Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) Iran. (Read 41759 times)
MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Re: Iran.
Reply #30 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/20/060320195105.4089dcoq.html
Quote:
"The threat from Iran is, of course, their stated objective to destroy our strong ally Israel. That's a threat, a serious threat. It's a threat to world peace," the US president said after a speech defending the war in Iraq.

"I made it clear, and I'll make it clear again, that we will use military might to protect our ally Israel," said Bush, who was apparently referring to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's call for the destruction of Israel.

Quick way to get into a fight with Iran.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #31 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 11:39am
Print Post  
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iranterror21mar21,0,6266532....

Quote:
Some officials, citing evidence from highly classified satellite feeds and electronic eavesdropping, believe the Iranian regime is playing host to much of Al Qaeda's remaining brain trust and allowing the senior operatives freedom to communicate and help plan the terrorist network's operations.

And they suggest that recently elected President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may be forging an alliance with Al Qaeda operatives as a way to expand Iran's influence or, at a minimum, that he is looking the other way as Al Qaeda leaders in his country collaborate with their counterparts elsewhere.

Another fabricated way to get into a fight with Iran.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #32 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Wow, they're really digging for stuff now.

-b0b
(...counts down the days.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #33 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 11:44am
Print Post  
How much money would it save the gov to deploy troops from Iraq to Iran rather than America to Iran.  That is one reason that our troops are still stationed in Iraq, incase of hostilities with Iran.  We could just travel next-door to Iran and sweep them too.

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #34 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How much money would it save the gov to deploy troops from Iraq to Iran rather than America to Iran.  That is one reason that our troops are still stationed in Iraq, incase of hostilities with Iran.  We could just travel next-door to Iran and sweep them too.

You don't really think the Bush administration really cares about something as trivial as cost, do you?  Congress just voted to raise the national debt limitation to 9 TRILLION dollars.  Cost?  Pfff!

-b0b
(...wonders where the fiscal conservatives are hiding?)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #35 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Just making sure ya'll are caught up.

Escalation:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=U0FGCWPXJOFD3QFIQMFSFFOAVC...

Quote:
The Bush administration is planning to use nuclear weapons against Iran, to prevent it acquiring its own atomic warheads, claims an investigative writer with high-level Pentagon and intelligence contacts.

President George W Bush is said to be so alarmed by the threat of Iran's hard-line leader, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, that privately he refers to him as "the new Hitler", says Seymour Hersh, who broke the story of the Abu Ghraib Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal.

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6664

Quote:
Tehran, Iran, Apr. 09 – Iran said on Sunday that it shot down an unmanned spy plane from Iraq in the south of the country.

“This plane had lifted off from Iraq and was busy filming the border regions”, the semi-official daily Jomhouri Islami wrote.

The plane’s structural markings and systems have given officials “information”, the report added, without elaborating.

There have been reports that the United States has been secretly sending unmanned surveillance planes into Iran to gather intelligence about the country’s nuclear sites.

It's getting worse!!!

I give it till the end of the summer or early fall.

~BRiney

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #36 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 11:52am
Print Post  
That first article you posted is a bit hard to swallow since the hypocrisy of the situation is so obsurred.

I saw the article on drudge and it was not highlighted in red, which means it might have little value of being true. maybe  Undecided

AIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #37 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
It is absurd, but when you have Bush calling the Iranian president "the new Hitler," that means that in Bush's eyes, Iran would use the nukes for terrorism. America is all about using their nukes for "justice"... The hypocracy is just rediculous, but that is pretty much how America has been doing things since it was founded. Heres a modern example:

America sends out civil rights warnings every year to countries that it feels do not fit the standards that a democratic freedom-loving country should have. America also tortures prisoners, and says they wont stop. America is also the only industrial nation that will not sign the anti land-mine treaty, even though thousands of innocent people die from land-mines strewn about war torn countries. Hypocracy is just how we roll, because anything America does is automatically right, and everyone else must change to fit our view of the world.

It's actually pretty sickening.

~BRiney

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #38 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
...thus the twilight of another empire is signaled.

-b0b
(...nods sagely.)

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #39 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I'm telling you....if women ruled the world.....ok. I admit it. We'd all probably be alot nastier. Then again, I don't see a woman really going into warfare as fast as a man would. But you never know. Quite frankly, I think its human nature to want power and even be a hypocrite about stuff.

my broken record player plays on.

cait

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #40 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
So you're saying that women don't like power and couldn't be corrupted?

Not sure what point you were making.

X
(Asking in all honesty)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #41 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
I meant (and failed to say) that all people like power and are easily hypocritical/corrupted. Its really human nature.

Cait
        (...sick of politics)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #42 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Oh dear, someone set us up the bomb.

Quote:
www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/11/D8GTUL906.html

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI
Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran

Iran has successfully enriched uranium for the first time, a landmark in its quest to develop nuclear fuel, hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday. He insisted, however, that his country does not aim to develop nuclear weapons.

In a nationally televised speech, Ahmadinejad called on the West "not to cause an everlasting hatred in the hearts of Iranians" by trying to force Iran to abandon uranium enrichment.

"At this historic moment, with the blessings of God almighty and the efforts made by our scientists, I declare here that the laboratory- scale nuclear fuel cycle has been completed and young scientists produced enriched uranium needed to the degree for nuclear power plants Sunday," Ahmadinejad said.

"I formally declare that Iran has joined the club of nuclear countries," he told an audience that included top military commanders and clerics in the northwestern holy city of Mashhad. The crowd broke into cheers of "Allahu akbar!" or "God is great!" Some stood and thrust their fists in the air.

The U.N. Security Council has demanded that Iran stop all uranium enrichment activity by April 28. Iran has rejected the demand, saying it has a right to develop the process. The head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency, Mohamed ElBaradei, is due in Iran this week for talks to try to resolve the standoff.

The White House denounced the latest comments from Iranian officials, with spokesman Scott McClellan saying they "continue to show that Iran is moving in the wrong direction."

Ahmadinejad said Iran "relies on the sublime beliefs that lie within the Iranian and Islamic culture. Our nation does not get its strength from nuclear arsenals."

He said Iran wanted to operate its nuclear program under supervision by the International Atomic Energy Agency and within its rights and regulations under the regulations of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Emphasis mine.

I bet Israel is just itching to bomb Iran back into the stone age.  Perhaps this will give them some added momentum toward achieving that desire? 

What none of news outlets are talking about is that Ahmadinejad is a confirmed believer that Armageddon is coming.  In Islam, this would be the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

From the Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/15/AR2005121501428_pf.html

"When Ahmadinejad unexpectedly won the presidential elections, he immediately gave $17 million of government funds to the shrine (The more devout believers in Iran pray at the Jamkaran mosque, which houses a well from which, some believe, he (12th Imam) will emerge. Last month Ahmadinejad said publicly that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam."

Just like fundamentalist Christianity, the second coming will be accompanied by the usual trials, tribulations, death and destruction.  An Iranian journalist reported Ahmadinejad saying in official meetings that the hidden Imam will reappear in two years.

So a Holocaust-denying, virulently anti-Semitic, aspiring genocidist, on the verge of acquiring weapons of the apocalypse, believes that the end is not only near but nearer than the next American presidential election.  (Pity the Democrats. They just can't catch a break.)  This kind of man would have, to put it gently, less inhibition about starting Armageddon than a normal person.  Indeed, with millennial bliss pending, he would have positive incentive to, as they say in Jewish eschatology, "hasten the end."

-b0b
(...wonders what the going rate is on bomb shelters these days.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #43 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 11:03am
Print Post  
In case you were wondering...

(...Hans Bwix!  Oh no!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #44 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 12:11am
Print Post  
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060418/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians

Quote:
Israel - After Hamas defended a deadly suicide bombing Monday,
Israel's U.N. ambassador warned that recent statements by the Palestinian government,
Iran and
Syria "are clear declarations of war, and I urge each and every one of you to listen carefully and take them at face value."

Ambassador Dan Gillerman cautioned that a new "axis of terror" — Iran, Syria and the Hamas-run Palestinian government — was sowing the seeds of the first world war of the 21st century.

"A dark cloud is looming above our region, and it is metastasizing as a result of the statements and actions by leaders of Iran, Syria, and the newly elected government of the
Palestinian Authority," he said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint