Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Interesting News Article Thread (Read 880491 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Interesting News Article Thread
Reply #1170 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Yeah, "amicably resolved" my butt.  I wonder how much money they had to throw at the plaintiff to get them to back down?

-b0b
(...bets it was at least a couple million.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1171 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Doesn't that encourage child predators then?  I mean someone could think...if I meet children and run into Chris Hansen they see dollars signs.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1172 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
An Italian man was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend from a Genoa, Italy pub and taking her to his home where he forced her to do his dishes and iron his clothes.

The woman was dragged out of the bar by her 43-year-old ex-boyfriend, shoved into a car and taken to his home where she was made to iron his clothes and wash his dishes.

Police arrived at the man's house after being tipped from a friend who was at the pub.

The man was arrested on kidnapping charges.

That is classic!  You may not want to have sex with me but damned if I am doing the housework!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1173 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Didn't I post that like a month ago or something?

-b0b
(...keeps his pimp hand strong.)

IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Reply #1174 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Church cancels gun giveaway for teens

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKla. - After one of its organizers suffered an injury, a church was forced to cancel a gun giveaway at a weekend youth event.
Advertisement

The Windsor Hills Baptist Church planned the giveaway as a way to draw new participants to the church's annual youth conference.

The gun in question: an AR-15 semi-automatic assault rifle.

Windsor Hills cancelled the giveaway Friday evening after announcing that Pastor Emeritus Jim Vineyard, who was running the event, had suffered a foot injury and would be unable to attend.

A video posted on the church's Web site contains a shooting competition from the 2007 conference, which also included a gun giveaway.

Church leaders defended the decision to hold the event.

"I don't want people thinking. 'My goodness, we're putting a weapon in the hand of somebody that doesn't respect it who are then going to go out and kill,'" said Bob Ross, the youth pastor at Windsor Hills. "That's not at all what we're trying to do."

Past attendees also defended the conference, stating the focus is on helping teens find faith, and not on firearms.

"You make a lot of new friends down here. You get to meet new people," said Vikki Goncharenko, who attended the conference. "There's a bunch of things going on."

Ross said the gun, which had already been purchased for the event, will be given away at next year's conference.

http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=95647&catid=337

WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1175 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:36am
Print Post  
That might be the most awesome door prize I've ever heard of.  Give that pastor a trophy!

-b0b
(...lock and load!)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1176 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
MODESTO, Calif. A group of suspected gangsters apologized for stabbing the wrong person after a home invasion, a woman who lives at the house said.

The attack happened Monday morning inside a house on Whitmore Avenue.

Police said a 32-year-old man was beaten and stabbed inside the living room.

The woman, who spoke to KCRA but did not want to be identified, said she came running down the stairs with a stick in her hand just after 6 a.m. when she heard a commotion.

The men tried to make amends before leaving, she said.

"The one guy that stabbed him, he says, ''You know what, I''m sorry, ma''am.'' And he hugs me and said ''Please, we made a mistake,''" the woman said.

The woman said the men still offered to give him a ride to the hospital and to his mother''s home, but the man refused because he was so scared.

Sgt. Craig Gundlach said the men will face several felony charges.

"No, their apology does not alleviate any crimes they committed," said Gundlach.

Police said the victim, whose name will not be released, is recovering at a local hospital.

Now listen guys, this is important!  Before you unleash horrible screaming stabby death make sure you have the right person...

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1177 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Oh come on.  They said they're sorry.  What more do you want?

-b0b
(...geeez!)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #1178 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 9:21am
Print Post  
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=5390020&page=1

Muahahaha

People still call these guys "hackers"?

AIM  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1179 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:04am
Print Post  
The password has to be either God, Love, (I forget the last one)... or my favorite "Password".

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1180 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Secret is the other

Quote:
A network administrator has locked up a multimillion dollar computer system for San Francisco that handles sensitive data and is refusing to give police the password, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Monday.

The employee, 43-year-old Terry Childs, was arrested Sunday. He gave some passwords to police, which did not work, and refused to reveal the real code, the paper reported.

The new FiberWAN (Wide Area Network) handles city payroll files, jail bookings, law enforcement documents and official e-mail for San Francisco. The network is functioning but administrators have little or no access.

Childs, who remains in custody, is accused of improperly tampering with computer systems and causing a denial of service, said Kamala Harris, San Francisco's district attorney, on Monday afternoon.

"The bail has been set at $5 million, and the exposure in this case if he were convicted on all counts would be seven years in prison," Harris said.

Harris said it's unknown why Childs tampered with the system. The Chronicle, however, reported that Childs was disciplined recently for poor performance. Childs worked in the Department of Technology for San Francisco, making close to US$150,000 a year, the paper reported.

City officials told the paper that Childs may have caused millions in damage while also rigging the network so that other third parties could monitor traffic, posing a huge data security risk. He is also alleged to have installed a tracing system to monitor communications related to his personnel case.

RACE WAR!!!...oh wait I mean....GEEK REVOLT!!!

Come on my brothers and haxs the chains that bind you to your cubicles and let us over throw the proletariat...the jocks who still beat us up!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1181 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Wow!  There are so many problems with that article that I don't even know where to start.

First and foremost, what the heck did the "hacker" do?  The article never actually said what it was the he locked the city out of.  From what I can put together, it sounds like he probably just locked them out of the IOS console on the city's routers.

Second, what makes this guy a hacker?  If he had privileges to a resource and abused that privilege to lock out everyone else, that makes him a tool, not a hacker.

That article is full of fail and WTFery.

-b0b
(...LAME.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1182 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:43am
Print Post  
spanky wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:04am:
The password has to be either God, Love, (I forget the last one)... or my favorite "Password".

God, Love, Sex, or Secret.  Those are the only four possibilities.

-b0b
(...AKA Lord Nikon.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1183 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
That article is full of fail and WTFery.

You can't mean that the video doesn't know WTF they are talking about when it comes to computer news AND they would trump up a story with terms that are so "queer" that they don't even mean what the use to mean.

X

IP Logged

computerjuvenile
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #1184 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Resetting the router would be easy.  Anybody with any experience could do it.  They should just change it late one night, and reset the routes.  If they run EIGRP or anything similar, the other routers will just fill it in on the routes in no time. 

The guy should be commended for making the other IT people look like idiots.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90
Send TopicPrint