Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Game Thread! (Read 199956 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Game Thread!
Reply #465 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Square Enix made Final Fantasy XIII-2 official today with an announcement, only days after the surprise was spoiled by a domain name registration. The upcoming sequel to 2010's Final Fantasy XIII is due next winter for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game promises a new story and a battle system that builds on those from FFXIII.

Right now details on the official site are sparse, other than the announcement, a logo, and a single screenshot. The first trailer for the game is expected to arrive on Thursday, January 20, and will (hopefully) shed more light on the sequel. But at the very least, it will look cool; this is Square, after all.

I wonder if this will be another JPop-laden "Dress Up and Dance" abomination?

-b0b
(...misses the Square of yore.)

FFXIII-2.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #466 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Duke Nukem Forever Gets Release Date, New Trailer

Duke Nukem Forever, the once and future King of All Vaporware, is finally nearing release. (Probably.)

2K Games said Friday that it will release the long-awaited title, in development since 1997 and the many-time winner of Wired.com’s Vaporware Awards, on May 3 in the United States. An international release will follow May 6.

I'll believe it when I see the opening splash screen on my own PC.

-b0b
(...is still a skeptic!)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #467 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
I got an e-mail from them telling me to watch for the early play demo code.  Apparently I get it because I bought Borderlands...?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #468 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I saw the promotion for that.  If you bought the GOTY edition of Borderlands, you got a free pass for the Duke Nukem beta.

-b0b
(...already had all the expansions, so can't participate.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #469 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 10:25pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #470 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Bob I know you probably never thought to hear this from my mouth.

But FF13 was ok at best....the game was WAY to drawn out and slow for a modern video game.

FF14 Online is being dubbed the "worst MMO ever made", and rightfully so I can say as I beta tested it.  The game was the most broken mess I have ever played in my life...crashed constantly, levelling was broke, poor animations...terrible....I'm currently beta testing Rift and THAT is real MMO.  Possible WoW killer in my opinion.

So you will have to forgive me if I'm not all gung ho about FF13-2 haha

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #471 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Oh and on another note, if any of you want to try RIFT: Planes of Telara.  The Beta starts Tuesday and lasts three days, it will be Beta number 5.

WMKN-T6JD-JQDL-P92T-ZWQQ

That is my VIP Beta Key, should have 25 more uses on it, so feel free to apply it to your account if you want to play.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #472 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 8:58am
Print Post  
I wonder if anyone attempted to play Star Trek Online and compare it to FF14 online.  I think the title of "worst MMO ever made" would probably go to that.

I heard a lot of good things about RIFT but I'm still waiting for Star Wars - The Old Republic to come out and then a month later test the MMO waters.

Has anyone played the DC Universe Online MMO?  Heard anything about it?

X
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2011 at 12:30pm by X »  

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #473 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  
The_Fat_Man wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:24pm:
But FF13 was ok at best....the game was WAY to drawn out and slow for a modern video game.

FF14 Online is being dubbed the "worst MMO ever made", and rightfully so I can say as I beta tested it.

I'm not surprised.  I didn't even bother beating FF13.  Meredith beat it and enjoyed it, but it was wayyyy too linear for my tastes.  FF12 really hit the spot, but I didn't like the direction FF13 took at all.  Rumors state that FF13 ended up getting rushed out the door because the engine took forever and a day to complete, hence the linear pathing and lack of "extra" areas (e.g. towns, shops, etc).

Supposedly, part of the driving force behind FF13-2 is to utilize a lot of the art and content that got cut from FF13.  I have no idea how true that is, but my general disdain for FF13 and the incredible suckage of the only mainline sequel to day (FF10-2) makes me think that FF13-2 is going to blow.  Then again, I've been wrong before.

I've also heard a lot of really negative comments on FF14.  Personally, I could never get into FF11, so that doesn't surprise me, but that game is really getting slammed by even hardcore MMO fans.  No loss here.

X wrote on Jan 23rd, 2011 at 8:58am:
I'm still waiting for Star Trek - The Old Republic to come out

LOLWUT?

-b0b
(...finally beat Mass Effect 2 last night.  Weee!)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #474 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Woops...fixed now.  Thanks.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #475 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
b0b wrote on Jan 23rd, 2011 at 11:57am:
The_Fat_Man wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:24pm:

FF14 Online is being dubbed the "worst MMO ever made", and rightfully so I can say as I beta tested it.

I'm not surprised.  I didn't even bother beating FF13.  Meredith beat it and enjoyed it, but it was wayyyy too linear for my tastes.  FF12 really hit the spot, but I didn't like the direction FF13 took at all.  Rumors state that FF13 ended up getting rushed out the door because the engine took forever and a day to complete, hence the linear pathing and lack of "extra" areas (e.g. towns, shops, etc).

Supposedly, part of the driving force behind FF13-2 is to utilize a lot of the art and content that got cut from FF13.  I have no idea how true that is, but my general disdain for FF13 and the incredible suckage of the only mainline sequel to day (FF10-2) makes me think that FF13-2 is going to blow.  Then again, I've been wrong before.

I've also heard a lot of really negative comments on FF14.  Personally, I could never get into FF11, so that doesn't surprise me, but that game is really getting slammed by even hardcore MMO fans.  No loss here.

X wrote on Jan 23rd, 2011 at 8:58am:
I'm still waiting for Star Trek - The Old Republic to come out

LOLWUT?

-b0b
(...finally beat Mass Effect 2 last night.  Weee!)

FFX-2 had a really great combat system, I thought.  The story line made me want to hang myself from a curtain rod though.

And did you LOVE Mass Effect 2 as much as I did?  I can honestly say that it is my favorite single player game of all time!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #476 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And did you LOVE Mass Effect 2 as much as I did?  I can honestly say that it is my favorite single player game of all time!

I second that wholeheartedly!

November does not come soon enough! that trailer was awesome!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #477 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
I can't believe I waited this long to play it.  I'm kinda glad I waited though, because there is no way I could have dedicated the time necessary to truly enjoy that game prior to graduation.  It's definitely in my top 5 favorite RPGs of all time, and that's very hallowed ground!  I'm going to wait until October/November to complete my second "New Game +" playthrough so I'm fresh for Mass Effect 3.

This is going to be an amazing year for games.  Dragon Age II is coming out on March 8th, The Witcher 2 comes out on May 17th, Mass Effect 3 comes out in November/December.  Deus Ex is making a return in February, and I can only hope it is half as good as the original.  Portal 2 is coming April 18th, and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out in November, too.

Dungeon Siege is slated for "2011," and Homefront (had to throw out at least one non-RPG) is coming in March.  Did I miss anything?

-b0b
(...is going to be broke all year long.)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #478 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:33am
Print Post  
I should probably finish dragon age before 2 comes out, eh?  Hope that game ends well.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #479 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Dragon Age is a great game, I couldn't put it down.  The expansion was decent but only makes sense if you've read the second Dragon Age book.  The DLC is entirely forgettable with the exception of Leliana's Song.

If you beat the first game and nothing else, I'm sure you'll be ready for greatness.

-b0b
(...besides, the ending rocks your face!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79
Send TopicPrint