system and lawmakers secretly want to take action? No wonder the members of Generation X -- born after 1964 -- are more likely to believe in UFOs than in receiving their Social Security checks.

Casey-Kirschling, speaking for the boomers, counseled confidence. "I have great hope," she said, that Social Security will be repaired for "my children's generation and certainly my grandchildren's."

Cooper, a Gen X-er, asked Casey-Kirschling about that famous UFO poll. "Why do you have so much confidence?"

"I always like to have my glass half full," she explained.

The first boomer, who lives on Maryland's Eastern Shore, opened her eyes wide with surprise as she entered yesterday's event at the National Press Club and saw all the TV cameras. She put on her reading glasses, then pointed and clicked her way through the online application while television recorded her every mouse movement. "A fun experience," she pronounced when she finished, then went on to explain why she was applying for early Social Security benefits.

"I'm going to take it now because I can take it now," Casey-Kirschling reasoned. "I'm thrilled to think that after all these years I'm getting paid back the money I put in."

For those who will follow the boomers into retirement, it had the faint ring of a taunt.

We're so screwed.

-b0b
(...incredibly, undeniably screwed.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #833 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJcmdMfkwQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Einfowars%2Eco...

But our government wouldn't kill us anymore!  The government loves us!

X

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #834 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
If you'll refer farther up in this thread you'll see I was in the process of writing a paper on vaccines.

Well as I was looking for more information, Alex Jones released the following page with just about all the videos I was using for info:

http://www.infowars.com/articles/science/vaccines/index.html

There's another video by Dr. Tenpenny that's really good and shows that vaccines don't cure anything so if anyone wants that after watching these and aren't convinced I can send it over.

Have a good one.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #835 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 8:33am
Print Post  
This one should get your blood boiling, Stewie.  Tell me what you think about the officers in the picture attached to this article...

http://www.wfsb.com/news/14398188/detail.html

-b0b
(...loves to play with fire.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #836 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Hmm I didn't know there were any police in that picture....THEY LOOK LIKE THE F'IN MILITARY TO ME!  Oh wait...they have police on the back...because when I'm getting my door kicked in by what I think in the military and I think martial law is upon us...I'm going to take the time to ask them to turn around and let me read their "Police" label on the back.

Good find Bob...almost missed the picture.

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #837 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
Eight Detained For Allegedly Stealing Qualcomm Supplies
KPBS - San Diego
Oct 24, 2007
Amita Sharma
http://kpbs.org/news/local;id=9979
San Diego Police officials say they detained eight undocumented immigrants today after the suspects allegedly stole emergency supplies for evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium. KPBS reporter Amita Sharma has more.

Authorities say evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium told police they noticed a group of people loading supplies onto a truck and driving away. San Diego Police Spokeswoman Monica Munoz says witnesses saw the group return three times to pick up supplies.

Munoz: What they were doing was taking those supplies and selling them so what we did was detain those individuals and spoke to them and they told us they were undocumented and what exactly they were doing so we turned them over to the Border Patrol.

Munoz says four of the eight people taken into custody were released. She said she did not know where the group resold the items, nor to whom.

Let's see... 

• They're illegal immigrants. 
  • They were caught stealing. 
  • The items they were stealing were emergency supplies. 
  • Those supplies were intended to be used for an ongoing disaster.

Yet they were released?

They should have been released from a tall pole while attached to a short rope.  What is this country coming to?  How can these guys be released when real American citizens are persecuted and locked up for petty crap?

-b0b
(...thinks this is complete BS.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #838 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 11:58am
Print Post  
If you aren't a citizen you are not bound by the laws of this country, DUH!

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #839 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
We've been releasing illegals because of federal pressure to not offend out neighbors to the south...it's all wrapped up in the NAFTA/CAFTA agreements.  When our economies, roads, and businesses are wrapped up into one nation (aka the North American Union).  The feds have to make people loose hope in securing our boarders.  That way we become so disenfranchised with controlling our boarders when the Pres. announces as NAU we just accept it as old hat.

It's funny, scholars are debating whether or not Iraq is a nation-state because one of the prime criteria for it is whether they can control a steady boarder or not.  Hmm, going by just that one criteria...we aren't even a nation-state.

X

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 102
Send TopicPrint