Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 90 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Interesting News Article Thread (Read 880463 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: Interesting News Article Thread
Reply #60 - Feb 22nd, 2006 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
You mean he does want it hated by fans, a steamy pile of crap that destroys every fiber of our childhood in a matter of a few hours?  Also he doesn't have 3 chances to make it not suck!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #61 - Feb 22nd, 2006 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1904

A pretty sweet game trailer. However I got a little deja vu while looking at some of the shots. Lo and behold several shots were direct ripoffs of shots from LOTR. My 3d class did not believe me so I made this webpage on the subject.

I'm prolly going to post this somewhere relevent, maybe send it to Weta Digital lol.

http://www.jasonbriney.com/sun/sun.htm

~Briney

(...wasted an hour on this one)

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #62 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Wow, I smell lawsuit.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #63 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:12am
Print Post  
That's not just an abuse of creative license, that's outright plagiarism.  As soon as I saw the trailer, I thought "rip off," and your site definitely added to the defense.  I didn't catch the Arwen similarity until I saw your side-by-side comparison.

I'm almost wondering if SUN was originally going to be a LotR title, but the producers lost the licensing rights somehow and had to alter the storyline.  Honestly, I can't see something being that blatant without some kind of reason.

-b0b
(...boggles.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #64 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I've looked into the game and it looks pretty sweet. The intro movie that was made for the game was made seperately by another production house called Visual Promotion. Games usually hire a seperate company to do their cinematics, or have a whole seperate division devoted to just cutscenes.

The game itself doesn't look like it is a ripoff of LotR, but the bloody intro movie sure is. I'm trying to figure out how to get a hold of the game studio, Webzen, because it prolly wouldnt be good for them to have this attached to their game when it is finally released.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #65 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 11:48am
Print Post  
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0224/p02s01-usju.html

YEEEHAWWW IT'S THE ROOTIN TOOTIN OOOOOOOOL WEST!

I believe some studies have shown that violence was actually down in the days of gun fighters and cowboys...or that could just mean...we've gotten worse and our moral decline IS actually happening.

Comments anyone?....bob?

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #66 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 11:58am
Print Post  
That op-ed piece is just a bunch of unsupported hand-wringing.  Every time a state considers concealed carry or "castle doctrine" legislation, the hippies start screaming about "blood running in the streets" and the "return of the wild west."

It's never happened.

If you want to see what you can expect with the passage of concealed carry legislation and castle doctrine laws, just look at the states that have already done it.  Crime drops steadily as the adoption of those laws by "good guys" increases.

-b0b
(...thinks this is an open and shut case.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #67 - Mar 1st, 2006 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11507919

Wow a PA politician who will stand up to the feds???  Amazing!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #68 - Mar 1st, 2006 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
This one is going to make Briney cry...

Quote:
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060301/ap_on_fe_st/gummed_up_art

DETROIT - A 12-year-old visitor to the Detroit Institute of Arts stuck a wad of gum to a $1.5 million painting, leaving a stain the size of a quarter, officials say.

The boy was part of a school group from Holly that visited the museum on Friday, officials say. They say he took a piece of Wrigley's Extra Polar Ice gum out of his mouth and stuck it on Helen Frankenthaler's "The Bay," an abstract painting from 1963.

The museum acquired the work in 1965 and says it is worth about $1.5 million.

The gum stuck to the painting's lower left corner and did not adhere to the fiber of the canvas, officials told the Detroit Free Press. But it left a chemical residue about the size of a quarter, said Becky Hart, assistant curator of contemporary art.

The museum's conservation department is researching the chemicals in the gum to decide which solvent to use to clean it. The museum hopes to make the repair in two weeks and will keep "The Bay" on display in the meantime, she said.

"Our expectation is that the painting is going to be fine," Hart said.

Holly Academy director Julie Kildee said the boy had been suspended from the charter school and says his parents also have disciplined him.

"Even though we give very strict guidelines on proper behavior and we hold students to high standards, he is only 12 and I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he did before it happened, but he certainly understands the severity of it now," said Kildee.

-b0b
(...loves how they got so specific about the brand of gum.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #69 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 8:18am
Print Post  

http://cs2.cust.educ.ubc.ca/csed420/ArtsEdNet/Images/P/bay.html

I just found the painting in question.  How in the world is that crap worth $1.5 million?

-b0b
(...doesn't get it.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #70 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 9:28am
Print Post  
One word....Hippies!

X

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #71 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Hippies have way too much money.

-b0b
(...nods nods nods.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #72 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
The art world is a bunch of BS. Some moron art dealer prices the dang thing on the value of the artist, his/her concepts and utter bull. These elitist morons look at these splotches and say "ooo, how avante-garde, how groundbreaking. Its so different from the normal classical way of thinking. What an innovator!" Blam, 1.5 million dollar splotches of paint.

I hate everything the art community stands for and believe me im in the thick of it.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #73 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
So, I guess the real question is this:  Do you prefer Wrigley's or Juicy Fruit on your paintings?

-b0b
(...snickers.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #74 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13990873.htm

Man showing off OnStar attracts cops who find drugs
By

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - (AP) -- A man showing off his OnStar system in his Cadillac Escalade found out the system worked too well.

Ralph A. Gomez, 38, was being held in the St. Johns County Jail Wednesday on $15,000 bond on charges of possession of an illegal narcotic within 1,000 feet of a church and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Gomez was showing off his OnStar system to his girlfriend, but the volume was set so low that he couldn't hear the OnStar operator. OnStar comes on many new General Motors vehicles and allows a customer to contact an OnStar representative in an emergency or to get directions.

If there is no response, OnStar contacts police.

That's what happened with Gomez on Friday night, Tom Clements, a spokesman for the St. Augustine Police Department, said Wednesday.

When police located Gomez' car, they determined there was no problem. But Clements said cocaine was clearly visible on the car's center console.

In addition to seizing $1,900 in the case, the Cadillac equipped with the OnStar system was also seized, Clements said.

There was no information available from Clements or the jail on whether Gomez has a lawyer.

You've got to love dumb criminals.

-b0b
(...certainly does.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 90
Send TopicPrint