Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Game Thread! (Read 200416 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Game Thread!
Reply #765 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Yay, Steam sale!  I picked up a few games, and noticed a nifty new feature.  I'm sitting in a hotel room in St. Louis and made the purchase through the Steam website instead of the client.  After making the purchase, I saw an option to remotely install the games I'd bought on my home PC.  I thought that was pretty nifty!

-b0b
(...beats using the VPN to do it!)

SteamRemote.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #766 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Soooo now that the sale is rapidly coming to a close. What games did people get and are excited to play/are playing?

I tried to pick up some space sim games, but none looked particularly awesome yet (a couple on the horizon)
Did get:

Darkstar One
Space Rangers 2 (really like this game)
Gal Civ 2

My abridged list:

Warhammer dawn of war 2
Arma 2 (for Day Z baby!)
Arkham City
STALKER
Sim City 4
Train Simulator 2012 (haha)
Sins of a Solar Empire
Bioshock 1 and 2
Civ 5
Rage
Dead Space 1 and 2
Saints Row 3
Fallout New Vegas
Dead Island
From Dust
Darksiders
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Indy Games:

Plants V Zombies
Botanica
Dear Esther

Any stinkers in there to avoid? Or anything I should get before 1pm tomorrow?

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #767 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:26am
Print Post  
I picked up a few packs and a couple franchises, along with a smattering of indie titles here and there.  I was stuck in St. Louis until Friday, so I didn't really have a chance to troll the summer sale as much as I would have liked.

The first title on my list is Anno 2070.  It looks like an interesting title and I'm ready for something unique.  Hack, Slash, Loot is also toward the top of the list.

-b0b
(...yay Steam!)

Jul 22 - You now own Evochron Mercenary, SOL: Exodus, Lunar Flight, Splice, SpliceSoundtrack, Botanicula, The Dream Machine, chapter3_depot, Quantum Conundrum, Adam's Venture Episode 1: The Search For The Lost Garden, Adam's Venture Episode 2: Solomon's Secret, Adam's Venture Episode 3: Revelations, Anno 2070, Anno 2070 - Standard Key, Anno 2070 - The Keeper Package, Anno 2070 - The Development Package, Anno 2070 - The Eden Series Package, Anno 2070 - The Central Statistical Package, Anno 2070 - The Crisis Response Package, Anno 2070 - The Distrust Series Package, The Silent Running Package, The Nordamark Line Package, The E.V.E. Package.

Jul 20 - You now own Xpand Rally Xtreme, Crash Time III, Driver San Francisco, Driver San Francisco - Deluxe Key, Driver San Francisco - Deluxe Key - Mac, Killing Floor - RO2 Digital Deluxe DLC, Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe DLC, Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, Red Orchestra 2 SDK, Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Beta, Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Single Player, Spiral Knights - Sonic CD DLC, Sonic CD, The Doctor Who Cloned Me, The Doctor Who Cloned Me Mac, Dungeon Defenders Penny Arcade Costume Pack, Dungeon Defenders Penny Arcade Costume Pack, Dungeon Defenders Lucky Community Costume Pack, Dungeon Defenders - City in the Cliffs Mission Pack, Dungeon Defenders - Series EV Hero DLC, Stellar Impact, Stellar Impact - Game Activation Key, Stellar Impact – Support Ship, Stellar Impact - Carrier Ship, Stellar Impact - Artillery Ship, Analogue: A Hate Story, Analogue: A Hate Story Soundtrack, Analogue costume pack DLC, PixelJunk Eden, PixelJunk Eden Original-Soundtrack, Fireburst, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Killing Floor - Harold Lott Character Pack, Killing Floor - Urban Nightmare Character Pack, Bang Bang Racing.

Jul 19 - You now own Hack, Slash, Loot, Gratuitous Tank Battles, Krater, Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack, Nexuiz Duel Mode, The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2, Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone, Mutant Storm Reloaded, Fowl Space, Bumbledore, Painkiller: Recurring Evil, A Valley Without Wind, Dynamite Jack, Thief 2, Thief Gold, Alien Shooter 2 Conscription.

Jul 17 - You now own Stronghold 3, Stronghold 3 Warwick Statue Banner DLC, Stronghold 3 Marksburg Statue Banner DLC, Stronghold 3 Tower of London DLC, Stronghold 3 Edinburgh DLC, Stronghold 3 Harlech DLC, Stronghold 3 Blackstaff Campaign, Stronghold 3 - Map Editor, Gotham City Impostors, Gotham City Impostors Double XP - Self, Gotham City Impostors Double XP - Team, Gotham City Impostors Rodeo Pirate Pack, Gotham City Impostors Dress Up Pack, Gotham City Impostors Calling Card Pack 1, Gotham City Impostors Calling Card Pack 2, Gotham City Impostors Croc Pet, Gotham City Impostors Gotham Mascot - Pretty Poison, Gotham City Impostors Gotham Mascot - Harlette, Gotham City Impostors Gotham Mascot - Killah Kitteh, Gotham City Impostors Unlock: Premium Card Pack 3, Gotham City Impostors Premium Card Pack 6, Gotham City Impostors Premium Card Pack 7, Gotham City Impostors Steamy Punk Pack, Gotham City Impostors Mega XP Boost - Solo, Gotham City Impostors Mega XP Boost - Team, Gotham City Impostors Costume Coin Boost - Solo, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, Batman: Arkham City™, Batman Arkham City: Arkham City Skins Pack, Batman Arkham City: Robin Bundle, Batman Arkham City: Nightwing Bundle, Batman Arkham City: Challenge Map Pack, Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn.

Jul 16 - You now own Assassin's Creed Revelations - The Ancestors Character Pack, Assassin's Creed Revelations - The Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack, Assassin's Creed Revelations - The Lost Archive, Alan Wake, Alan Wake Developer Commentary, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Trine 2, Trine 2 Collectors, Tropico 4 DLC Quick-Dry-Cement, Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin, Tropico 4: Modern Times.

Jul 12 - You now own Eschalon: Book 2, Runespell: Overture, Legend of Grimrock, Avernum: Escape From the Pit, Crusader Kings Complete, Puzzler World 2, Crusader Kings II, Dynasty CoA Pack 1, Mongol Graphics Pack, Songs of Albion, Songs of Faith, Ruler Designer, Songs of the Holy Land.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #768 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hey Briney, have you had a chance to play The Walking Dead yet?  Telltale is usually pretty decent, and I'd love to give it a try.

-b0b
(...Zombies!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #769 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
I just bought it 10 minutes before the sale ended today, Havent had a chance, but I love the comics and the show, So I'm looking forward to it!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #770 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
http://kotaku.com/5929067/gabe-newell-wants-to-support-linux-because-windows-8-i...

http://kotaku.com/5929569/blizzard-isnt-happy-with-windows-8-either

Quote:
The head of Valve says his company is working to develop for Linux, calling Microsoft's Windows 8 a "catastrophe" that will lead product manufacturers to abandon the platform.

At a gaming event in Seattle last night, as reported by AllThingsD, Valve CEO Gabe Newell said the one thing holding back Linux is video game support.

"The big problem that is holding back Linux is games. People don't realize how critical games are in driving consumer purchasing behavior," Newell said, according to AllThingsD. "We want to make it as easy as possible for the 2,500 games on Steam to run on Linux as well. It's a hedging strategy. I think Windows 8 is a catastrophe for everyone in the PC space. I think we'll lose some of the top-tier PC/OEMs, who will exit the market. I think margins will be destroyed for a bunch of people. If that's true, then it will be good to have alternatives to hedge against that eventuality."

Looks like Microsoft is sticking to the Star Trek movies philosophy of quality. Every other release is good!

Bad news.

However I picked up on this statement from Gaben:

Quote:
We want to make it as easy as possible for the 2,500 games on Steam to run on Linux as well.

Bobs current amount of games: 1,881

Comon Bob, only 619 more to go!!!

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #771 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:38am
Print Post  
It's ridiculously unlikely, but a leaked PDF shows that Valve is going to announce Half-Life 3 at Gamescom:

http://www.t3.com/news/half-life-3-confirmed-at-gamescon

-b0b
(...when pigs fly!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #772 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
b0b wrote on Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:38am:
It's ridiculously unlikely, but a leaked PDF shows that Valve is going to announce Half-Life 3 at Gamescom:

http://www.t3.com/news/half-life-3-confirmed-at-gamescon

-b0b
(...when pigs fly!)

I guess not.   Sad

Quote:
Gamescom are now saying that Half-Life 3 and Dragon Age 3′s appearances on the list was “a mistake”, according to Eurogamer. Although they won’t say how that mistake happened. Also, Lamda Generation heard from Valve (a rare treat) saying they weren’t showing any games this year.

-b0b
(...bah!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #773 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:43pm
Print Post  

This bad boy turned 23 years old today.  I still have mine, complete in the original packaging.

Happy birthday, GameBoy!

-b0b
(...nostalgia!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #774 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Also, it appears EA has effectively killed off on of the only sequels I'm really looking forward to.  Generals 2 (sequel to Command and Conquer: Generals) is now being partially aborted and will launch as a free-to-play title:

A poll on a Generals fan site is taking a beating so far, with 3/4 of voters calling it a bad idea:

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #775 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Why are people voting it down?  Free to play is always good isn't it?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #776 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
...have you ever played a free-to-play game?

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #777 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
The fact that they are doing this shows that they are releasing an unfinished product. Sad.

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #778 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 12:54am
Print Post  
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-gene...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story/

Two cool looking games I just backed on Kickstarter.

Look bob, Planetary Annihilation is from some of the Total Annihilation guys!

And the 2nd one looks a bit like Minecraft + Dungeon Defenders

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #779 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Mists of Pandaria (World of Warcraft) Opening Cinematic.  While a goofy ass concept...the cinematic is absolutely mind blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64&feature=player_embedded

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79
Send TopicPrint