Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Iran. (Read 41760 times)
Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Re: Iran.
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
looks like Briney is correct, there was news all over the internet today of some weapons plans purchased by Iran.

Its sad to say this but I want the US to be attacked again before we head to action against another middle eastern country.  Intel about a document purchased on the "black market" is kinda hard to prove and hard to prove that the document contains any weapon building plans.  I want these found documents to be released to the public so that we may see the evidence.

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Yea I don't see this circumstantial evidence being gathered by the US and the EU moving opinion in the US enough to warrant another war in the Middle East. The plans were just on how to make parts that could only be used for a nuclear weapon. I feel that the only way we can continue taking over other countries is we need another terrorist attack in the US. The presidents approval rating has been hovering in the 30-40% range and 2/3 of Americans think that America is not going in a good direction. Another large attack on this country will unite us again against whatever enemy the Government names. If it is large enough perhaps there would be some form of Martial Law in effect.

If it is Biological, Martial Law would be declared to restrict travel. Imagine if there was a delivery system in place at the Super Bowl that had a deadly airborne disease in it. The results would be devastating because people would take that disease home with them all over the country. All state borders would have to be closed and strict curfews enforced.

Imagine if a nuclear device was detonated at the Super Bowl. The instantaneous loss of life from mostly white suburbia would enrage the nation. Attacking one of our core pastimes would basically put us on the warpath. Plus downtown detroit is rundown and rotting and a blast there would only clear the way for Federal emergency money to rebuild the "slums" into nicer areas. Look at what happened in New Orleans. All those flood-ravaged areas have to rebuilt, and 80% of the population will not be returning.

All I am saying is learn from history. Hitler had his cronies burn down the Riechstag, and blamed it on the Communists, labeling them terrorists. He got Parliament to vote him brand new powers that eventually made him Dictator.

Star Wars III actually showed this too. Palpatine got into power because of the Seperatist (terrorist) threat. He created the Seperatist as enemies to attack the Repubic. When he declared himself Emperor, Senator Padme (hot) said "So this is how democracy dies... with thunderous applause." 

We already have our enemy... Terrorism. In the first place that is such a broad enemy with rediculous motives. "They are attacking America because they hate our freedom." Give me a freakin break. Anyone who buys into that BS has to have the intelligence of an 8-year old. And with terrorists as the enemy, with no end in sight, our fearless leader can engage whatever country in the Middle East that he wants.

Look out for it though, fellas. The next big terror attack in the US is going to change everything. Please don't buy into whatever Bush will call for afterwards.

~BRiney

PS. Im just using the Super Bowl as an example because

1. It's  the perfect target
2. I'm a paranoid SOB living in Detroit.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #17 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
So yea, the world keeps getting more interesting. the IAEA referred Iran to the UN security counsil. Iran's leader responding by ordering his country to stop all cooperation with the IAEA. He also ordered full scale enrichment of uranium. Now the referral doesnt mean any action will be taking place soon. We still have about a month before the security counsil would convene to discuss the matter. Russia and China only backed the referral if Iran was given a month to rethink their position.

Lets not forget Israel's threat of military action by the end of March. This cooincides with when some decisions might be made by the Security council.

Also, 4 embassies in Syria were torched today because of cartoons with blasphemous depictions of the prophet Mohammed that have been circulating for a while in European newspapers. This is pretty crazy, but I can understand their point of view. Drawings or depictions of Mohammed are prohibited and here we are with cartoons showing him as a terrorist. Not cool. Its insane to watch how this escalated so quickly, I bet those cartoonists aren't feeling to good about now.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

pangulo
GeekCrew n00b

Reply #18 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
About those cartoons.  They may not have been "cool" but that's just too damn bad.  Muslims do not have some special right that protects their religion from being "insulted."  The fact that they have to go around calling for the murder of westerners and destroying property, does not lend any credit to the notion that these groups of people are peaceful.  They need to grow up.

Lucky 13
AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #19 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
pangulo wrote on Feb 4th, 2006 at 7:25pm:
About those cartoons.  They may not have been "cool" but that's just too damn bad.  Muslims do not have some special right that protects their religion from being "insulted."  The fact that they have to go around calling for the murder of westerners and destroying property, does not lend any credit to the notion that these groups of people are peaceful.  They need to grow up.

That's a massive +1.  If you're unhappy about a cartoon calling your deity a terrorist, you probably shouldn't respond with terrorism.  Just an idea.

-b0b
(...doesn't understand the logic.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #20 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Things are really getting out of hand. Iran has cut all economic ties with Denmark, and is considering the same with other EU contries that printed the cartoon.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-02-06T1...

How far is this going to go?

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #21 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FCE073DD-7F1B-4714-95F0-DD1F354F1D9A.htm

Quote:
Iran's largest selling newspaper has announced it is holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

"It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper, which is published by Tehran's conservative-run municipality, said on Monday.

He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he asserted.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionist historians, who maintain the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as well as other groups during World War II has been either invented or exaggerated.

Hey, I kinda agree here. Lets see if Western papers will pick up some of these cartoons.

IP Logged

pangulo
GeekCrew n00b

Reply #22 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Why?  Cartoons about the holocaust have been done before.  In this instance, the political speech component is tit-for-tat, having little to do with the actual event.  If I was an editor, the image and the speech don't go hand in hand (I'm generally saying this with an assumption on what an actual cartoon would depict).  Therefore, I'd probably not print it.

In other news*, Pakistan's Medical Association is boycotting drugs from Europe.  It kind of reminds me of the commercial where the patient doesn't want any organs from blacks, jews, hispanics, gays, left handed people, Star Wars geeks, etc.  Oh well, a few less jihadists to worry about then!  Now, if we can only get them to boycott the use of other Western stuff like computers, C-4, airplanes, and bullets.

Well, I'm glad that I don't live in Pakistan.  Actually, I would be glad I didn't live in Pakistan even if they weren't boycotting European drugs.

*http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2006/02/06/afx2501761.html

Lucky 13
AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #23 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Pakistan can suck it.

-b0b
(...nods nods.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #24 - Mar 4th, 2006 at 8:26pm
Print Post  

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1139395531778&pagename=JPost%2FJPArti...

Quote:
The United States will present a 30-day ultimatum to the UN Security Council this week, the Washington Post reported Saturday, calling on Iran to cease with its nuclear program.

It was reported however, that the US would not request further economic sanctions on Iran.

déjà vu anyone?

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #25 - Mar 4th, 2006 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Shoot why should we try and try something that might work and lead to other options?!

Not to mention this will fully turn the rest of the world against us.  I think even the Etheopians might be against us now.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #26 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 11:34am
Print Post  
http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,1724473,00.html

Quote:
According to Time magazine, the US plans to present the security council with evidence that Iran is designing a crude nuclear bomb, like the one dropped on Nagasaki in 1945. The evidence will be in the form of blueprints that the US said were found on a laptop belonging to an Iranian nuclear engineer, and obtained by the CIA in 2004. However, any such presentation will bring back memories of a similar briefing in February 2003 in which Colin Powell, then US secretary of state, laid out evidence of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, which proved not to exist.

~Briney

(...gets out the popcorn)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #27 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Pass the popcorn.

-b0b
(...thinks this is about to get interesting.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #28 - Mar 7th, 2006 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
http://smh.com.au/news/world/iranian-negotiator-boasts-of-fooling-europeans/2006...

Quote:
THE man who for two years led Iran's nuclear negotiations has laid out in unprecedented detail how the regime took advantage of talks with Britain, France and Germany to forge ahead with its secret atomic program...

...He boasted that while talks were taking place in Tehran, Iran was able to complete the installation of equipment for conversion of yellowcake - a key stage in the nuclear fuel process - at its Isfahan plant while convincing European diplomats that nothing was afoot.

"From the outset, the Americans kept telling the Europeans, 'The Iranians are lying and deceiving you and they have not told you everything'. The Europeans used to respond, 'We trust them'," he said.

Oh the Americans... Our saviors!! Come liberate the world from tyranny and oppression!!

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #29 - Mar 7th, 2006 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Team America - World Police

-b0b
(...runs away.)