Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 90 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Interesting News Article Thread (Read 879506 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Interesting News Article Thread
Reply #300 - Jun 27th, 2006 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Oh, but you already have...

-b0b
(...didn't anyone tell you?)

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #301 - Jun 27th, 2006 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
what exactly is it that i've lost?

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #302 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Everything.

-b0b
(...GWAR!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #303 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/7757D8BA-CF11-4401-9BD7-593AD3D9C0EB.htm

Israeli warplanes fired at least nine missiles at Gaza's only power station, cutting electricity to 65% of the Gaza Strip, engineers at the station said.

The station's three functioning turbines and a petrol reservoir were engulfed in flames. The airstrike will also affect water supplies to the Palestinians because pumps in Gaza are powered by electricity.

I don't like Israel's warmongering. They are just as bad or worse than the US. They were just waiting and/or orchestrated the kidnapping of the Israeli soldier so they could go into Gaza again. They blew up all of Gaza's main bridges "cutting Gaza in two" as it was said. And then took out most of their power. Thats just rediculous. I thought they were doing a search and rescue, not pacification.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #304 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I call bull.  If Israel wanted "warmongering" in Gaza, they never would've pulled out in the first place (something Wes's Mom should've tried *zing*).

Hamas made it quite clear they were responsible for the kidnapping, so the conspiracy theory is totally unfounded.  Israel = fire.  You play with fire, you get burned.

-b0b
(...that is all.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #305 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
theres a ton of palestinians in israeli jails. I call kidnapping on israel, lets go bomb them. I call bull on you. None of those actions are justified.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #306 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Oh come on, you didn't even laugh at the joke...

-b0b
(...put a lot of effort into that one.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #307 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
hehe i see it now.  Grin that was pretty good

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #308 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
I hope he won't sit on me next weekend.

-b0b
(...hides.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #309 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
A guy that feels sorta like I do about Israel's actions today:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/28/154837/147

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #310 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Let's take a stab at that misguided liberal tripe article...

Quote:
Let's ignore for a second that the Israeli response to a single kidnapped soldier was to blow up the only power plant in Gaza and invade the territory with enough troops and tanks to take a small country.  That in itself crossed the line of necessity.

How many kidnapped soldiers are too many, Briney?  If one isn't enough, how about two?  Ten?  A hundred?

In your mind, where does Israel draw the line and shove their collective boots up the Palestinian Authority's rear end?

If that soldier was your brother, father, son, uncle, or even yourself, would you be so non-chalant about allowing the action to go uncorrected?

If I were the Prime Minister of Israel, I would do everything in my power to bring that kid home safely.  Most military units live, breathe, and die by the motto "nobody gets left behind."  Knowing what Islamic extremists do to captured soldiers (and civilians, for that matter), the Israeli government has an obligation to use whatever force is necessary to bring their soldier back home.

If only the US had the cajones to treat kidnappings of their own citizens and soldiers with the same contempt...

-b0b
(...would've blown the power plant up, too.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #311 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
The ante has just been upped, and quite significantly at that...

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060629/ts_nm/mideast_rocket_dc_1

GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.

"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel.

The Palestinian Authority might possible be the dumbest bunch of idiots on the face of the planet.  They're just begging for the Gaza Strip to be turned into the biggest piece of glass on earth.  Seriously, regardless of whether you think they're right or wrong, you have to admit that they're freakin' retarded.

-b0b
(...thinks Abbas needs to resign yesterday.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #312 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Look Bob, I know that kidnapping is wrong, but what the hell, the Israelis have been doing that for years. If you so much as look the wrong way at them, the will hold you for questioning, indefinatly. Its rediculous! Dont lecture me on whether or not if this man was my brother or father... Plenty of honest "brothers and fathers" have been killed by Israeli soldiers. The crimes go both ways here. Thats all im trying to say. Israel is not some all-righteous country immune of all blame and ill doings. They have been shelling random Palestinian towns for weeks here, not caring who they hit. Many Israeli columnists refer to the Palestinians as less than human, as monsters who dont deserve to live.

Its that kind of thinking that starts genocide. And I am not taking sides here Im just pissed off that an obviously over aggressive action is seen as justified.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #313 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 1:05am
Print Post  
I don't think anyone has the first clue what Israel and the Palestinian Authority have been doing in the past, so I'm focusing solely on the present.

Agents of the Palestinian Authority violated Israel's border and kidnapped one of their soldiers.  Those are facts, and - to the best of my knowledge - are not under dispute.

Kidnapping is a hostile action, and hostile actions committed by one sovereign power upon another through use of force is considered an act of war.

If Canada sent a platoon of Royal Marines into the United States to forcibly kidnap a random soldier from Fort Hood, I can pretty much guarantee you it'd be an international incident.  Why is it any different when the Palestinian Authority does the same thing to Israel?  Overreaction my butt.  If I was the Prime Minister I would shove my foot straight down Abbas's throat until he returned my soldier unharmed.  It is patently ridiculous to assert that Israel is "overreacting" by responding to the continuous assaults on their border towns and the kidnapping of the soldier and citizen.

Unless you want to get stomped on, you don't kidnap soldiers from neighboring countries without provocation, and you sure as heck don't fire rockets at their border towns.  Has Israel made mistakes in the past?  Absolutely.  So has the Palestinian Authority.  The PA wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Israel giving them the Gaza Strip.  Within days of moving into the Strip, the Al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade fired Qassam rockets across the border into Israeli towns.  If that's not a crappy way to say "thanks," I don't know what is.  The Palestinian Authority knew Israel was going to retaliate, even if they underestimated the degree to which Israel would respond. 

The point is this: Don't mess with Israel and you won't get your crap blown up.  Period.  End of story.  There's nothing more to see here, folks.

-b0b
(...dot dot dot.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #314 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Panoramic view of the bridge the Israeli's destroyed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/panorama/2006/06/28/PA2006062800723...

-b0b
(...ouch.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 90
Send TopicPrint