Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 90 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Interesting News Article Thread (Read 879510 times)
spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Re: Interesting News Article Thread
Reply #1125 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
I have the perfect weapon for you...sword-chucks!

...Brilliant!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1126 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
spanky wrote on Apr 15th, 2008 at 3:23pm:
I have the perfect weapon for you...sword orphan-chucks!

Fixed it!  Nothing can beat orphan-chucks!

-b0b
(...will take two, please!)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1127 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif.—A California judge on Tuesday approved the settlement of a class-action lawsuit that will compensate about 800,000 Ford Explorer owners whose vehicles lost value because of a perceived rollover danger.

The settlement ends lawsuits against Ford Motor Co. in California, Connecticut, Illinois and Texas. Those lawsuits claimed that Explorers lost about $1,000 in resale value because of publicity stemming from a series of rollover accidents involving the SUV.

The class action over the loss in value is separate from the numerous death and personal-injury lawsuits involving earlier models of the Explorer that continue across the country.

Under the settlement, those who bought Explorers in model years 1991 through 2001 are eligible for $500 vouchers to buy new Explorers or $300 vouchers to buy other Ford or Lincoln Mercury vehicles.

Consumer groups and some plaintiffs objected to the settlement. They said few owners will be able to take advantage of the vouchers, in part because of the poor economy and high gas prices.

They also were upset the plaintiffs' attorneys will receive as much as $25 million in fees and costs.

I am a little slow.  Can someone please point out how it is fucking fords fault that all the media hype gave the explorer a bad name?

I miss the people who used to run ford in the 1950-1970's.  They would have just xeroxed their ass and handed them out for coupons.

There is another case where a woman rolled her explorer (was talking on her phone and didn't see a "large metal object" in the road until it was almost too late) and now wants ford to pay her $400 million.  I would like to see her medical bills that total that amount...bitch!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1128 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:10am
Print Post  
No kidding!  The Six Million Dollar Man cost less than that, even with inflation!

I can't believe Ford gave in to that ridiculous lawsuit.  Complete and utter BS.

-b0b
(...would've drop-kicked all of the complainants int the nuts.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1129 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 12:04pm
Print Post  

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1130 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Briney, I didn't know you had a news website that lists every news story about penises and penis related accessories!

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1131 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
There is another kind of news site?

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1132 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises

So that's what happened to me some other guy I know...

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1133 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
I just blame it on the frigid temperatures.

-b0b
(...who cares if it's 75° today?)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1134 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
BENTONVILLE, Ark. - An inmate awaiting trial on a murder charge is suing the county, complaining he has lost more than 100 pounds because of the jailhouse menu.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," Laswell wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."

But Laswell then goes on to complain that he undertakes little vigorous activity.

"If we are in a small pod all day (and) do next to nothing for physical exercise, we should not lose weight," the suit says. "The only reason we lost weight in here is because we are literally being starved to death."

The suit also asks that the county be ordered to serve hot meals. The jail has served only cold food for years.

The meals, provided through Aramark Correctional Institution Services, average 3,000 calories a day, jail Capt. Hunter Petray told The Morning News of northwest Arkansas for a story Saturday.

A typical Western diet consists of 2,000 to 3,000 calories a day.

OK, I knew it was going to happen eventually...but when the hell did wes actually go to jail?

Also a strange headline from MSN, "Testicle bill dangles over Fla. legislators."  Do I even want to know?

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1135 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
West Palm Beach grocery store shootout lands man in jail
Listen to this article or download audio file.Click-2-Listen

By SONJA ISGER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WEST PALM BEACH — It could've been a typical spat between grocery store customer and manager, with the customer announcing he planned to take his business elsewhere. But then the customer drew his gun. The store manager drew his and so did the assistant manager.

It all happened at 5 p.m. Monday at the IGA Supermarket at 1000 36th St. in West Palm Beach. And in the end, West Palm Beach police arrested customer Marshall Hugo Grant for attempted first-degree murder, shooting into an occupied dwelling, aggravated assault with a firearm and carrying a concealed firearm.
Marshall Hugo Grant

Police reported Tuesday morning that Grant, 73, entered the store through the exit despite manager Marino Hernandez's warning not to enter that way. The confrontation escalated, Grant drew a handgun; assistant manager Roberto Espinal drew his handgun. Hernandez also pulled a gun. Grant backed out of the store, firing three times as he went, the arrest report states.

The managers, who witnesses said never returned fire, ended up surrounding Grant, who hid behind a vehicle while continuing to fire, according to the police report. Grant eventually surrendered his weapon to the managers, once they told him police were on their way.

Grant appeared Tuesday morning before Judge Nancy Perez, who ordered him held without bond while he undergoes a psychiatric examination.

I bet you no one will mess this store again!  Go gun rights!

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1136 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Two guys with CCW Permits versus one demented old man with an illegal handgun - go, go good team!

-b0b
(...thinks they should have put his ornery old butt down.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1137 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 6:10am
Print Post  
I bet if they would have shot the geezer the story would have read "Manager shoots old guy who had a gun" and it would prove that guns kill people not other people!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1138 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Better yet, they would've found out the old man had one of these...

-b0b
(...oops.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1139 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
FLORENCE, South Carolina (AP) -- A teen accused of plotting to blow up his high school told police that he wanted to die, go to heaven and kill Jesus, federal authorities said Tuesday.

Prosecutors argued in a federal courtroom that the statements are an indication that 18-year-old Ryan Schallenberger needs a psychological evaluation.

The straight-A Chesterfield High School senior was arrested April 19 and faces several state and federal charges, including attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction. That charge carries a possible life sentence if he is convicted.

"His conduct is bizarre," prosecutor Buddy Bethea told Judge Thomas Rogers III, who did not immediately issue a ruling. "I think it screams out in his conduct that he be evaluated."

Defense attorney Bill Nettles said the request was premature, and that Schallenberger was competent to help in his defense.

Prosecutors want Schallenberger, currently at Chesterfield County jail, moved to a federal facility because they think he may try to commit suicide. His journal writings have become increasingly violent over the past year, prosecutor Rose Mary Parham said.

An agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives testified that the teen told a sheriff he wanted to die after his arrest.

"He said death was better than life," Craig Townsend said. "He told the sheriff he wanted to die and go to heaven and once he got there, he wanted to kill Jesus."

Prosecutors also played a 911 tape of the teen's mother calling police after he smashed his head into a wall two days before his arrest. On the tape, she says her son threatened to shoot police if they came.

"He's not going to do it," Laurie Sittler told the operator. "He's just got a bad temper."

The teen left but his mother was scared he would return, she said in the call. "He's planning to go to college and everything, but I don't know what to do," she said.

Schallenberger was arrested after his parents picked up at the post office a package addressed to the teen containing 20 pounds of ammonium nitrate. They got nervous and looked through his room where they found a cassette tape he wanted played after he died, which they took to the sheriff's office, the agent testified. Authorities found his journal, which lauded the Columbine killers, after searching his room.

The 50-page journal contained notes on more than 10 types of explosives that Schallenberger experimented with and evaluated a year ago, the agent testified. It had a black cover and "Pisces" written on the front, and authorities have said it contained detailed plans to bomb Chesterfield High School.

Schallenberger's parents were at the hearing but would not comment.

Townsend also testified Schallenberger's mother called police to the home in April last year, when the teen was arrested for breach of peace. He said the teen became enraged and knocked over furniture after his mother asked him to walk with his sister to a grandparent's home.

Authorities also seized a computer that shows he searched Web sites for making bombs, a shotgun, carbon dioxide canisters, "hundreds and hundreds" of matchsticks, and more cassette tapes that they have not yet heard, Townsend said.

It's a good thing Jesus carries.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if this loser ever pondered where Jesus would go when He got killed in Heaven?  For that matter, how was he going to get to Heaven in the first place?

-b0b
(...is pretty sure Jesus would have seen him coming.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 90
Send TopicPrint