Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 79 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Game Thread! (Read 199960 times)
The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Re: Game Thread!
Reply #675 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
That link is broken.  But if you youtube "Take Earth Back" you will get to watch one of the most awesome video game trailers of all time.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #676 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Mass effect 3 live action trailer

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #677 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
It's a bit cheesy, but the song is pretty amazing.  Skyrim: Modern Dovahkiin:

-b0b
(...wishes he could rock out.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #678 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Another amazing trailer for Mass Effect 3:

I'm furiously running through my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2.  Nobody is going to die this time, damn it!

I'm still peeved that ME3 isn't going to be on Steam.  Origin is, as always, a complete trainwreck.  Mass Effect 3 preloads started on Friday, but for some reason, the option to preload is still grayed out for me.  I've spent a fair amount of time Googling for a fix and have found a lot of people with the same problem, but I still can't get my issue fixed.  This had better be resolved by Tuesday, dang it!

-b0b
(...Origin sucks!)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #679 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Origin was a complete crappity smack up for The Old Republic too.

Justin pre-ordered like 2 months in advance, and they only charged his card 5 bucks....he didn't notice.

The day the game launched they charged his card the other 55 dollars and bounced his account!  Who the hell does that with a pre-order on a card?  Never seen that shit in my life.

Origins response?  Your bad.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #680 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Wow, I finally got my preload notice from Origin at 1:30pm today, a whopping three days after preloading became available for everyone else.  I was worried I wasn't going to be able to play at all tomorrow night.

I have bigger worries, though.  I've just finished collecting all of my crew members in my second playthrough of ME2, and I need to beat it before I can start ME3.  Life is hard, mmkay!

-b0b
(...is the very definition of "first world problems".)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #681 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
No mater what I did in ME2, Legion always died....

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #682 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
I would comment about all the awesome games I've been playing; however, the man-friend has been playing non-stop Old Republic for what feels like forever and hogging the gaming system. Damn you, Old Republic.

The last thing I played was De Blob 2 ((because I have a 9 year old niece) and excluding the Zumba PS3 Move workout). It's a sad, sad world. Last *good* game played: Heavy Rain.  I'm excluding board games because Dominion was just introduced to me this past weekend and I feel behind the curve and around the corner on that.

Cait
(...contributes so she doesn't disappear for 2 years at a time now?)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #683 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Heavy Rain has been sitting in my Amazon shopping cart for about two years now.  I played the demo when it came out and absolutely loved it, but I just haven't pulled the trigger for some reason.

My wife does the whole Zumba DVD thing.  Would you recommend the PS3 game?  I'm always looking for gift ideas!

-b0b
(...OMG MASS EFFECT!)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #684 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Oh man, I've been playing so much TOR too Cait!  Two level 50's now....

So much free time this time of year haha

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Reply #685 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Heavy Rain is pretty great for both player and viewer. Rob played a lot of it, but it was actually one of the few games where I could be involved without playing because it played out like a movie. I had to keep watching it.

Zumba for the PS3 Move isn't quite everything I wanted it to be- it's definitely fun, definitely a work out but I have trouble keeping the controller in the game-provided belt and feel that it's one of the Move games with not-so-great movement detection. I'm trying to convince my friend with the XBox Kinect to get it for his girlfriend so that she and I can play it one day. Basically, so I can compare motion-systems.

Also, I should mention that getting a work-out game as a "gift" may not go over well in the lady-world. It may send the wrong message, unless she's been asking for that particular game. Lady-friendly games thus far: Katamari (anything), Little Big Planet 1 & 2 (love love love love LBP) and Indiana Jones Lego-version. That is, if she's an Indiana Jones fan. I think the lego games are all pretty charming and simple. But I guess that depends on her gaming style. For me, I like ultra-cute things.  And Heavy Rain (not very cute at all, despite the origami crane on its cover).

Rob and I are definitely having some problems with certain games more than others and we aren't sure if it's the size of our living room or if it's the game itself.  Does anyone else have a PSMove and if so, are you having the same issues?

Not that it matters, because the next time I will be playing with the Move is when Rob is done playing TOR. Apparently, this is an end not in sight.  Grin

Cait
(....just worked one very long shift filled with very angry, pregnant ladies. sorry for the rambles)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #686 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Quantic Dreams, the folks the made Heavy Rain, have released a tech demo that illustrates real-time rendering on the PS3.  The video is, to say the least, very emotionally powerful.

Heavy Rain was incredible, and I can wait to see what they come up with next.

-b0b
(...super sad frowny face!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #687 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 1:10am
Print Post  
hehe

I am at GDC in San Francisco right now, and I was in that talk where David Cage showed that video for the first time. I was really impressed because their focus was on story, and emotion first rather than creating a true tech demo. If any of you have played Heavy Rain, you'll know all about that. However he even admitted that they were still in the uncanny valley (the closer you get to a realistic cg human face, the more uncomfortable you get as a viewer) 

What was interesting to me was seeing the performance capture of the actress after seeing the cg trailer. She did an amazing job, but the whole range of facial subtleties that she performed were still not captured. They also recorded 2 other actresses with very similar voices to do the French and Japanese segments so they would be authentic. They then retargeted that animation onto the rig and cut in the different voices. Their goals were to test new believable facial animation tech, as well as tears, scarring, etc.

I would very much like to see this technology combined with Rockstar's facial video animation technology that they used for LA Noire. I think we are really getting to a point where the face alone in games can give a great read of emotion. But I also feel that we still need some form of stylization to the art style, because super realism can seem stiff or uncomfortable. I think it only worked really well in avatar because they were blue and catlike. If they were more human toned and shaped, they probably would have looked terrible. We are close though, and this video definitely pulled on ye ole heartstrings.

Very cool!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #688 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Anything else happening at GDC?  Be sure to share the juicy tidbits!

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #689 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Well I'm 26 hours into the Single Player campaign of Mass Effect 3, and I have 3 level 20 characters in multiplayer.

At this point I'm willing to say that Mass Effect takes its place as the greatest video game epic ever told.  What an amazing game. (Although I think ME2 still holds as my favorite game of all time)

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 79
Send TopicPrint