Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Interesting News Article Thread (Read 880542 times)
spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Re: Interesting News Article Thread
Reply #1245 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Well poo!  When they linked it on mustangforums.com the link with it didn't work and I got some laughs so I figured I would post it here.  Way to smash all my dreams.

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1246 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Maguire, Raimi out of 'Spider-Man' franchise (AP)
Source: AP Mon Jan 11, 2010, 9:27 pm EST

Actor Tobey Maguire poses for a photo in Beverly Hills, Calif. on Thursday, Jan. 7, 2010. Maguire has being in all three Spider-Man movies. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

LOS ANGELES - Tobey Maguire's web-slinging days are behind him.

The 34-year-old actor and "Spider-Man" director Sam Raimi will not be returning to the superhero franchise next year. Instead, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios announced Monday that a new "Spider-Man" film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on Peter Parker in high school would debut in the summer of 2012 with a new cast and filmmaking team.

"I am so proud of what we accomplished with the 'Spider-Man' franchise over the last decade," Maguire said in a statement Monday. "Beyond the films themselves, I have formed some deep and lasting friendships. I am excited to see the next chapter unfold in this incredible story."

The announcement of a reboot comes after reports that "Spider-Man 4" production stalled amid script revisions. The original "Spider-Man 4" release date seemed unlikely last week when Paramount Pictures announced that "Thor," another big-screen Marvel superhero adaptation, had hammered out the same May 6, 2011, release date as the fourth Spidey installment.

"Working on the 'Spider-Man' movies was the experience of a lifetime for me," Raimi, who directed all three "Spider-Man" films, also said in a statement Monday. "While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job."

Maguire said in an interview last week that there was "great stuff in terms of story and script" for the fourth chapter and the plan was to still release the film in 2011. He also said he had specific ideas about the evolution of the character on the big screen.

"Thor" experienced its own upheaval over the weekend. Stuart Townsend departed the adaptation because of creative differences, according to two AP sources close to the production. Townsend, who had been cast as an ally of the Norse god, was replaced by Joshua Dallas.

The three "Spider-Man" films continually snared moviegoers, earning over $1.1 billion combined. After glowing reaction to the first two films, critical response to "Spider-Man 3" was so-so. Raimi said he was undecided about returning to the franchise after the third movie but later said he didn't like thinking about somebody else making the Peter Parker story.

Sony said it would have more news about the next "Spider-Man" movie in coming weeks.

Wow...something bad happened here.  As of last report, both Maguire and Raimi were signed for a huge bonus to do not only 4 but 5 as well.  Don't get me wrong...I think everyone who worked of the other 3 need to leave because during press junkets the actors complained how it was the same ol' same ol' and they begrudgingly talked about the project, as if the press wanted to hear about other projects they were doing/planning on doing.  I love Sam Raimi but when they forced him to do a Venom movie that he didn't want to do...the end product speaks for itself.

Raimi come back to do a few more low budget "Evil Dead"-esk movies.

Toby, Dunst, and other guy...go "f" yourself hard with your huge bankroll that you got from fan of the movie...and then shove a hot poker up through your pee holes for Spiderman 3...you ball lickers!

X
(May have a slight problem/scaring from Spiddy 3)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1247 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Oh for the love of peat moss!  Are they really making another Spiderman?  Wasn't the Spiderman 3 supposed to be the last one?

They must be aspiring to the Activision business model: If we can't churn out a sequel to this IP every year, we don't want it.

-b0b
(...LAME.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1248 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
For those of us who like the post-apocalyptic genre:

http://www.quietearth.us/postapoc.htm

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1249 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
This one is definitely on my must-watch list:

I don't suppose you have a copy, Stewie?

-b0b
(...for reals!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1250 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I'm dlin' it now.

I have a problem with this though.  It's a Troma film.  This is synonymous with bad films (like the Toxic Avenger)...but they are MADE bad.  They make money off not trying to horribly convey a message or have a passion for a film no matter the budget...no, they just make them bad because they can.  So I'm a little turned off by it right away...but I'm still getting it!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1251 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 6:19am
Print Post  
I just noticed that surfboard has a chainsaw in it.  How could this movie possibly fail?

-b0b
(...nay, I say!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1252 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,586581,00.html

Quote:
Officials are investigating whether the Austin, Texas, plane crash was an intentional act, an NTSB official told Fox News.

An NTSB spokesman, however, told FoxNews.com that "we can't confirm any of that."

Authorities said they have identified the pilot as Joseph Andrew Stack.

A small single-engine plane crashed into a seven-story office building in Austin around 10 a.m. local time Thursday.

http://embeddedart.com/

Boy the news people are slow.

Thats the guys web site, you can see the whois to whom its registered to.

heres some of what he said:

Quote:
I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at “big brother” while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won’t continue; I have just had enough.

I can only hope that the numbers quickly get too big to be white washed and ignored that the American zombies wake up and revolt; it will take nothing less.  I would only hope that by striking a nerve that stimulates the inevitable double standard, knee-jerk government reaction that results in more stupid draconian restrictions people wake up and begin to see the pompous political thugs and their mindless minions for what they are.  Sadly, though I spent my entire life trying to believe it wasn’t so, but violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer.  The cruel joke is that the really big chunks of shit at the top have known this all along and have been laughing, at and using this awareness against, fools like me all along.

I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different.  I am finally ready to stop this insanity.  Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1253 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
I wonder how long it will take for this to get blamed on conservatives?

-b0b
(...gives it five minutes.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #1254 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
TULSA, OK –– Tulsa Police say out of numerous potential witnesses, only one person had any information to offer in a shooting overnight Sunday at the Chicken Hut restaurant, 1500 E. Apache. The shooting victim, 27-year-old Valentino Verner, later died of his wounds at a Tulsa hospital.

Restaurant patrons even shoved past emergency workers, stepping over the victim to get their food.

Police, firefighters and ambulance personnel responded to a call of shots fired at the restaurant at about 3 a.m. They say when they arrived at the Chicken Hut, they found Verner lying on the ground in front of the restaurant's pick-up window.

He had been shot multiple times, according to Tulsa Police Sergeant Mike Eckert.

They had a difficult time getting through the crowd to provide aid to the victim, and no one was trying to help the injured man, Eckert said. People were instead stepping over Verner to get to their food orders.

Eckert said customers even shoved past emergency personnel as they went to the take out window.

After questioning the crowd, they found only one person – a relative of the victim - who had any information about the shooting. That man could only say the suspect was a man in a blue jacket with a hood.

"Exactly one person chose to call 911 to advise us of the shooting," Eckert said. He added that there were more than 100 people in the parking lot when emergency personnel arrived.

"Nobody wants to talk to us. No one wants to give us any information," he said.

Police are investigating the shooting. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=12058604

Why the hell were 100 people getting chicken at 3:00am?

-b0b
(...weird.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1255 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Bars close at 2am.  Why go home?

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1256 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 1:20am
Print Post  
In 1955, Hiroshima survivors came to the US for plastic surgery. While here, they met with one of the pilots who bombed them. On a national tv show called 'This Is Your Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_58byuLBu0&feature=player_embedded

X
(...has something in his eye  Cry )

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #1257 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Where's the tv show where the jewish holocaust survivor meets an ss officer?

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #1258 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 12:31pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #1259 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Cops Ticket Drivers For Ignoring Creepy Pedo-Bunny

We will hit our ticket quota whether you like it or not!

Link

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90
Send TopicPrint