Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Michigan to Raise Minimum Wage (Read 12161 times)
Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Re: Michigan to Raise Minimum Wage
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Seriously, I would be affected by this legislation since I currently make 6.50 at K-mart(bob represent!)  I do know that there should be a low minimum wage in order to keep prices low but damn.  One 5 hour shift of me working is bearly enough to pay for the gas I put in my car.  If I work 3 days a week with 5 hour shifts part time, it takes me over one day of work to cover the cost of my gas for the two weeks until my next check comes.

AIM  
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Stop crying and get a more fuel effecient car nublet.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

computerjuvenile
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #17 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Burger flippers

I think bob just added that one to laugh at me.  j/k

I do agree that it seems like the raise of minimal wage will just lead to inflation.  If people believe they aren't making enough money in their lives, they should do something about it. 

I use to make 5.35 an hour at McDonalds, and I hated it.  SO I did something about it.  I worked hard for months and got my self promoted. 

The entire point I'm getting at is people should make what their worth.  Burger Flippers should only have 5 or 6 an hour, because thats all the job is worth.  I would never tell my co-workers, but most of them aren't worth anything in life.  I would hate to make a career out of fast food or low paying jobs like that.  Most people in places like that (not nessessary high school students) don't aspire to be more in life, and they should only get paid for what their worth.

~ComputerJuvenile

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint