Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Morrowind: Oblivion (Read 21735 times)
The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Morrowind: Oblivion
Mar 24th, 2006 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Me and my roomate pitched 50/50 and picked up a copy of the collectors edition last night at Wal-Mart...and I must say this game is fucking amazing.  The graphics are mind blowing (I play on Bens computer, mine just can't handle it anymore) and the game seems really cool and open ended so far.  Albeit I've only played for about 30 minutes.

Anyone else picked this up yet?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: Morrowind: Oblivion
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
I should have it later tonight, it took a while for the torrent to get healthy (picture 20,000 people trying to download from 10 seeders)

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

computerjuvenile
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Am I wrong or is it called Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.  Just saying

I think my computer would litterally blow up if I asked it to play the game.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:22am
Print Post  
I had a chance to see the opening dungeon levels of Oblivion on the 360 on Saturday.  The game looks hella k-rad super-kewl.  Notably, even the brand spankin' new 360 was lagging up at times, especially when switching from the character's point-of-view to the menu.  I downloaded it Thursday night before I disconnected my "babies" to take them to my apartment, but I might actually buy it (*gasp*) this weekend based on what I saw on the 360.

Wes, what kind of system are you running these days?  Specifically, what kind of video card?  I'm thinking about buying a 7800GS to run this game and Earth 2160.  The rest of my rig is relatively up-to-date, but I definitely need to upgrade my GeForce 5600 to play this game.

-b0b
(...wants it bad.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 10:11am
Print Post  
How are you guys doing in Oblivion?  What are you playing, and what level are you at?

I can't believe how incredibly rockin' this game is.  I'm less than two hours into the game so far, so I've not even scratched the surface, but I'm already hooked.  I can't wait until noon arrives so I can play for 45 minutes while I'm taking lunch.  I'm planning on wasting at least 8 hours playing on Saturday morning.

I'm playing a wood elf archer born under the thief sign.  He's only level one, but he's already a decent marksman with a fair sneak ability.

-b0b
(...will post a screenshot if he ever gets decent equipment.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I was wondering if any of you have it pirated?  Is it easy to crack?  Does it need to have anti-virtual drives installed as well?  How easy/hard is that to run?

Thanks
X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I pirated the *.iso of the DVD and installed it directly.  Then, I downloaded the "no CD" patcher from GameCopyWorld, dropped it into the game directory, and ran it.  It patched the primary *.exe for the game, and everything ran just fine.

No need to run anti-Blaxx or any other utility.  Just install the game, run the "no CD" patcher, and play!

-b0b
(...is going to buy the game on Saturday, just because it's worth it.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
I'm my own class blend of spellcasting / fighting. Level 22

Regular Elven gear:

Raiment of Valor from Grand Champion in arena:

And yea im a nerd.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
is your character a chick?

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Yea, of course!!

If im going to play an rpg and want to look cool, im gonna be a girl.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
is your character a chick?

I was going to ask that same thing! 

I'm somewhat embarassed to post a level 1 character with only 90 minutes of play time, especially after seeing Briney's character, but life is busy and this is the best I can do in two days.

I really need to crank up the graphics a bit, especially in the anti-aliasing department.  I think I've got some leverage now that I've got my new video card.

-b0b
(...plans on get some serious levelage going on this Saturday!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Thieving is a LOT of fun! Pickpocketing too... I havent even started the main questline yet, I've been having fun with the Arena (awesome), Thieves guild, Mage's guild, Fighters Guild, and just exploring. The Assassins guild i havent tried yet, cause theres some vampire action in there, and im not sure i want to be a vampire yet, even though you get a ton of bonuses (but cant go into sunlight for long). You can buy houses, and even invest in the shops around the world to make an extra buck.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Good deal.  I just joined the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild yesterday at lunch, and I'm debating which one I want to spend my time on first.  Even though I'm going to focus primarily on marksmanship right off the bat, I think I'm going to work on the Mages Guild recommendations first, and possibly one or two of the easier quests past that.  I've heard you can get some really cool stuff as you increase in rank with them.

What are your ranks in the respective guilds?  I haven't done any assignments in any guild as of yet, but I'm certainly hoping to do some tomorrow.  I need to figure out how to join the Thieves Guild so I can buy off any bounty I might incidentally incur.

If I murder someone - say, a town guard, what kind of lasting consequences will I face once I've paid off my bounty?

-b0b
(...`inquiring minds' and all that jazz.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Yea i spent my time on the arena and the mages guild quests. I would definetly do those while leveling up marksman, cause theres alot of fighting. The assignments are pretty fun, and different per each guild. The mages guild is in depth and has lotsa drama. The fighters guild feels like you are muscle for hire, and go around helping out the little guy. I havent become an assasin or a vampire yet, so dunno bout those. And the theives guild stuff is pretty tricky too, good stuff.

And if you keep killing guards, youll start gaining infamy, and eventually people would recognize you for the evil murderer you are, making it hard to barter. Same, if you are a vampire, people know. Well thats cause you also look pretty hit up. I would recommend hitting up the forts and elvin ruins. There are lots of loot in those, especially forts with human bandits, cause they always wear armor near your level.

I have finished the arena quests, which were fun, I felt like a Gladiator. Every week i fight monsters to keep making cash tho. Im pretty high up in the mages quests, im in the Arcane University, and Ive just only begun the fighters guild ones, im not too high in that.

Here are some screens:

Lewts taken after clearing a fort:

Some Weapons at my house:

My new glass armor look, still need the helm:

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Too cool!  I'm having a weird problem with Oblivion.  I played all day just fine, then left the house for a few hours.  When I got back, the game was suddenly playing super slo-mo style, totally unplayable, and I don't know what the deal is.  I've tried new beta drivers, *.ini tweaks, changing settings, rebooting, and nothing seems to work.  Grrrrr!

I haven't given up yet, though!

-b0b
(...wonders where Wes is hiding?)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint