Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) HOLY CRAP! News Stories (Read 283717 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Re: HOLY CRAP! News Stories
Reply #225 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 10:53am
Print Post  
That's some old spam there...that started the summer of '07.  I have to admit...it's pretty crafty...and just like the Nigerian ones...people don't go to the cops but pay it.  I wonder if anyone has written "I'll give you double the price that person paid if you kill that person".

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #226 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Everyone knows I am not the best at teh grammerz.  But holy hell, if you are going to threaten my life do it in English please!

...damn redundant bastard.

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #227 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
Religious police in Saudi Arabia arrest mother for sitting with a man
Sonia Verma in Dubai

A 37-year-old American businesswoman and married mother of three is seeking justice after she was thrown in jail by Saudi Arabia's religious police for sitting with a male colleague at a Starbucks coffee shop in Riyadh.

Yara, who does not want her last name published for fear of retribution, was bruised and crying when she was freed from a day in prison after she was strip-searched, threatened and forced to sign false confessions by the Kingdom's “Mutaween” police.

Her story offers a rare first-hand glimpse of the discrimination faced by women living in Saudi Arabia. In her first interview with the foreign press, Yara told The Times that she would remain in Saudi Arabia to challenge its harsh enforcement of conservative Islam rather than return to America.

“If I want to make a difference I have to stick around. If I leave they win. I can't just surrender to the terrorist acts of these people,” said Yara, who moved to Jeddah eight years ago with her husband, a prominent businessman.
Related Links

* Does Islam fit with our law?

* Saudi King spares rape victim from lashes

Her ordeal began with a routine visit to the new Riyadh offices of her finance company, where she is a managing partner.

The electricity temporarily cut out, so Yara and her colleagues — who are all men — went to a nearby Starbucks to use its wireless internet.

She sat in a curtained booth with her business partner in the café's “family” area, the only seats where men and women are allowed to mix.

For Yara, it was a matter of convenience. But in Saudi Arabia, public contact between unrelated men and women is strictly prohibited.

“Some men came up to us with very long beards and white dresses. They asked ‘Why are you here together?'. I explained about the power being out in our office. They got very angry and told me what I was doing was a great sin,” recalled Yara, who wears an abaya and headscarf, like most Saudi women.

The men were from Saudi Arabia's Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, a police force of several thousand men charged with enforcing dress codes, sex segregation and the observance of prayers.

Yara, whose parents are Jordanian and grew up in Salt Lake City, once believed that life in Saudi Arabia was becoming more liberal. But on Monday the religious police took her mobile phone, pushed her into a cab and drove her to Malaz prison in Riyadh. She was interrogated, strip-searched and forced to sign and fingerprint a series of confessions pleading guilty to her “crime”.

“They took me into a filthy bathroom, full of water and dirt. They made me take off my clothes and squat and they threw my clothes in this slush and made me put them back on,” she said. Eventually she was taken before a judge.

“He said 'You are sinful and you are going to burn in hell'. I told him I was sorry. I was very submissive. I had given up. I felt hopeless,” she said.

Yara's husband, Hatim, used his political contacts in Jeddah to track her whereabouts. He was able to secure her release.

“I was lucky. I met other women in that prison who don't have the connections I did,” she said. Her story has received rare coverage in Saudi Arabia, where the press has been sharply critical of the police.

Yara was visited yesterday by officials from the American Embassy, who promised they would file a report.

An embassy official told The Times that it was being treated as “an internal Saudi matter” and refused to comment on her case.

Tough justice

— Saudi Arabia’s Mutaween has 10,000 members in almost 500 offices

— Ahmad al-Bluwi, 50, died in custody in 2007 in the city of Tabuk after he invited a woman outside his immediate family into his car

— In 2007 the victim of a gang rape was sentenced to 200 lashes and six years in jail for having been in an unrelated man’s car at the time. She was pardoned by King Abdullah, although he maintained the sentence had been fair

Ya know if it wasn't for all the killing that occurs when people speak out against Muslims...Islam would be on par with Scientology and be considered just another cult.  This is what happens when you follow a guy who said...we worship the same god as the Jews...so let's kill those Jews and anyone else who won't believe in our god!  I really wish Muslims would take a good look at the history of Allah and notice that he was nothing more than an old pagan god who Mohammad worshiped at Mecca.  It wasn't a new concept...the only thing new was that Allah went from one of thousands to just one.

What is this?!  You are typing with white text?!  Allah commands nothing about this...soooooo....we cut off your hands!

Ya know, I always thought the point of any religion was to draw closer to the deity.  Granted, I believe that God is the only true God...but I'll give up for the sake of argument that the God I worship is somewhat like all the others (but I don't really).  Why would anyone want to worship someone like Allah?  Allah, like the Mormon gods, are a generational thing and it just seems weird that whereas most generations die out...this one has grown.  Does the threat of death really force people to follow and believe that much?

X

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #228 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 8:41am
Print Post  
What are you talking aboot?  Islam is the religion of peace!

AIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #229 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Maybe the prohibition people of the 20s should have taken a page from the Muslim book if they wanted to force people not to drink.

X

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #230 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A man accused of murdering teenage model Sally Anne Bowman confessed to having sex with her after she was killed, a court has been told.

Miss Bowman, 18, was repeatedly stabbed and bitten outside her home in Croydon, south London, in September 2005.

Chef Mark Dixie, 35, of no fixed address, denies murdering Miss Bowman.

Prosecutor Brian Altman said: "The defendant confesses that he had sex with Sally Anne and that he had sex with her after her death."

The court heard Mr Dixie had said he had been drinking, took drugs and had "taken advantage of the situation".

When will people learn?  Rape THEN murder.  Yeesh.

AIM  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #231 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
A Pennsylvania man picked up for sexual assault tried to convince his teen victim and police that he was a supernatural werewolf/vampire combination, police told the Allentown Morning Call.

Kristian Allen Carl, 19, believed he was a hybrid – part werewolf and part vampire – and that he had a guardian dragon that “protected him from evildoers,” police told the paper.

Carl was charged with statutory sexual assault after admitting he had sex with the victim, 15, after meeting her the previous night and convincing her that he was the bizarre creature, the Morning Call reported.

Pottsville police Sgt. James Joos said that Carl even tried to convince him of his “curse.”

"He showed me his canine teeth," Joos told the Morning Call. "I let him know that all mammals, including humans, have canine teeth."

Ok, who is dumber.  The guy that made this story up, or the twunt who bought it and had sex with him?!

If some girl came up to me and said, "I am a vampire.  Lets do it!"...I would probably say yes.  Hmm bad example.  Ok if a really hairy girl came up to me and said, "I am a werewolf.  Lets do it!" I would say no thanks, here is my friend bobs number.

I am sorry this is survival of the fittest now.  In ohio I hear radio ads all the time about how kids shouldn't go meet the cool people they find on myspace.  If you are stupid enough to go off and meet these people then you deserve to live in a well rubbing lotion on your skin.(or else it gets the hose again!)

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #232 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 9:17am
Print Post  
I will never understand the stark stupidity of teenage girls.

Seriously, WTF?

-b0b
(...WTF FTW.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #233 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Hey Craig u Q T wanna meet?

Growwwl!

Your PAL - Part transformer/part terminator

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #234 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 9:52am
Print Post  
You know, a liquid metal Optimus Prime would be pretty darn cool.

-b0b
(...wants one.)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #235 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey Craig u Q T wanna meet?

Sure, I trust that you are really Jeri Ryan and not some dirty old man.

...hmm why would 7of9 want to meet me in a dirty old van down by the river?

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #236 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Who cares, she said she has candy!

-b0b
(...free candy!)

IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Reply #237 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
That famous saint named Patrick will have his green-drenched party this year, but it's unclear when the guests are supposed to arrive.

For the first time since 1940, St. Patrick's Day will fall during Holy Week, the sacred seven days preceding Easter.

Because of the overlap, liturgical rules dictate that no Mass in honor of the saint can be celebrated on Monday, March 17, according to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

But a few Roman Catholic leaders are asking for even more moderation in their dioceses: They want parades and other festivities kept out of Holy Week as well.

WHYYYYYYY!!!!

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #238 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Because God hates you.

-b0b
(...could be wrong.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #239 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
WASHINGTON — A helicopter carrying three senior U.S. senators has made an emergency landing in Afghanistan.

Sens. John Kerry, Joseph Biden and Chuck Hagel were aboard the aircraft., according to Jon Summers, a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. The lawmakers are on a trip this week that includes stops in India, Turkey and Pakistan.

Kerry and Biden are Democrats from Massachusetts and Delaware, respectively, and the Republican Hagel is from Nebraska.

This will be interesting.

-b0b
(...keeps his eyes peeled.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23
Send TopicPrint